Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Steve Scalise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good choice.  Hopefully, he can cross the finish line.

Another loss for a Trump-backed candidate.
McCarthy 2.0

Horrible choice..
More disarray in the GOP. They are so divided.
(10-11-2023, 04:03 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]More disarray in the GOP.  They are so divided.

Maybe because we're tired of RINO scum..
What makes you call Scalise a Rino? I've always known him to be a strong conservative Im not aware of anything about him?
(10-11-2023, 05:32 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]What makes you call Scalise a Rino? I've always known him to be a strong conservative Im not aware of anything about him?

He votes like a democrat..

[Image: 20231011-173414.jpg]

Get ready to fully fund 2 wars that The United States has no business being in..
And I'm sure Google and Facebook will pay him well..
Getting nominated for Speaker doesn't make him Speaker. He still has to get elected, and that requires a majority, and several Republicans have already said they are not going to vote for him.
I've usually liked what I see from Scalise.
I am amazed that he's out of that wheelchair. Inspiring.
(10-11-2023, 05:55 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I've usually liked what I see from Scalise.
I am amazed that he's out of that wheelchair.  Inspiring.

He’s currently fighting blood cancer.
(10-11-2023, 05:32 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]What makes you call Scalise a Rino? I've always known him to be a strong conservative Im not aware of anything about him?
He claimed to be, then got shot and took the money. Anyone at the top of the republican side is a RINO. They won't let anyone with a backbone get too much power and start causing them problems. The RINOs like to yell, send strongly worded letters, and fund raise from a position of weakness. They hate actually having power to change anything because we the people actually expect them to do what they said they would.

The way the rules and committees are setup, it's all about controlling the members and keeping them in line. If you want to feel important with your committee spot, then you better do what they want. Getting rid of these committees that control what actually gets to the floor for votes would be a great step.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Unbelievable that it’s taking this long to choose a speaker. SMH
I'm still waiting for anyone to show me a vote or issue or position that makes him a RINO. I get it Trump backed Jordan but that doesn't make anyone not annointed by Trump a RINO.
(10-11-2023, 11:50 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
He claimed to be, then got shot and took the money. Anyone at the top of the republican side is a RINO. They won't let anyone with a backbone get too much power and start causing them problems. The RINOs like to yell, send strongly worded letters, and fund raise from a position of weakness. They hate actually having power to change anything because we the people actually expect them to do what they said they would.

The way the rules and committees are setup, it's all about controlling the members and keeping them in line. If you want to feel important with your committee spot, then you better do what they want. Getting rid of these committees that control what actually gets to the floor for votes would be a great step.

The simpler explanation is the Republicans you like make promises that you like but they know those promises will be bad for the country so they don't follow through.  You're the mark in their game.
(10-11-2023, 11:50 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]

Just remember, the people that you refer to Republicans with a backbone (Gaetz, Boebert) are equivalent to our far left liberals (AOC, Omar).    Are these the people you really want to lead our country?  At least on the Dem side, they're wise enough to work together in reasonable unity whereas the GOP can't seem to unify on any topics.  How the heck can the GOP lead and unify our country if they can't even lead and unify themselves?
We're in this situation right now because of democrat leadership, put in place by democrat voters..

Democrats should have ZERO say in the direction we go now..
(10-12-2023, 09:21 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2023, 11:50 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]He claimed to be, then got shot and took the money. Anyone at the top of the republican side is a RINO. They won't let anyone with a backbone get too much power and start causing them problems. The RINOs like to yell, send strongly worded letters, and fund raise from a position of weakness. They hate actually having power to change anything because we the people actually expect them to do what they said they would.

Just remember, the people that you refer to Republicans with a backbone (Gaetz, Boebert) are equivalent to our far left liberals (AOC, Omar).    Are these the people you really want to lead our country?  At least on the Dem side, they're wise enough to work together in reasonable unity whereas the GOP can't seem to unify on any topics.  How the heck can the GOP lead and unify our country if they can't even lead and unify themselves?

Regardless what you think of Gaetz, the fight for single issue bills is worth having. I don't know the aoc equivalent.
Steve Scalise expected to drop out of Speaker race and Jim Jordan is supposed to jump back in today..

Per Newsmax
Pages: 1 2 3