Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chiefs Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
i have found my way into the Chiefs Message Boards they seem like really nice people haha.

a couple guys are not feeling this game well afraid of Trevor and Doug. most of them think it will be a walk in the part, another bye week.

1 guy actually asked who our number 1 corner was i was talking about.  He didn't think we had one since Ramsey Left.

go jags I'm gonna be posting on there board all week.
Lots of good storylines this week:
  • Doug Pederson vs his mentor Andy Reid - Reid has won both prior matchups - does student become master? 
  • Kelce vs Jenkins/Herndon/Jags LBs  - be afraid
  • Mahomes (do I need to elaborate?)
  • Chris Jones vs Fortner, Shatley and a banged up Scherff - again - be concerned here and other chefs' DL guys rush well too
  • Jags scrap patrol defense - can this scrappy unit find away to force turnovers like they did in weeks 14-18?
  • Jags run game - would be nice to establish it early - chew clock - and take advantage of a team giving up 4.4 per carry early in case we must resort to more passing in a comeback effort later
  • Jags pass game - TL will be under pressure quickly most drop backs. Gotta ID the right guy quickly and get the ball out. They don't have the horses in secondary to cover all of our weapons, but they will pressure the QB. Should hit the short and intermediate stuff on second downs where they struggle this year in order to move chains. 
(01-16-2023, 02:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Lots of good storylines this week:
  • Doug Pederson vs his mentor Andy Reid - Reid has won both prior matchups - does student become master? 
  • Kelce vs Jenkins/Herndon/Jags LBs  - be afraid
  • Mahomes (do I need to elaborate?)
  • Chris Jones vs Fortner, Shatley and a banged up Scherff - again - be concerned here and other chefs' DL guys rush well too
  • Jags scrap patrol defense - can this scrappy unit find away to force turnovers like they did in weeks 14-18?
  • Jags run game - would be nice to establish it early - chew clock - and take advantage of a team giving up 4.4 per carry early in case we must resort to more passing in a comeback effort later
  • Jags pass game - TL will be under pressure quickly most drop backs. Gotta ID the right guy quickly and get the ball out. They don't have the horses in secondary to cover all of our weapons, but they will pressure the QB. Should hit the short and intermediate stuff on second downs where they struggle this year in order to move chains. 
Very excited to see Allen and Travon vs the Chiefs tackles.  They have been getting great pressure lately and that needs to continue.

Also gotta see these LBs and safeties limit Mahomes scrambling ability.

So pumped for this game.
If they actually call at least one penalty on the Chiefs, and don’t take any points off the board for us because of penalties, we’ll have a better chance than last time.
I would like to see formations and play designs that come out of left field a little bit. Throw some power I formations in there with Manhertz or Arnold in a FB lead blocking role. Twins TE formations, Pistol formation, designed runs for Lawrence. Find a way to get Agnew involved more outside of just special teams. Hasty has been quiet lately as well out of the backfield.

It's just time.
(01-16-2023, 03:05 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: [ -> ]If they actually call at least one penalty on the Chiefs, and don’t take any points off the board for us because of penalties, we’ll have a better chance than last time.

I hope the refs stay out of the game. Also, I like what what was stated above, I want to see walker and Allen go beast mode hopefully. It’s so exciting to see this next game Saturday. 

Go jags!
Its going to take score on special teams or defense to help us win.
Make sure the Chiefs don't have our playbook - or someone reading Doug's lips. Really felt like the Chargers knew what we were running for a while in the first half.

Blitz Mahomes and he shreds you. Don't blitz and he picks you apart... I dunno. Bend-don't-break, keep everything in front of you and don't allow any big plays? Make them earn every yard? Then it's possibly death by a thousand paper cuts - maybe he's not as good as Brady playing that way?
Offensively, start cleaner at least. We can score on these guys, but Jones is capable of blowing up the pocket from the inside at any time against anybody... Run the ball and throw short, high-percentage pass plays on early downs, and try to limit obvious long-yardage passing situations where they can pin their ears back. Take a shot over the top on occasion. If there is anything this team has taught us, it's that they can compete and have a chance against anybody.

Better not let these guys get a big lead on you though.
I cant ask for anything more
A jags game at 830am on a Sunday

How good
Do the chiefs rotate a lot of the defensive line like philly?

