Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peyton Thompson's big hit

Anyone have a gif of it, And is he alright? Did he get a concussion?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He has been cleared. It was a nice shot- hit him square with the shoulder pads.

What play are you asking about?

Quote:He has been cleared. It was a nice shot- hit him square with the shoulder pads.
Are we talking about the one in the end zone that drew a flag or another?

Quote:Are we talking about the one in the end zone that drew a flag or another?

It was inside the 35 yard line IIRC. Clean hit, perfect form and he dislodged the ball from the receiver's grasp.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:It was inside the 35 yard line IIRC. Clean hit, perfect form and he dislodged the ball from the receiver's grasp.
Remember which quarter? 

Quote:Remember which quarter? 

I don't. 2nd maybe?

It was a slant pass and PT met the receiver right as he got the ball. Met him violently; I could hear it from my couch.

It was the hit of the game. One fan called it the best hit since DD. I retorted with 'recency bias'. The hit that knocked even him, the agressor, out. NYC slipping. 02 is looking for a Deputy Commish. Rev up son, word up New York?
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

[quote name="MissJagsFanatic" post="792219" timestamp="1472063481"]

What play are you asking about?[/https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ]

Here ya' go guys and gals:

[Image: giphy.gif]

I was starting to convince myself that Jarrod Wilson would beat out Peyton Thompson for the backup FS spot, but that hit by Thompson gave me pause. I haven't changed my mind yet, but for the first time I'm looking at Peyton as a legit player. Still, I don't know that he could keep that up. That hit whooped him, and he did get a minor concussion.

'02

Quote:I was starting to convince myself that Jarrod Wilson would beat out Peyton Thompson for the backup FS spot, but that hit by Thompson gave me pause. I haven't changed my mind yet, but for the first time I'm looking at Peyton as a legit player. Still, I don't know that he could keep that up. That hit whooped him, and he did get a minor concussion.

You might change your mind after the Bengals game.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it is only a short matter of time before that hit will also be "illegal". Players will have a 2 yard buffer before they can be "hit" or "engaged".

Quote:Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it is only a short matter of time before that hit will also be "illegal". Players will have a 2 yard buffer before they can be "hit" or "engaged".

For now that hit is still legal, so I would not worry about it.

Quote:For now that hit is still legal, so I would not worry about it.

Thompson was flagged for unnecessary roughness on that play.

Quote:For now that hit is still legal, so I would not worry about it.

Very worried I am. The direction the NFL is headed will prevent any similar contact with a WR.

Quote:Here ya' go guys and gals:

[Image: giphy.gif]

That hit looked textbook. He hit him square in the target zone, wasn't too high, and didn't launch. What am I missing that the refs saw?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:That hit looked textbook. He hit him square in the target zone, wasn't too high, and didn't launch. What am I missing that the refs saw?

Defenseless is the key word

Quote:Defenseless is the key word
This sport is slowly turning into a joke. You can't breath on a guy or you will get flagged. You could put that in a textbook on how to time and execute a perfect tackle.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Defenseless is the key word

Ahh. I forgot you're supposed to let him catch the ball, run beside him for 40 yards, and very carefully nudge him out of bounds.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."