Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags vs Giants
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Many people looked at the Giants as a pushover game. They are 5-1 while beating some big opponents. I expect the Jags to lose this game by a TD or more.

24-17 GMEN
Nah

Jags 28 Giants 10

The winning surge starts
Think I saw Giants are near the bottom of the league in run defense.
Jaguars - 27
Giants - 24

It'll be a dog fight. Giants have a really good front seven. They're going to need to be fast and quick in the passing game. My biggest concern with them offensively is Jones' ability to scramble and Barkley's overall ability in both aspects of the game. He's returned back to his rookie form and he's currently the NFL's all purpose yards leader.

Hopefully the gameplan essentially calls for Lloyd to follow Barkley anytime he's out on the football field. We really, really, REALLY need Fatukasi back in the line-up. If he goes another week MIA my score prediction goes the opposite direction and the Giants win by three late in the 4th quarter. Simply because it feels like they'll be able to run it more right at us.

Walker has to step up. As frustrated as I was yesterday with the pass rush? Allen DAMN near had a game winning play when he got just enough of Ryan to force a bad pass over the middle. Safety just couldn't get to it. That could have the been ball game right there. Walker though, this is a game where he might have some opportunities to chase after Jones in the pocket and he might need to keep his head on a swivel like he did in week one looking for the screen pass to Barkley.

I can guarantee you that screen pass is coming early in this game. They have to be ready for it.
(10-17-2022, 07:53 AM)ClemsonRob Wrote: [ -> ]Think I saw Giants are near the bottom of the league in run defense.

That's right 

Giants win by running offensively but can't stop it defensively. (ranked 4th and 28th respectively)

Jags stop the run well and run the ball well. Tough matchup for the giants whose QB has only eclipsed 200 yds passing once this season. (217)
NYG 29 - Jags 22
Giants by 10
(10-17-2022, 08:23 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Giants by 10

They haven't lost a game by more than 1 score all season, why now?
(10-17-2022, 08:36 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2022, 08:23 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Giants by 10

They haven't lost a game by more than 1 score all season, why now?

We have trouble with mobile QBs, and Daniel Jones has been at his best out of the pocket. The defense is being exposed for lack of a pass rush as well. Our coverage is inadequate without pressure on the QB. 

Finally, we just seem to be regressing.
Giants will destroy jags. I'm going to get jones in a fansty league,and start him at qb this week. its the same ol jags nothings changed.  still can't beat bad teams like winless texans on own home field.  watch me get jones,start him in fansty,and some how jags will win that game. I would be 100% ok with that.
Three words

Wrap up Saquon.

Can't let him break tackles and get going. He's been great so far this year and is a big reason Jones looks better.

I think it was in 2016 a high flying Giants came to Duval and completely threw the game away. I'm hoping we can win but am interested to see how we respond to the last 2 games.
41-13 Giants
(10-17-2022, 09:24 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]Giants will destroy jags. I'm going to get jones in a fansty league,and start him at qb this week. its the same ol jags nothings changed.  still can't beat bad teams like winless texans on own home field.  watch me get jones,start him in fansty,and some how jags will win that game. I would be 100% ok with that.
Ok, Debbie.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

(10-17-2022, 08:39 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2022, 08:36 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]They haven't lost a game by more than 1 score all season, why now?

We have trouble with mobile QBs, and Daniel Jones has been at his best out of the pocket. The defense is being exposed for lack of a pass rush as well. Our coverage is inadequate without pressure on the QB. 

Finally, we just seem to be regressing.
I have the same concerns. This has a week four vibe to it but I think we'll somehow play up to the competition and cover the spread Vegas has on this one. This might be an ugly dog fight just like the Buffalo game last year.

I just hope like hell Fatukasi is back this weekend. They absolutely are not the same defense without him. He was the plug holding back the bathtub of water filled with regression.

Plug him back in and I think this defense improves across the board. Especially in the pass rushing department.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I think it hinges on whether Foley can return. We need him to control the line and force the run game to the sidelines where our speed is more an advantage.

If he's there, we win 24-20.
If he's not, we lose 24-20.
(10-17-2022, 08:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2022, 07:53 AM)ClemsonRob Wrote: [ -> ]Think I saw Giants are near the bottom of the league in run defense.

That's right 

Giants win by running offensively but can't stop it defensively. (ranked 4th and 28th respectively)

Jags stop the run well and run the ball well. Tough matchup for the giants whose QB has only eclipsed 200 yds passing once this season. (217)

Jaguars will control this game with Etienne having his true break-out. Agree that Fatukasi's return is critical, but Jaguars win either way.
(10-17-2022, 08:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

That's right 

Stats show good results but I'm not sold that the run defense is actually good. Most teams haven't tried to run a bunch so the yards/gm is lower than it would be if the games were balanced more.

The defense isn't great against the pass or run. If you hold the ball while trying to pass, they are a lot better against the pass because the rush has time to get there.

Expecting to get run all over this game.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Two game managers at the QB helm going at each other.

This ought to be fun.
If Fatusaki plays I say we win. If he is out I say we lose by 10
Jags are a 3pt favorite.
(10-17-2022, 08:15 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: [ -> ]Jags are a 3pt favorite.

1. Home team gets auto 3 points 
2. Media/ gambling community may still not be taking the Giants seriously.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6