Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Florio and Simms are All In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
MORE
MOAR
MOUR
Let’s put the product on the field this year. Well, I’m very pumped, but I’m very scarred by past jags teams, who went to the playoffs and then immediately crumbled. I do think we have the foundation in place for it to be different this time.
OL
NB
DL and Edge rotation

Those are my concerns. Not QB, Not WR, Not TE, Not scheme, Not play calling

It's refreshing to be in a position where just a few missing pieces seem necessary in order to be well positioned for a division title.

There are dozens of ways it might all go wrong, but we are in a good spot currently.

And, [BLEEP] Chris Simms.
He missed the boat.
Like Jay Cutler, I dooooooooooooooooooooon't caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare. If it took the media this long to figure that we've got the team, they missed the boat. I don't need them to be "all in" for me to know where we stand, or to know that they're just jumping on the bandwagon to get them clickthroughs. Play to your audience, ya know?

Don't forget Simms was one of those that wanted Wilson over TLaw. Not sure how he got CTE without ever seeing the field, but there ya go.
(04-07-2023, 07:44 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]Like Jay Cutler, I dooooooooooooooooooooon't caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare. If it took the media this long to figure that we've got the team, they missed the boat. I don't need them to be "all in" for me to know where we stand, or to know that they're just jumping on the bandwagon to get them clickthroughs. Play to your audience, ya know?

Don't forget Simms was one of those that wanted Wilson over TLaw. Not sure how he got CTE without ever seeing the field, but there ya go.

His helmet was on too tight.
Oh Simms took a monster shot to that dome in Tampa, one almost as bad as the one from Burfect that nuked Antonio Btown. He wasn't the same after either.
Simms lost me as a fan when he road zach wilsons hype train like he was the second coming.

I had my doubts about Lawrence but i still cant believe anyone thought ZW was an nfl player
(04-10-2023, 12:33 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Simms lost me as a fan when he road zach wilsons hype train like he was the second coming.

I had my doubts about Lawrence but i still cant believe anyone thought ZW was an nfl player

Wilson has all the tools physically. He just needs to mature. Going to NY was the worst thing that could have happened to him.
(04-10-2023, 12:36 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2023, 12:33 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Simms lost me as a fan when he road zach wilsons hype train like he was the second coming.

Wilson has all the tools physically. He just needs to mature. Going to NY was the worst thing that could have happened to him.

A lot of guys have the “tools”, means nothing when you arent good at football.
(04-12-2023, 05:47 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2023, 12:36 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]Wilson has all the tools physically. He just needs to mature. Going to NY was the worst thing that could have happened to him.

A lot of guys have the “tools”, means nothing when you arent good at football.

He's good at football. He just has to improve his mental game. That's by far his biggest struggle.
(04-12-2023, 07:33 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2023, 05:47 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of guys have the “tools”, means nothing when you arent good at football.

He's good at football. He just has to improve his mental game. That's by far his biggest struggle.

The jets are qb destroyers, or they pick bad qbs.

I still get an immense amount of satisfaction out of the whoop [BLEEP] we put on them last year after the previous season when Zach Wilson acted all smug after he peeled off the long run down the sideline and the Jets beat us like everyone else was beating us. A year later he gets benched during the game while Trevor looked like the emerging pro he is. Suck it, Zach.
I don’t get the sense that Zach will gain the mental toughness needed before his opportunity expires.
Who cares what the media thinks? It’s about the facts on the field.

(04-12-2023, 11:13 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t get the sense that Zach will gain the mental toughness needed before his opportunity expires.

He needs the perfect coach and team for a chance. Guru
(04-12-2023, 11:46 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Who cares what the media thinks? It’s about the facts on the field.

(04-12-2023, 11:13 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t get the sense that Zach will gain the mental toughness needed before his opportunity expires.

He reminds me of Jimmy Clausen, the QB bust from Notre Dame that the Panthers drafted way back when. Wilson and Clausen both have the same kind of high school kid face. Wilson's smugness is on par with Josh Rosen's, former Cardinals QB bust from UCLA. I predict Wilson will have the same career as those two. Reclamation project/3rd stringer for a few years and then out of the league.
(04-13-2023, 12:11 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2023, 11:46 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Who cares what the media thinks? It’s about the facts on the field.

He reminds me of Jimmy Clausen, the QB bust from Notre Dame that the Panthers drafted way back when. Wilson and Clausen both have the same kind of high school kid face. Wilson's smugness is on par with Josh Rosen's, former Cardinals QB bust from UCLA. I predict Wilson will have the same career as those two. Reclamation project/3rd stringer for a few years and then out of the league.

Clausen was drafted outside of RD1 though. Where he belonged. Never understood the hype nor comparison to Mahomes with Wilson coming out of BYU. Doesn't have the brains to boot. New York is a brutal market to play for. Best case scenario for him would be getting traded on draft day or weekend.
(04-13-2023, 12:11 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]

Fields was always the 2nd best QB in that draft class. Crazy that he was the 4th QB taken.
Pages: 1 2 3