Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags - Loins week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
On the road this week against the 4-7 Lions, who were riding a nice 3 game win streak before narrowly losing to the Bills on Thanksgiving day.

As a team, they are pretty balanced on offense, with 16 rushing TD's and 17 passing
Jared Goff is throwing for 244 ypg, TD-INT is 15 -7, and a 92.8 QB rating for the year
Jaamal Williams is averaging 4.2 ypg with a total of 668 yds
Their offense scores 25 ppg, defense allows 28.2

After looking these up, i was a little suprised; my perception was that they were closer to 30 ppg on offense.  They've scored as high as 45 in a loss to the Seahags, and as low as 0 against the Patriots.

They are dead last in yards allowed on defense at 414 per game. 

While looking up the stats, I realized that we've had two franchise QB's in our history while the Loins have had.....Stafford.  Unless we go WAY back to Bobby Layne.  Scott Mitchell, Erik Kramer, Greg Landry, Eric Hipple, Charlie Batch, Gus Frerotte, Jeff Garcia, Andre Ware.....well, you get the picture.  

Let's hope we can carry over the momentum from the Ravens game into this one.

Feels like 27-24 Jags.
If you asked me a month or so ago i'd say this was a toss up, right now I feel like this is a W. 31-13
Beat the Loins!

Wait…
(11-29-2022, 02:40 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]If you asked me a month or so ago i'd say this was a toss up, right now I feel like this is a W. 31-13
Whoa. Lions are very much like the Jags in that they play everyone close.

I think it’ll be a tough game. Lions run the ball very well behind a very good OLine. They’re feisty.

Jags win 27-24.
Lions have more weapons that Ravens. Ravens had Jackson and Andrews to worry about. Goff is still a pretty good QB, Amon St Brown is a stud. Williams is very good. They have a pretty good WR named Chark as well that we may be familiar with.
Now the D stinks.... sure... but they beat the Packers, so if we make mistakes they can capitalize.

Jags win another close one imo. 30-27
(11-29-2022, 02:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Beat the Loins!

Wait…

I'm pretty sure last week was Loins week.

[Image: FimLvhyXgAAGj9q?format=jpg&name=900x900]
I'm not changing this thread title.
(11-29-2022, 02:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not changing this thread title.

Me either, though it probably was more appropriate for the Cincy game last year.
(11-29-2022, 02:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2022, 02:40 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]If you asked me a month or so ago i'd say this was a toss up, right now I feel like this is a W. 31-13
Whoa. Lions are very much like the Jags in that they play everyone close.

I think it’ll be a tough game. Lions run the ball very well behind a very good OLine. They’re feisty.

Jags win 27-24.

Very well could be, but idk the teams coming off a high right now and I feel like this might be the week they just dominate.
I don't like this game..
(11-29-2022, 03:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like this game..

Me either.

Any given Sunday.
I am drinking a bottomless curved horn of honeyed teal colored ale my friends. I don't give a [BLEEP].

Jaguars have their biggest win on the road since L.A this year. We score a TD on defense and special teams. Travon Walker forces a fumble for a TD. Agnew breaks a punt return late.

Jaguars - 42
Loins (Sorry D6) - 17
Would love some sacks
(11-29-2022, 04:10 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]Would love some sacks

That's what she said. Sacks and Loins.
St Brown vs Campbell should be fun.
Would love a win here. But I think our defense just won’t be able to keep up.

Lions 30, Jags 28
If Etienne is a go, we'll win by 2 scores. If he's not, we win by a FG.

I think Trevor is very confident, and the turf plays to our speed. I just cannot in any right mind think Jared Goff can beat us.

Of course, I've now doomed us to fail, certainly.
Jags 24
Lions 20

Campbell limits Sun God just enough, but Jamaal Williams and Swift find the endzone a few times. Defense holding them to FG's is the difference in the game.
We're going to win bigly.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Now i know what to have for dinner tomorrow. Tender loin.

Jags gonna feast on sunday.

30 - 17
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6