Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Doug Pederson for Coach of the year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
It is only the third time since the 1970 merger a team has went from worst to first. This team was 2-6 at the half way point of the season.  This team has come together and won 5 straight ball games to clinch the Division.  I think he deserves it!
He deserves it. For sure.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
I agree. I doubt he gets it, because we are a small market, but he deserves it.
He better get it
I think he should win coach of the year too.
I'd put Doug second. The job dabol did with the giants would garner my first place vote. I think their roster is much worse than ours.
its a no brainer
He has my vote.

NH3...
Agree, I think/hope he should win it. However, there is legit competition for the award this year.

- Doug Pederson: from #1 overall pick to 9-8 AFCS division winner
- Brian Daboll: playoffs for a team with a terrible roster in a tough NFCE
- Dan Campbell: going from 1-6 to potentially 9-8 and getting in the playoffs
- Mike Tomlin: going from 2-6 to potentially 9-8 and getting in the playoffs with a rookie QB who missed time with concussions (and having to roll with Trubisky).

I think a lot still depends on what happens with Steelers and Lions games today. But, if they win and get in the playoffs, then Dan Campbell and Mike Tomlin are going to get very strong consideration from the voters.

I think this is interesting (pending Steelers and Lions potential victories today); all their teams finishing 9-8 after terrible starts to the season.

Jags 9-8 AFCS Winner
Lions 9-8 NFCN 2nd place
Steelers 9-8 AFCN 3rd place

Hoping Doug wins it, but gonna be tough
He should but he won’t.

It’ll likely go to Sirianni or Dabol.
(01-08-2023, 10:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]He should but he won’t.

It’ll likely go to Sirianni or Dabol.

Oh yeah I forgot about Sirianni, doh. Consideration there too.

Pederson
Daboll
Campbell
Sirianni
Tomlin

No particular order but all maybe getting votes
Ultimately, this award does not really mean anything. He is coach of the year to us. Now let’s win a playoff game and truly shock people.
Easy pick, for Coach of the year…
After last year with Urban? [BLEEP] yeah he should get it.

IMO we wouldn't have this record with Daboll (although he seems like he is/will be a good one) or Sirianni.
(01-08-2023, 10:57 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]After last year with Urban? [BLEEP] yeah he should get it.

IMO we wouldn't have this record with Daboll (although he seems like he is/will be a good one) or Sirianni.
He really should be Coach of the year and I don’t think it’s close.

But my guess is that they had their minds made up for Sirianni a few weeks ago.

But to win the division after last years absolute disaster?! It should be Pederson.
Doug Pederson should get coach of the year and when they make the announcement I want Rich Eisen presenting it to him and giving a well written speech about the difference he's made in comparison to the [BLEEP] show we had to stomach last year with Urban Miller.
(01-08-2023, 11:05 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/16120...yUo0IOwe6w

No one deserves it more than Shad!  He believed.  He invested.  He endured the learning curve.  He kept giving and giving.  This is a quality man!  Even in the face of doubt and mockery.  He kept being Shad.  So happy for him and for us!
(01-08-2023, 11:14 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2023, 11:05 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/16120...yUo0IOwe6w

No one deserves it more than Shad!  He believed.  He invested.  He endured the learning curve.  He kept giving and giving.  This is a quality man!  Even in the face of doubt and mockery.  He kept being Shad.  So happy for him and for us!

Hear, hear.

He took his lumps and made some bad decisions along the way, but he finally got it right and he never wavered from his commitment. 

Good stuff.
Khan stood his ground. Didn't cave into pressure. He deserves all the credit in the world. He made the right hire in Pederson. He made the right decision in keeping Baalke. Now, let's just keep this ride going. Make it count!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6