Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Clowney visiting the jags!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Wouldn't this be a great signing.  

https://nfltraderumors.co/jaguars-meetin...n-clowney/
Not sure he vibes with the culture the Jags are setting but he’s a MASSIVE upgrade over Chaisson.
(08-13-2023, 04:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure he vibes with the culture the Jags are setting but he’s a MASSIVE upgrade over Chaisson.

Yea, for like the 4 total games he plays before he gets injured.
He's not the best pass rusher but will be an upgrade to our 2nd string and he's a beast against the run. This coaching staff will get the most out of him. Man I hope this happens. Might be out missing piece
I am not a Clowney fan for the Jags. The Ravens made him an offer that I hope is richer than one the Jags may offer.
I wonder if this visit has anything to do with yesterday's performance from our pass rushers? Clowney and Ingram appear to be the only veteran free agent pass rushers still available after several other vets have recently signed deals (Ngakoue, Houston and Quinn being the last 3). I would prefer Ingram on a one year deal over Clowney.
(08-13-2023, 06:44 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if this visit has anything to do with yesterday's performance from our pass rushers? Clowney and Ingram appear to be the only veteran free agent pass rushers still available after several other vets have recently signed deals (Ngakoue, Houston and Quinn being the last 3). I would prefer Ingram on a one year deal over Clowney.

Ingram is definitely better.
Clowney completely underwhelmes me.
9 sacks in 2021 but 2 last season.

I would rather have signed Yan or Houston but what can you do.

I just know that the Jags can’t go into next season with Chaisson as the 3rd pass rusher. Clowney as a part time rusher may help him.
(08-13-2023, 06:44 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if this visit has anything to do with yesterday's performance from our pass rushers? Clowney and Ingram appear to be the only veteran free agent pass rushers still available after several other vets have recently signed deals (Ngakoue, Houston and Quinn being the last 3). I would prefer Ingram on a one year deal over Clowney.

It's almost like everybody outside the building was screaming to sign a Pass Rusher for weeks because the depth behind Allen and Walker was little to none. Now they got their first live look and are likely scrambling because they sat on their hands while the remaining FA Pass Rushers signed elsewhere.

Their best remaining options are basically Clowney, Ingram and Carlos Dunlap.
(08-13-2023, 07:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]

It's almost like everybody outside the building was screaming to sign a Pass Rusher for weeks because the depth behind Allen and Walker was little to none. Now they got their first live look and are likely scrambling because they sat on their hands while the remaining FA Pass Rushers signed elsewhere.

I think Ingram may be cooked so I’m leaning Clowney and Dunlap. I think Dunlap is my top choice.
(08-13-2023, 07:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2023, 07:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]It's almost like everybody outside the building was screaming to sign a Pass Rusher for weeks because the depth behind Allen and Walker was little to none. Now they got their first live look and are likely scrambling because they sat on their hands while the remaining FA Pass Rushers signed elsewhere.

I think Ingram may be cooked so I’m leaning Clowney and Dunlap. I think Dunlap is my top choice.

I just checked and Robert Quinn is still a FA, but I think he's cooked as well. Hell of a career though.
I'm not a Clowney fan since he came into the NFL. Freakishly good in college but it didn't translate, and Houston's rush was only good because of Watt and Mercilus, Mario Williams, etc.. However, any of the available guys would be an upgrade in the rotation compared to someone like Chaisson.. who gives you nothing in production.
Clowney would be a fantastic addition for the Jags.
(08-13-2023, 07:55 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not a Clowney fan since he came into the NFL.  Freakishly good in college but it didn't translate,  and Houston's rush was only good because of Watt and Mercilus, Mario Williams, etc..  However,  any of the available guys would be an upgrade in the rotation compared to someone like Chaisson.. who gives you nothing in production.

The guy has been so overrated since he came into the league and has never cracked double figures in sacks.  Given that and his injury history I don’t understand the excitement.  Blah.

This makes no sense.
I'm glad we got Smoot back, that's about all I can say at this point. Losing Arden Key is a slight blow, but we just need another rotational guy that can make one impact play once in a while and that's it. It could be late in a game on a 3rd down to force a bad throw or a random sack that pins them back.
Vet min, as a replacement for Chaisson on the bench.. he's not good, he's really never been good in the NFL.

I'd go a step further and say that not only do we need depth, but we need to look for potential starters aswell. I've obviously not given up on Walker I still think he can be good and same goes for Allen, but as of right now I don't think anyone playing us looks at either of them and freaks out about it. 

But yeah, we need depth because Chaisson and his 3 sacks since 2020 just isn't doin it.
(08-13-2023, 07:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]9 sacks in 2021 but 2 last season.

I would rather have signed Yan or Houston but what can you do.

I just know that the Jags can’t go into next season with Chaisson as the 3rd pass rusher. Clowney as a part time rusher may help him.

Agree all the way.
Pages: 1 2 3 4