Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who we taking at 24? Make your final prediction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Don't have much of an idea this year, but from the various players I've seen mocked to us I think I like Joey Porter Jr the most. So i'll go with that.

edit: Just saw that Cam Robinson may be suspended to start the year, dunno how much that changes things here but certainly could see us taking a tackle if that's the case.
It depends on who is available but I will go with Branch or Torrence
(04-27-2023, 12:18 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]It depends on who is available but I will go with Branch or Torrence

I do like Branch as well, haven't watched much of anything for O line this year.

Wonder what the severity of the Cam Robinson situation is. That really sucks, I figured we'd probably be looking for a tackle later on in the draft but I guess it might be a more pressing issue now.
Just reading about this Cam news..
(04-27-2023, 12:22 AM)TownCenterJag Wrote: [ -> ]Just reading about this Cam news..

Yeah same, just saw that posted in another thread. Really sucks I hope we don't go reaching for an average tackle now at 24 rather than the guy they would have wanted prior to this happening.
(04-27-2023, 12:20 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2023, 12:18 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]It depends on who is available but I will go with Branch or Torrence

I do like Branch as well, haven't watched much of anything for O line this year.

Wonder what the severity of the Cam Robinson situation is. That really sucks, I figured we'd probably be looking for a tackle later on in the draft but I guess it might be a more pressing issue now.

Torrence is probably the best pure OG in the draft. He is a monster.
(04-27-2023, 12:27 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2023, 12:20 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I do like Branch as well, haven't watched much of anything for O line this year.

Torrence is probably the best pure OG in the draft. He is a monster.

If that's the case, I wouldn't be mad. I think OG/DB is where i'd go if I was picking.
We trade down to the top of the 2nd and trade with a team that wants to be able to give Hendon Hooker the 5th year option. We pickup their first next year  Big Grin
Cam doesn’t change our plans. We have Little at LT and we draft an RT in 2-4th rounds.

We get lucky and Nolan Smith falls

(But Brian Branch is my gut)
(04-27-2023, 01:05 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]We trade down to the top of the 2nd and trade with a team that wants to be able to give Hendon Hooker the 5th year option. We pickup their first next year  Big Grin

Wouldn't be mad.

(04-27-2023, 01:36 AM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Cam doesn’t change our plans. We have Little at LT and we draft an RT in 2-4th rounds.

We get lucky and Nolan Smith falls

(But Brian Branch is my gut)

God this is probably the first draft since 2010 or before that I don't even recognize the names of most of the prospects lol. Gonna be a weird one to watch.
I dreamt the other night we took branch

I also then proceeded to fall off a cliff so who knows
Looking like Wright is the obvious pick now if he’s there….
With the cam news, I take ocyrus torrence plug him at right tackle during cams suspension then stick him at guard when cams back, I then make the trade for budda baker and then see how the rest of the draft falls
(04-27-2023, 03:21 AM)Ordar Wrote: [ -> ]Looking like Wright is the obvious pick now if he’s there….

Agreed but doubt he’s available.

Just can’t fix six areas in one draft
Torrence

If we do go tackle at 24 Dawand Jones please. He was on my underrated list and I think he will be a monster at RT and day one starter.
(04-27-2023, 03:21 AM)Ordar Wrote: [ -> ]Looking like Wright is the obvious pick now if he’s there….

Dawand Jones >>>>> Wright
It’s jaguars Christmas. Draft day is finally here. Yesssssssss
I don't know how long Cam has been suspended, and I don't know what the Jags plan to do in his absence, but it seems like his suspension tilts the balance a little towards offensive line, so my final prediction is, Torrence.
Anton Harrison. Oklahoma.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
(04-27-2023, 06:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how long Cam has been suspended, and I don't know what the Jags plan to do in his absence, but it seems like his suspension tilts the balance a little towards offensive line, so my final prediction is, Torrence.
Makes sense. Let's draft a one dimensional LG with poor footwork to help off set the suspension of an overpaid and sloppy LT....

Little is our LT. If anything. We could relax tonight and look for a RT with the 56th pick tomorrow night. IF, IF they feel compelled to take a LT?

It would be Darnell Wright if he falls. Which is doubtful. Or, Anton Harrison, who is probably the 4th to 5th best LT left on the board around 930 - 1000 PM tonight.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5