If they do going no huddle to prevent them getting rest could be strategy. Tough to do on the road though.
(01-16-2023, 03:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Its going to take score on special teams or defense to help us win.

You could well be right ... Hard to see us winning without at least one turnover, and the chiefs were -3 and 22nd in differential so we've got a chance. And I do think we will probably have learned a bit more from having played them already this year than they will. Be interesting to see who the last team to beat them without one was.

I wonder if the staff will get full funky with the defence. There must be a temptation to go full Belichick and sell out to stop Kelce. Might have to go full crazy with that, get someone out there with the size and speed to mirror him, and then give a safety permission to try and jump every route he runs, hell, we might have to think well outside the box ... Allen? Chaisson? Even Arnold?  Haha, ahhh, just as well I'm not the DC ... We'd be down by 24 after 10 minutes! Carry on Doug, I'll be on my own in the bleachers if you need me!!

Looking forward to it already.
After last Saturday night’s -5 in the turnover ratio, the football gods owe us a few this week.
i like this matchup how i liked the Chargers. more than Cin. but we need to play our game and not the crappy starts we have been. tale of the tapes outside of passing offense has been very similar. they are alot better in the Redzone though, although we have been better that last 9 weeks.

us coming off a 5 game streak and beat Balt, and now are two different teams.
(01-16-2023, 03:57 PM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure the Chiefs don't have our playbook - or someone reading Doug's lips.  Really felt like the Chargers knew what we were running for a while in the first half.

Blitz Mahomes and he shreds you.  Don't blitz and he picks you apart...  I dunno.  Bend-don't-break, keep everything in front of you and don't allow any big plays?  Make them earn every yard?  Then it's possibly death by a thousand paper cuts - maybe he's not as good as Brady playing that way?
Offensively, start cleaner at least.  We can score on these guys, but Jones is capable of blowing up the pocket from the inside at any time against anybody...  Run the ball and throw short, high-percentage pass plays on early downs, and try to limit obvious long-yardage passing situations where they can pin their ears back.  Take a shot over the top on occasion.  If there is anything this team has taught us, it's that they can compete and have a chance against anybody.

Sounds like I may need to rethink that...  After some reading, it appears the Chargers were jumping all the short routes and we didn't start coming back until we started going over the top.  So, screw it - bombs away on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down all night!
It's amazing to think back on this. 6 weeks ago yesterday we were getting our butts handed to us by the Lions. And watching Lawrence get his leg rolled up on the last play of the first half. If you told me at halftime of that game, we'd be here in this moment right now, I would never have believed it. Would have bet everything I owned we wouldn't be here now. But here we are!
For some reason it feels like Trevor plays better away…
Is it hard to ask for a fair share of love from the refs as well....not the bull crap one sided show we saw in the bolt's game
Need to watch film from the Colts win over the Chiefs. There’s ways to slow the Chiefs down
(01-16-2023, 05:46 PM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2023, 03:57 PM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure the Chiefs don't have our playbook - or someone reading Doug's lips.  Really felt like the Chargers knew what we were running for a while in the first half.

Blitz Mahomes and he shreds you.  Don't blitz and he picks you apart...  I dunno.  Bend-don't-break, keep everything in front of you and don't allow any big plays?  Make them earn every yard?  Then it's possibly death by a thousand paper cuts - maybe he's not as good as Brady playing that way?
Offensively, start cleaner at least.  We can score on these guys, but Jones is capable of blowing up the pocket from the inside at any time against anybody...  Run the ball and throw short, high-percentage pass plays on early downs, and try to limit obvious long-yardage passing situations where they can pin their ears back.  Take a shot over the top on occasion.  If there is anything this team has taught us, it's that they can compete and have a chance against anybody.

Sounds like I may need to rethink that...  After some reading, it appears the Chargers were jumping all the short routes and we didn't start coming back until we started going over the top.  So, Eff it - bombs away on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down all night!

a.  Please edit your f-bomb reference so as not to incur a warning for profanity filter avoidance

b. They can't just  go "bombs away" or they'l get TL killed, but they can take shots judiciously when they get the looks they want.
This is the match I wanted to see. I want to see how this team stands against the Chiefs the second time around.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9