Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Backup QB's...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Its demoralizing none of our backups can lead a scoring drive.. Its even more demoralizing when your proven veteran qb throws 2 picks against basically a rookie... Thats pathetic... Allen and Wittick werent any better.

It might be time to start looking at free agents... The lack of production from our backup QB's is a major concern heading into the season, lets hope the problems can be rectified..
At least we've got our starter, so it could be worse haha

I remember the days when we didn't even have a capable starter….

But yes, the main objective for this season is to keep Blake HEALTHY.

He goes down, so does our season.

Quote:At least we've got our starter, so it could be worse haha
I'm not going to be laughing if Bortles goes down.

You feel demoralized??? ...seems a bit extreme, different strokes and all that.
Quote:I remember the days when we didn't even have a capable starter….

But yes, the main objective for this season is to keep Blake HEALTHY.

He goes down, so does our season.

I think the same applies to 25 other teams around the league.
Our backups are bad, but so are the backups for almost every team. It's hard to find a good backup QB. There just aren't that many people that can play that position at a high level. People are getting overly upset over our backup QB situation when in reality it doesn't matter. If bortles goes down, the season is over regardless of our backup. We aren't going to find anyone that is magically a serviceable QB. But on almost all other teams it is the same situation; if their starter gets injured then they are done.
Quote:I think the same applies to 25 other teams around the league.
Yep, I'm just glad we're finally in a position with a WINNER leading our team.
[Image: hennelol2_medium_medium.gif]
I think the real purpose of a backup QB is to keep the team in contention if the starter goes down 4-6 weeks. Can Henne do that? I don't think so. Still, I'd be shocked if they brought someone in to genuinely compete with Henne.
Chad the Bad. I'm tired of seeing it. Can't wait until preseason is over and I don't have to watch him. And then we should all be praying that our O line can protect Bortles because we got nothing after that. I mean...we might as well put Denard in at QB and let him run wildcat or something. Nobody fits the bill if Bortles goes down. But I hear Henne is having a great training camp. Still looks like garbage during the game.
Where is the most recent "Dump Henne" topic in the forums? That thing should be bumped daily until he is gone.
Sign Vick

Quote:Sign Vick
agree
Quote:Sign Vick

I saw him play last year. I would pass.
Henne gets credited for helping make Blake better but apparently that doesn't involve anything that has to do with what's going on on the field. He was barely any better than Gabbert when he was there. Bouman was better than Henne. We're going to go the entire preseason without a backup QB leading a single scoring drive. 

Quote:Where is the most recent "Dump Henne" topic in the forums? That thing should be bumped daily until he is gone.
02 hasn't opened it yet. Give the man time.
I would go with Foles or Yates. I think that Oley would be able to work with one of them, because the current group ain't cutting it. 

Quote:I would go with Foles or Yates. I think that Oley would be able to work with one of them, because the current group ain't cutting it.

Foles is a Chief.
Fair thread. Legit concern. I don't know its extent, or if a remedy is within reach. But if I were Caldwell, I'd muse over this

Backups should be able to play against their ilk. Tampa's did, Jags', not so much. A QB should so promise, in the least, ours give small to no hope, in case of 'eniola'. Yoruba is sophisticated and diplomatic, in unrelated news. Go Jags
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6