Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump's New Immigration Plan: Continue to do what President Obama is doing...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
After spending a few days reflecting on his immigration stances and consulting with Hispanic supporters, Donald Trump on Monday detailed how he would deal with the millions of immigrants illegally living in the United States: Enforce laws that are already on the books and continue to do what President Obama is doing, although "perhaps with a lot more energy."

This strategy marks a sudden change for the Republican nominee, who has presented himself as a politically incorrect outsider who is not afraid to take extreme measures to combat illegal immigration, such as deporting 11 million people or constructing a massive wall along the Southern border. For more than a year, Trump insisted that all illegal immigrants "have got to go" and that he would create a "deportation force" to carry out the task.

Trump struck a starkly different tone during an interview with Bill O'Reilly that aired on Fox News on Monday night. Trump said he would separate the country's undocumented immigrants into two groups: The "bad ones" who would be kicked out of the country as soon as he takes office and "everybody else" who would go through the same process that the Obama Administration is currently using.

"The first thing we're going to do if and when I win is we're going to get rid of all of the bad ones," Trump said. "We've got gang members, we have killers, we have a lot of bad people that have to get out of this country. We're going to get them out, and the police know who they are. They're known by law enforcement who they are. We don't do anything. They go around killing people and hurting people, and they're going to be out of this country so fast your head will spin. We have existing laws that allow you to do that."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...re-energy/
Ha ha ha

Every single promise will be for not!
In other words, he will allow ICE to do their jobs and enforce the laws that Obama doesn't? I guess I am misunderstanding him. If he enforced existing law, every illegal is up for deportation. I am fine with that. The issue is that Obama's administration does not enforce the laws that exist. So if he says he will enforce existing laws, how is that continuing to do what Obama is doing? The media already tried to spin this a policy change a few days ago and got slapped down by Senator Sessions and other campaign staffers, and I certainly wouldn't trust any spin the media puts on his comments now. I guess I will have to wait for more clarification. I hope he doesn't flip-flop on amnesty as that was a huge selling point for him.

This isn't a flip flop.  When dealing with 11 million people there will always be a priority.  He said at the time he originally made his proposals that the first people he would focus on would be the worst of the worst, the criminals and gang leaders that pose a direct threat to the citizens of this country.  

Also, the biggest thing is border security.  As stated, the border wall is technically already a matter of federal law.  The thing that most people want to know is that this time when they send the bad person out of the country they will stay out of the country.  

He's going to build the wall and he is going to enforce immigration law.  That's why the border patrol Joe Airpaio and the like have endorsed him.  

The media is painting this as a flip flop because they were the ones who originally painted the caricature of Trump sending death squads knocking door to door trying to lock up you Abuala...  

Just goes to show Trump can say or do anything and people will stick up for him. Just acknowledge the flip flop and move on.
Quote:This isn't a flip flop.  When dealing with 11 million people there will always be a priority.  He said at the time he originally made his proposals that the first people he would focus on would be the worst of the worst, the criminals and gang leaders that pose a direct threat to the citizens of this country.  

Also, the biggest thing is border security.  As stated, the border wall is technically already a matter of federal law.  The thing that most people want to know is that this time when they send the bad person out of the country they will stay out of the country.  

He's going to build the wall and he is going to enforce immigration law.  That's why the border patrol Joe Airpaio and the like have endorsed him.  

The media is painting this as a flip flop because they were the ones who originally painted the caricature of Trump sending death squads knocking door to door trying to lock up you Abuala...  

that's right
Trump supporters more blind than the Tebow fanatics?
i've already stated that the illegals that the DNC politicized (young school children making a better life) can stay as long as we secure borders from cartel activity and smuggling.  Trump is simply aligning with what I've already said.  That isn't blind.  Now go put another shrimp on the barbie.

All he does is win!!!

Nobody even uses the word shrimp here. Its an American created phrase funnily enough.
Hmm ... Trump supporters already saying it's the media, not Donald. Not surprising, but ...

