Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Unlawful gun owners commit 80 percent of gun crimes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Unlawful gun owners commit 80 percent of gun crimes
The findings were published in the Washington Post. (And pretty much nowhere else.)

Lawful gun owners accounted for just 18 percent of gun violence, according to a recent study conducted by researchers at the University of Pittsburgh.

Researchers analyzed 762 cases in which a gun was recovered by the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Firearm Tracking Unit (FTU).

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/...gun-crimes

New evidence confirms what gun rights advocates have said for a long time about crime
If [BLEEP] Obummer or Hillaface had their way, we'd all be unarmed except for the criminals.
Quote:If [BLEEP] Obummer or Hillaface had their way, we'd all be unarmed except for the criminals.

You calling them "[BLEEP]". Irony.

Good one.
Quote:You calling them "[BLEEP]". Irony.

Good one.

Sorry if I offended your kind..
Quote:Sorry if I offended your kind..

Offended? Not at all. I love unintentional comedy.
Quote:Offended? Not at all. I love unintentional comedy.

That's awesome, Corky..
Quote:Unlawful gun owners commit 80 percent of gun crimes

The findings were published in the Washington Post. (And pretty much nowhere else.)

Lawful gun owners accounted for just 18 percent of gun violence, according to a recent study conducted by researchers at the University of Pittsburgh.

Researchers analyzed 762 cases in which a gun was recovered by the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Firearm Tracking Unit (FTU).

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/...gun-crimes

New evidence confirms what gun rights advocates have said for a long time about crime

So in order to decrease gun violence, let's make it harder for lawful abiding gun owners!
Quote:So in order to decrease gun violence, let's make it harder for lawful abiding gun owners!

Well obviously. How else do you do it?
Quote:So in order to decrease gun violence, let's make it harder for lawful abiding gun owners!

Even better, do nothing to make it harder for criminals to get guns!
Quote:Well obviously. How else do you do it?

Perhaps address the gun owners that don't follow the law?  I can tell you right now, my guns will never be taken away by my government, and they know most of what I own.
Quote:Even better, do nothing to make it harder for criminals to get guns!

So how do we make it harder for criminals to get guns?
Quote:Perhaps address the gun owners that don't follow the law?  I can tell you right now, my guns will never be taken away by my government, and they know most of what I own.

The point is less gun owners will equal less gun violence. What exactly are you scared of? Or do you just like playing with your toys?
If a responsible gun owner lets his gun fall into the hands of an irresponsible gun owner, is he still a responsible gun owner?

Quote:Perhaps address the gun owners that don't follow the law?  I can tell you right now, my guns will never be taken away by my government, and they know most of what I own.

I've seen no movement to take guns from lawful, responsible owners.
Quote:I've seen no movement to take guns from lawful, responsible owners.

What are you kidding me? Obama has been taking our guns for the last 7 years. There are no guns left because Barry has taken them all.
Quote:The point is less gun owners will equal less gun violence. What exactly are you scared of? Or do you just like playing with your toys?

Why yes, I do enjoy playing with my "toys".  Your logic regarding gun owners doesn't make sense.  So because a small percentage of lawful gun owners commit a smaller percentage of gun crimes, we should just (try) to take away all guns?  I can tell you right now that with me it "aint happening".  I have Our Constitution that backs me up.

If Government ever tries to disarm citizens, that's when citizens need to utilize their Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.  It is our right to overthrow the Government under the Declaration of Independence.  Specifically.

Quote: 

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

I have several weapons that I enjoy, use lawfully and own legally.  I'm teaching my grandson how to use these firearms in a responsible way.  Government has no legitimate reason to try and take my "toys" away.

If they (government) try to legislate and/or take away my firearms, they'll have to do so over my dead body.
Quote:If a responsible gun owner lets his gun fall into the hands of an irresponsible gun owner, is he still a responsible gun owner?

That all depends.  Burglary comes to mind as to how a gun could fall into an irresponsible gun owner's hands.  What exactly are you getting at?
Quote:What are you kidding me? Obama has been taking our guns for the last 7 years. There are no guns left because Barry has taken them all.

Darn. I heard he gave them all to welfare mothers. Worst president ever.
Quote:Darn. I heard he gave them all to welfare mothers. Worst president ever.

In jest you end up speaking the truth.  Minorities and women are the fastest-growing segments of the gun culture.
Quote:Well obviously. How else do you do it?

Auto death penalty for crimes committed with a firearm. Banishment to Australia for all other violent crimes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4