Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: It's Been A Long Time Coming-Jimmy Smith to the Pride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yay!! This makes me happy!!
So awesome. Well, well deserved. 

Very cool....he was so happy last year to be back in that stadium.

Good deal. Also good to see that he appears to have turned his life around.

Hopefully this means his life has stabilized and he has conquered his substance dependence.  If induction in the Pride were merely a reflection of on field accomplishments, he would have been in long ago.

I definitely want to be there for that one.

He was such a fantastic player for so long.
Big ups Jimmy .
He was anan amazing player. Glad to hear the news
I can't believe there's no highlights of him on you tube
Much deserved with this!

GO JAGS!!

OK -- SOME GOOF IS GOING TO COME ON THIS THREAD AND STATE THAT KEENAN SHOULD BE IN THE PRIDE OF THE JAGUARS TOO.

HERE'S THE DEAL --- KEENAN PLAYED 6 YEARS HERE AN HAD ~ 6,000 YARDS

CONVERSELY, JIMMY PLAYED 11 YEARS HERE AN HAD OVER 12,000 YARDS

KEENAN LEFT AND GOT HIS SUPER BOWL RING.  JIMMY STAYED AND GOT IN THE PRIDE OF THE JAGUARS

WE'RE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF HONORING THE ACHIEVEMENTS PLAYERS OBTAINED ON OTHER TEAMS.

Well deserved. Maybe one day he'll get into the Hall of Fame as well. If Andre Reed can get in, then so can Jimmy. They had nearly identical stats.
Great about time

Quote:OK -- SOME GOOF IS GOING TO COME ON THIS THREAD AND STATE THAT KEENAN SHOULD BE IN THE PRIDE OF THE JAGUARS TOO.

HERE'S THE DEAL --- KEENAN PLAYED 6 YEARS HERE AN HAD ~ 6,000 YARDS

CONVERSELY, JIMMY PLAYED 11 YEARS HERE AN HAD OVER 12,000 YARDS

KEENAN LEFT AND GOT HIS SUPER BOWL RING.  JIMMY STAYED AND GOT IN THE PRIDE OF THE JAGUARS

WE'RE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF HONORING THE ACHIEVEMENTS PLAYERS OBTAINED ON OTHER TEAMS.

Agree on Keenan.

Personally, I think they should add Jones-Drew at some point and call it a day for a while.
Quote:KEENAN LEFT 
Keenan didn't leave, him was released because they couldn't afford to keep him due to the salary cap.
Quote:Agree on Keenan.

Personally, I think they should add Jones-Drew at some point and call it a day for a while.

Agreed.

MJD was the best at his position and the focus of everyone on the opposing D for years, but after him I think it will be awhile until another name gets added, unless they want to add Blackmon.

Quote:Agreed.

MJD was the best at his position and the focus of everyone on the opposing D for years, but after him I think it will be awhile until another name gets added unless they want to add Blackmon.
After MJD the next one will probably be someone on the team now. Unless Rashean sneaks in to it.
Well deserved, and a long time coming.

I am very happy for him. Although it can be debated, Jimmy was the most dominant player in Jaguars history. He would be double-teamed and still couldn't be stopped. His statistics speak for themselves, and had it not been for his addiction I think he would have made it to Canton. Who knows how many more good years he could have had? More important than this honor, I hope that he has his problem under control and does not have a relapse like so many others. He appears to be a genuinely good guy whose addiction caused him to turn into a different person. 

Coughlin should definitely be the next one to receive this honor, followed by either MJD or Keenan. All 3 are very worthy candidates.

Pages: 1 2 3 4