Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A concealed Carrier takes down gunman in SC at a bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yet the Lame-Stream media will not report this because there was a Good Guy with a gun (civilian) that stopped a bad guy with a gun

Score one for the good guys. 

...  Don't that beat all!

Just hope you aren't one of the first 4 shot...
Quote:Just hope you aren't one of the first 4 shot...

Suzie Sunshine up in here.
Quote:Just hope you aren't one of the first 4 shot...
How many more would have been shot if he hadn't taken down the gunman? In Orlando that was about 100. I think it probably would have been less than that, but the point still stands.
The problem in Orlando would be concealed carriers in an establishment serving alcohol. I know a responsible gun owner wouldn't be drinking and carrying, but it seems unreasonable to say the massacre would have been avoided had more good guys with guns been there. Even the NRA says the two don't mix.

This incident also appears to be different from Orlando in that the gunman wasn't a mass shooter intending to kill as many as possible, but was instead incited by an argument outside the night club. I know this wasn't an assertion made in this thread, but when you Google it several sites are depicting it as another Orlando averted by a legal concealed carrier.

I'm glad it turned out well. The whole situation must have been chaos. Imagine if others were carrying and misread the situation.

Quote:The problem in Orlando would be concealed carriers in an establishment serving alcohol. I know a responsible gun owner wouldn't be drinking and carrying, but it seems unreasonable to say the massacre would have been avoided had more good guys with guns been there. Even the NRA says the two don't mix.

This incident also appears to be different from Orlando in that the gunman wasn't a mass shooter intending to kill as many as possible, but was instead incited by an argument outside the night club. I know this wasn't an assertion made in this thread, but when you Google it several sites are depicting it as another Orlando averted by a legal concealed carrier.

I'm glad it turned out well. The whole situation must have been chaos. Imagine if others were carrying and misread the situation.

Maybe the DD is the one with the gun.
Quote:How many more would have been shot if he hadn't taken down the gunman? In Orlando that was about 100. I think it probably would have been less than that, but the point still stands.
In Orlando the shooter was engaged within seconds of the start of the shooting by a uniformed police office who was joined shortly afterwards by two other officers. They literally had three "good guys" on the scene and the gunman still killed 49 people.
Still no mass shootings in Australia since the gun reforms. All the bad guys must have left...
Quote:Still no mass shootings in Australia since the gun reforms. All the bad guys must have left...

And how many did you have before? Because I think your gun confiscation did about as much to stop "mass shootings" as my anti-penguin law ended the scourge of penguin attacks in Florida. You simply had few to start with.
Think it was 13 in the previous 18 years. Now been 20 years since...

And a rapidly growing population
I wonder how many mass shootings have been carried out by a concealed carrier?

Quote:I wonder how many mass shootings have been carried out by a concealed carrier?

Carriers are huge. How do you conceal one?

Quote:Still no mass shootings in Australia since the gun reforms. All the bad guys must have left...

We get it, dependence on the state and tight immigration works on your little island, good for you. Wouldn't work on this continent just ask Mexico how well gun confiscations stop mass shootings. 
Quote:We get it, dependence on the state and tight immigration works on your little island, good for you. Wouldn't work on this continent just ask Mexico how well gun confiscations stop mass shootings. 

May want to check the map, it's a pretty big island. Or was that just a condescending tone? Couldn't possibly learn anything from anyone else...Also we have pretty high immigration.
Quote:Think it was 13 in the previous 18 years. Now been 20 years since...

And a rapidly growing population

Yeah, you guys slayed a lot of penguins since then.
Quote:Carriers are huge. How do you conceal one?

He's not just happy to see you.
Quote:May want to check the map, it's a pretty big island. Or was that just a condescending tone? Couldn't possibly learn anything from anyone else...Also we have pretty high immigration.

Here's what you can learn about the USA. 300 million people. 40% reportedly own firearms. Fully half that would outright refuse a confiscation. Do you want to fight, kill, or incarcerate 40 MILLION people like me? Because that's the scale you're talking about, and it would be a bloodbath for both sides.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5