Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who Sits Out Vs. The Texans?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As frequently and as hard as Etienne gets hit I really feel like he should get a week off. Any player who has any marginal injury should sit as well (Fatukasi, Walker, Scherff, Taylor?). I just read an article that Vrabel is going to "alter" his normal preparation for the Titans game against Dallas, it's a no brainer for Doug to get the team as healthy as he can for week 18 as well. Yes, there's an outside chance for a wildcard but there's also a chance we can win even without all our starters considering how beat up Houston is too.
No one.
(12-24-2022, 11:46 PM)jax1drc Wrote: [ -> ]As frequently and as hard as Etienne gets hit I really feel like he should get a week off. Any player who has any marginal injury should sit as well (Fatukasi, Walker, Scherff, Taylor?). I just read an article that Vrabel is going to "alter" his normal preparation for the Titans game against Dallas, it's a no brainer for Doug to get the team as healthy as he can for week 18 as well. Yes, there's an outside chance for a wildcard but there's also a chance we can win even without all our starters considering how beat up Houston is too.

We need to win out my man, no one sits. We would need a scenario-tier miracle to get a 7th seed, so the goal is go 2-0 to finish out, period.
Trevor, etn, sherff, Taylor, oluoken, campbell, walker.
Only those with actual injuries worthy of keeping out. So maybe Walker and Foley again? Other then that, you play them all and look at it as if it's a playoff game. Keep the ball rolling.

I know the tacks are free falling, but that win isn't a guarantee and there's still a small window for the Wildcard if we lose that game. It's slim but you have to keep all options open. Gotta look at this game just like they have these past games and that's one week at a time.

The players kept saying "two more" after beating the Jets and that's how they need to stay focused. Gotta get two more and it starts with the tinhorns.
Smoot, Bartch, Cam, Griffin
Unless their injured, no one. You really want players to play a thursday, then skip two sundays and be rusty going into a regular season playoff game? cuz i dont.
I kinda wanna see Walker get back out there if his ankle is good.
Foley too.
I know we want guys fresh for tacks and possibly beyond.... but if they're healthy I want em playing.
Anyone truly injured should rest.
Definitely let the banged up players and questionables/game-day decision type injured players sit. But to be honest, we don't have much of that, as the injuries we've sustained the last 2 weeks have been season enders. Hot hand is the key. You play to win the game. CJB said it best, you don't these guys going 17 days without competitive football before the playoffs start in week 18.
(12-25-2022, 12:19 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]No one.

Straight to the point
Only if hurt Rest the guys who need to get back to 100% Keep rolling smash the Texans!
The eildcard is done. We can't get to 9 wins without beating TEN to win the division anyway. The chargers and dolphins are both sitting on 8 wins its three games eft to play. Both will get to 9 wins easily.
(12-25-2022, 12:41 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Only those with actual injuries worthy of keeping out. So maybe Walker and Foley again? Other then that, you play them all and look at it as if it's a playoff game. Keep the ball rolling.

I know the tacks are free falling, but that win isn't a guarantee and there's still a small window for the Wildcard if we lose that game. It's slim but you have to keep all options open. Gotta look at this game just like they have these past games and that's one week at a time.

The players kept saying "two more" after beating the Jets and that's how they need to stay focused. Gotta get two more and it starts with the tinhorns.

Agree with this. Hopefully the Jags will get a nice lead in the 2nd half and sit certain players at that point.
No one
Gotta play everyone that can help.

Unlikely to beat out phins or bolts for a wildcard spot - but as long as there is still a mathematical chance, you can't risk dropping a game by resting players.
I'll trust Pederson to make the right call.

For me, I'd play all those that are healthy. But there are a lot of guys that are not only banged up, but exhausted and you can tell. Sherff, for example, should be considered once of those guys. I'm not sure who else is on the list, but it's a lot easier to get a serious injury if you are completely exhausted and a little dinged. Those types of starters should be rested.

But I don't think you sit healthy players. Again, Pederson is smart enough to know who to start and who to rest.
(12-25-2022, 12:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Smoot, Bartch, Cam, Griffin

I still don't understand griffin. Did he sleep with a coaches wife or something? I know he has to be good enough to be a 4th cb lol is he still hurt?
(12-25-2022, 01:25 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2022, 12:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Smoot, Bartch, Cam, Griffin

I still don't understand griffin. Did he sleep with a coaches wife or something? I know he has to be good enough to be a 4th cb lol is he still hurt?

Griffin sucked in 2021 and sucked worse in 2022.

You don't know he has to be good enough to be on the depth chart, you just want it to be so. 

He is a liability that will likely be out of the league soon.
Is griffin back on the active roster ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4