Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is it worth trading up in 2nd round to pick either, porter, branch mayer or torrence?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i think with all the picks we just aquired it seems possible.
There is going to be a run on the TEs early I think. If we can trade midway into the 2nd for someone like Branch or Moore II would be good. If we stay put i wouldn’t mind Ringo. I would love Branch, would be great to trade a pair of 4ths and 7ths to move up.
I don't think we're going to bring home 12 picks. I expect them to move up, probably in rd 2.

Now, 4d chess would have them trading for future draft picks (a 4 this year for s 3 next year) but I digress.
I think we’ll need someone to fall a bit further, probably to around 40, then I fully expect a trade up for Branch, Meyer, Torrence. I think Porter will go to the Steelers with the first pick
Bugger it

Trade up to get Mr irrelevant

Lol
I just hipe we get a guard and a corner today
I consulted a random draft pick value chart, and according to the values on that chart, to move from 56 to 42 would require giving up all three 4th round picks we currently have.
I’d love to come out of tonight with a DB like Branch or Ringo and an inline TE like Washington. DB is the bigger need. But I think a TE that can help block but also has legit hands would be the cherry on top of the offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Currently our position of need on defense is the PR and or DT. We're good at the DB and safety positions. On offense we could use an TE or an Guard while we continue to fill out the roster w/players to eventually make our roster better.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
My thoughts are the same today as last night:

(04-27-2023, 11:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2023, 11:49 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]Jags currently have 12 picks left.

I don't think we can get up high enough to get Porter, Branch, Mayer, or Felix. I'd look for a move up around 10 spots and look at Avila, Torrence, Washington, Keion, Tyrique Stevenson or DJ Turner.
They either make a big splash early tonight and come up for a player like Cam Smith at CB or Brian Branch at S/CB or they sit tight and trust their board and start addressing the DE position or double down on the Offensive Line at 56.
(04-28-2023, 07:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]They either make a big splash early tonight and come up for a player like Cam Smith at CB or Brian Branch at S/CB or they sit tight and trust their board and start addressing the DE position or double down on the Offensive Line at 56.

Trade up into the 40s if someone truly valuable falls, like Torrence or Cam Smith, who could both help the team this year. Try not to give up all three 4th rounders unless #56 can be salvaged. Would be nice to have two 2nd rounders to grab one offense and one defense. I'd take Torrence and Foskey -- continue the big ugly theme.
(04-28-2023, 07:08 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]My thoughts are the same today as last night:

(04-27-2023, 11:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think we can get up high enough to get Porter, Branch, Mayer, or Felix. I'd look for a move up around 10 spots and look at Avila, Torrence, Washington, Keion, Tyrique Stevenson or DJ Turner.
I think you can throw Hall in that mix but I’m with you.

Baalke ready to ride today!
(04-28-2023, 07:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2023, 07:08 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]My thoughts are the same today as last night:
I think you can throw Hall in that mix but I’m with you.

Baalke ready to ride today!

Yes, there's a bunch of like talent in the 2nd and 3rd this year.
(04-28-2023, 03:30 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I just hipe we get a guard and a corner today

Yes and yes
(04-28-2023, 06:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I consulted a random draft pick value chart, and according to the values on that chart, to move from 56 to 42 would require giving up all three 4th round picks we currently have.

We have 4 4ths
There are 10 players I would trade up for that I think could help us tremendously
Tonight is gonna be interesting as heck. Between all the 4ths we have, we can def make some noise to slide up and grab an additional 2-3 starters tonight at CB/DE/TE/interior OL.
(04-28-2023, 10:43 AM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2023, 06:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I consulted a random draft pick value chart, and according to the values on that chart, to move from 56 to 42 would require giving up all three 4th round picks we currently have.

We have 4 4ths

I only see 3 4ths.  #121, 127, and 130.
(04-28-2023, 01:59 AM)HERO OF THE DAY Wrote: [ -> ]i think with all the picks we just aquired it seems possible.

Don't know if trading up will be worth it.

We don't know who the player is.

W don't know the position he plays or how deep it is in the draft,

We don't know how in demand that pick is (i.e. are there other teams interested in moving into that spot).

We don't know at what position we would ultimately take him and where it is relative to where we were originally picking,

We don't know how good the team we deal with is at trade negotiation or how good the relationship with Baalke/the Jaguars or their willingness to move down. 

We don't know what te targeted player will do.

That said, we should be willing to move up under the right circumstances for the right player.

We should not be afraid to move up to get the guy we want/need.  We just gotta hit on the pick.
Pages: 1 2 3