Some Trump supporters are going to feel they've been played for fools. Give the yahoos all the red meat they can handle and get the nomination. Now he has a campaign chairman, adviser, whatever, who finally, finally, gets through to Donald that you can't win with only angry white males voting for you. 

So now, as expected, Trump's moving toward the middle. Just another politician apparently. Probably too late. He's not going to get many minority voters, despite this latest "I'm really a nice guy, I really care for black and brown people, I'm not crazy" pivot. He's made an image that's going to be hard to shake.

And once people really look at his financials ... yikes.

Quote:i've already stated that the illegals that the DNC politicized (young school children making a better life) can stay as long as we secure borders from cartel activity and smuggling.  Trump is simply aligning with what I've already said.  That's isn't blind.  Now go put another shrimp on the barbie.

The hell with that, toss them out too. There's a legal door to use, come in that way.
Quote:Trump supporters more blind than the Tebow fanatics?

With Shrillary Lovers in first by a mile.
Quote:With Shrillary Lovers in first by a mile.

Does anyone actually like Hillary? Thought it was more of a best of 2 terrible options
Quote:Does anyone actually like Hillary? Thought it was more of a best of 2 terrible options

Oh dear, I wish that were so.
Quote:This isn't a flip flop.   

Are you kidding me.  Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio called him out on his deportation plan a year ago.  Unfortunately, the Republican population was too blind to understand the general election and so here we are today with Dumb beating Dumber 8%.    This could have been the easiest victory for the GOP in the history of elections had you given us Rubio, Kasich, Paul Ryan or especially Romney this year.

Quote:Trump supporters more blind than the Tebow fanatics?

Alot of crossover between the two
Quote:Are you kidding me.  Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio called him out on his deportation plan a year ago.

No, they called him out on the strawman that they claimed was Trump's deportation plan.

And I wouldn't cite Jeb! and Marco as exactly honest politicians.

These are the immigration policies on Trump's website that I signed on to. If they don't change, there is no issue.

Triple the number of ICE officers.

Nationwide e-verify.

Mandatory return of all criminal aliens.

Detention—not catch-and-release.

Defund sanctuary cities.

Enhanced penalties for overstaying a visa.

Cooperate with local gang task forces.

End birthright citizenship.

<strong>Immigration moderation.</strong>
Quote:These are the <a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/immigration-reform'>immigration policies</a> on Trump's website that I signed on to. If they don't change, there is no issue.

Triple the number of ICE officers.

Nationwide e-verify.

Mandatory return of all criminal aliens.

Detention—not catch-and-release.

Defund sanctuary cities.

Enhanced penalties for overstaying a visa.

Cooperate with local gang task forces.

End birthright citizenship.

<strong>Immigration moderation.</strong>

End birthright citizenship? Exactly how is that going to work? Where does the constitution bring in parental heritage?

I am also curious as to what states aren't using e-verify? Not sure that's a partisan idea.
Quote:End birthright citizenship? Exactly how is that going to work? Where does the constitution bring in parental heritage?

I am also curious as to what states aren't using e-verify? Not sure that's a partisan idea.

"The Immigration and Nationality Act defines Birthright Citizenship in the United States, but there is also a clause in the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. While the Supreme Court has interpreted the latter Birthright Citizenship clause as it applies to legal immigrants, it has never done so with regard to illegal aliens.

The United States and Canada are the only developed nations that grant automatic citizenship so expansively to children born within their borders. Anyone born in the United States is considered an American citizen regardless of whether the parents are U.S. citizens, legal residents, temporary visitors, or illegal aliens in the U.S. (Here is a more detailed country-by-country list of the status of national laws regarding birthright citizenship.) Automatic citizenship is granted according to federal statute, not the 14th Amendment, so critics of the policy argue that this could be reformed by changing or repealing the statute outright."

https://www.numbersusa.com/solutions/ref...itizenship
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5