Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Assassin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was excited to see Dante suit up for his first game for our Jaguars and I have to say I was a little disappointed in his debut. After weeks of being unstoppable in camp and the superstar headlines coming out of the scrimmage I was giddy when the Jets were just letting him work on their tackles without any help. Every rush was stymied at the point of attack. He blew up a running play although he missed the tackle. I am worried when prime time gets here he is the second coming of Andre Branch. Maybe our offensive line is just that poor.

First game in two years... Week 1 of the preseason...
He was going up against a pro bowl tackle in Ryan Clady. 

He was going up against a pro bowl tackle in Ryan Clady. 

Bust. They should probably just cut him.
Two years no football, coming off ACL, first NFL game ever, Panic. Yeah that makes total sense......................Not.

Why even wait? CUT HIM!!!
Quote:Why even wait? CUT HIM!!!

Yep

Bjorn Werner > Fowler

Welp
Keep in mind no game planning and yeah our oline in practice.

Go gata!!!!
I get where you're coming from about Fowler; after all the hype referring to him as 'assassin' and a 'beast' his debut seemed anti-climatic, to say the least. But let's keep this in perspective...

*In camp, he was going up against our offensive linemen which in itself isn't necessarily that awsome of an accomplisment.

*keep in mind this was 'in camp'.

*in the jets game, he was going up against an excellent tackle.

*it was just a pre-season game.

*it was the first near real speed game he's played in two years!

Will he be an Andre Branch clone? We hope not, but we don't 'know' yet and won't 'know' until it's show time. Until then, lets give him the benefit of the doubt before we start thinking that he's all 'show' and no 'go'.

And hear it here first-- Ramsey will have no interceptions against the Bucs! Caldwell is a clown!
[Image: 200.gif]

he got wrecked

even the RB ran over him

Quote:I get where you're coming from about Fowler; after all the hype referring to him as 'assassin' and a 'beast' his debut seemed anti-climatic, to say the least. But let's keep this in perspective...

*In camp, he was going up against our offensive linemen which in itself isn't necessarily that awsome of an accomplisment.

*keep in mind this was 'in camp'.

*in the jets game, he was going up against an excellent tackle.

*it was just a pre-season game.

*it was the first near real speed game he's played in two years!

Will he be an Andre Branch clone? We hope not, but we don't 'know' yet and won't 'know' until it's show time. Until then, lets give him the benefit of the doubt before we start thinking that he's all 'show' and no 'go'.

I'm done giving anything. Evidence is required.
You and I were watching a different game.
I expected "the assassin" to have been Jack or Yannick's nickname.

Doesn't fit Fowler.  Not yet.

He helped create "some" pressure, but didn't get home.

Yannick did.

When Dante slows down his own brain - he'll be fine. That will come.

He's just a little overwhelmed and not focused.

I bet he shows up big sooner than later.
Quote:[Image: 200.gif]

This.

Guus and gals. Seriously. Think about it. It's pre-season. His first time on the field in a game setting in what, almost 2 years?
Quote:I was excited to see Dante suit up for his first game for our Jaguars and I have to say I was a little disappointed in his debut. After weeks of being unstoppable in camp and the superstar headlines coming out of the scrimmage I was giddy when the Jets were just letting him work on their tackles without any help. Every rush was stymied at the point of attack. He blew up a running play although he missed the tackle. I am worried when prime time gets here he is the second coming of Andre Branch. Maybe our offensive line is just that poor.
That is an insult to Danta, I never like branch on draft day. To even compare the two after one preseason game is ridiculous. 
Pages: 1 2 3