Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The refs for the NYG game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I don't think I've ever seen a worse officiated game.  Almost the entire game, bad calls and no-calls were having a huge impact.  It was really biased against the Jags for the first 59 minutes of the game, then at the end it was as if the refs decided to try to even it out and questionable calls started going the Jags' way.  But it wasn't enough of course.  

I feel like we need a PFF for refs.  Where they could grade each call and see which teams are getting screwed and which aren't.  Every single fan feels like their team gets the shaft, and I would pay for someone to objectively put it out there which teams are actually getting it.
Was the PI call against us in the endzone as bad as it looked in the stadium?
The call against Cam was horrible as well
(10-23-2022, 08:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think I've ever seen a worse officiated game.  Almost the entire game, bad calls and no-calls were having a huge impact.  It was really biased against the Jags for the first 59 minutes of the game, then at the end it was as if the refs decided to try to even it out and questionable calls started going the Jags' way.  But it wasn't enough of course.  

I feel like we need a PFF for refs.  Where they could grade each call and see which teams are getting screwed and which aren't.  Every single fan feels like their team gets the shaft, and I would pay for someone to objectively put it out there which teams are actually getting it.

You have the subjective calls like PI which will be a flag in one game but not another which us frustrating but you just want some consistency. The easy calls like ball spots and offside/encroachment, delay of game, no excuse to miss those. There are more than enough zebras to get it right. Today's group were bad, really bad and a lot of calls, both ways you couldn't understand.

The PI on Campbell was huge tho. We kept holding the Giants when I'm our 30 but that call put them on the 1 and when they have Barkley...

I've noticed for a few years the refs seem to want to keep it 'a game'. So they bail teams out, they give teams a fresh set of downs and seem to have a 'if your better you'll stop them again' attitude.

Just ref the game and enforce the rules.
(10-23-2022, 08:25 PM)WYBaugh Wrote: [ -> ]Was the PI call against us in the endzone as bad as it looked in the stadium?

Yeah it didn't look like anything on the replay.  You wish Campbell had his head turned better but it was just a case of the CB being closer to the ball then the receiver.
(10-23-2022, 08:25 PM)WYBaugh Wrote: [ -> ]Was the PI call against us in the endzone as bad as it looked in the stadium?

Yes. It was bogus.
https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...0930927617
I've seen some poorly officiated games. This one was definitely right up there with the worst of them.
Still don't understand how they marked this short. Especially when the official is literally 5 yards away from the play... Pathetic. No clue why Doug didn't challenge it.
https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...0357500928
(10-23-2022, 08:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Still don't understand how they marked this short. Especially when the official is literally 5 yards away from the play... Pathetic. No clue why Doug didn't challenge it.

Question is how do you not challenge it.... And literally the next play he crosses the marker and they mark it short!!  and how do you not challenge that play... Then you go for an fourth one and you don't get it!!  I was literally screaming at the [BLEEP] TV.... If we make it the chances are they score a touchdown or even kick a field goal...then at the end of the game all we need is a field goal to win instead of a touchdown!!!!  regardless of what happened in the game to me this is a major major screw up.... How can you not challenge that It's basic [BLEEP] coaching and whoever's calling it up in the booth and you don't send that down to challenge it needs to go.... I've seen this I forget what game but I've seen it before where it's a blatant first down and they don't challenge it.. and it cost us the game..... Oh the Philly game... Trevor fumbles the ball on the 4th and one.... Didn't need to happen if you challenged the [BLEEP] play
How about our center getting called for illegal player down the field.... The announcers were like I didn't see it...so I rewound the play... he was literally blocking at the line of scrimmage the whole time.... Never moved more than one yard up the field.... and got called on a penalty for being downfield
(10-23-2022, 09:22 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]How about our center getting called for illegal player down the field.... The announcers were like I didn't see it...so I rewound the play... he was literally blocking at the line of scrimmage the whole time.... Never moved more than one yard up the field.... and got called on a penalty for being downfield

Sometimes they call the wrong number.  Was a different Olineman downfield?
(10-23-2022, 08:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]The call against Cam was horrible as well

Bruh, that was a TEXTBOOK reach block.  When the lineman uses his feet to position his body outside the defender that CANT be holding.

(10-23-2022, 08:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Still don't understand how they marked this short. Especially when the official is literally 5 yards away from the play... Pathetic. No clue why Doug didn't challenge it.

True, but u had one corner against fortner and kirk.  They should have blown pst him!
(10-23-2022, 09:22 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]How about our center getting called for illegal player down the field.... The announcers were like I didn't see it...so I rewound the play... he was literally blocking at the line of scrimmage the whole time.... Never moved more than one yard up the field.... and got called on a penalty for being downfield

The play that they called Fortner on Illegal player down field was a quick slant. He didn't even have time to get down field because the ball was out fast. It was just another one of many bogus calls. Took away a nice chunk play from Kirk if I remember correct.

(10-23-2022, 09:25 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2022, 08:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]The call against Cam was horrible as well

Bruh, that was a TEXTBOOK reach block.  When the lineman uses his feet to position his body outside the defender that CANT be holding.

True, but u had one corner against fortner and kirk.  They should have blown pst him!

Oh Fortner definitely whiffed his block. Should of been a bigger gain.
(10-23-2022, 09:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

Sometimes they call the wrong number.  Was a different Olineman downfield?

I watched play over and over no defensive lineman was downfield

(10-23-2022, 09:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]

The play that they called Fortner on Illegal player down field was a quick slant. He didn't even have time to get down field because the ball was out fast. It was just another one of many bogus calls. Took away a nice chunk play from Kirk if I remember correct.

(10-23-2022, 09:25 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]Bruh, that was a TEXTBOOK reach block.  When the lineman uses his feet to position his body outside the defender that CANT be holding.

Exactly I was thinking the same thing That's why I rewind the play... It was a quick slant like one two three there wouldn't have even been time for an offensive player to get down the field..... I'm still furious over the referring in this game.... Still wanting to throw [BLEEP] at the wall.... But instead I just post and drink another beer lol

(10-23-2022, 09:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]

(10-23-2022, 09:25 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]Bruh, that was a TEXTBOOK reach block.  When the lineman uses his feet to position his body outside the defender that CANT be holding.

But it was still a first down regardless of a whiffed block
(10-23-2022, 10:02 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]How about this one lolol...
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1584280895896182785

Yep I was cursing at that one too... Right in front of the ref... Totally grabs his arm.... I mean the ref is literally watching the play and doesn't call it.... How do you miss it unless you're a [BLEEP] ref or you just don't give a [BLEEP].... There's no excuse
Seriously bad officiating. I know these ar subjective some but it sure seemed like the giants oline was holding someone on every other play then they called thst crap on Cam. I was a little hot.

(10-23-2022, 10:02 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]How about this one lolol...
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1584280895896182785

That was a friggin muggin.

Exactly thats twice on Doug on those now.  Neither one converted.
Mobsters: Good job, boys. Here. (Hands wads of cash)

Zebras: (stuffing their pockets with a smile)
(10-23-2022, 10:38 PM)Jagulars Wrote: [ -> ]Mobsters: Good job, boys. Here. (Hands wads of cash)

Zebras: (stuffing their pockets with a smile)

Exactly
Pages: 1 2 3 4