Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Peyton Thompson's big hit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone have a gif of it, And is he alright? Did he get a concussion?

He has been cleared. It was a nice shot- hit him square with the shoulder pads.

What play are you asking about?

Quote:He has been cleared. It was a nice shot- hit him square with the shoulder pads.
Are we talking about the one in the end zone that drew a flag or another?
Quote:Are we talking about the one in the end zone that drew a flag or another?

It was inside the 35 yard line IIRC. Clean hit, perfect form and he dislodged the ball from the receiver's grasp.
Quote:It was inside the 35 yard line IIRC. Clean hit, perfect form and he dislodged the ball from the receiver's grasp.
Remember which quarter? 
Quote:Remember which quarter? 

I don't. 2nd maybe?

It was a slant pass and PT met the receiver right as he got the ball. Met him violently; I could hear it from my couch.
It was the hit of the game. One fan called it the best hit since DD. I retorted with 'recency bias'. The hit that knocked even him, the agressor, out. NYC slipping. 02 is looking for a Deputy Commish. Rev up son, word up New York?
[quote name="MissJagsFanatic" post="792219" timestamp="1472063481"]

What play are you asking about?[/https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ]
Here ya' go guys and gals:

[Image: giphy.gif]

I was starting to convince myself that Jarrod Wilson would beat out Peyton Thompson for the backup FS spot, but that hit by Thompson gave me pause. I haven't changed my mind yet, but for the first time I'm looking at Peyton as a legit player. Still, I don't know that he could keep that up. That hit whooped him, and he did get a minor concussion.

Quote:I was starting to convince myself that Jarrod Wilson would beat out Peyton Thompson for the backup FS spot, but that hit by Thompson gave me pause. I haven't changed my mind yet, but for the first time I'm looking at Peyton as a legit player. Still, I don't know that he could keep that up. That hit whooped him, and he did get a minor concussion.

You might change your mind after the Bengals game.
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it is only a short matter of time before that hit will also be "illegal". Players will have a 2 yard buffer before they can be "hit" or "engaged".
Quote:Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it is only a short matter of time before that hit will also be "illegal". Players will have a 2 yard buffer before they can be "hit" or "engaged".

For now that hit is still legal, so I would not worry about it.
Quote:For now that hit is still legal, so I would not worry about it.

Thompson was flagged for unnecessary roughness on that play.
Quote:For now that hit is still legal, so I would not worry about it.

Very worried I am. The direction the NFL is headed will prevent any similar contact with a WR.
Quote:Here ya' go guys and gals:

[Image: giphy.gif]

That hit looked textbook. He hit him square in the target zone, wasn't too high, and didn't launch. What am I missing that the refs saw?
Quote:That hit looked textbook. He hit him square in the target zone, wasn't too high, and didn't launch. What am I missing that the refs saw?

Defenseless is the key word
Quote:Defenseless is the key word
This sport is slowly turning into a joke. You can't breath on a guy or you will get flagged. You could put that in a textbook on how to time and execute a perfect tackle.
Quote:Defenseless is the key word

Ahh. I forgot you're supposed to let him catch the ball, run beside him for 40 yards, and very carefully nudge him out of bounds.
Pages: 1 2 3