Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gary Johnson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What do you guys feel about Johnson? He's running on the Libertarian ticket. I think Libertarians in general are nuts, but Johnson seems reasonable. Right now he's polling between 6-12% in national polls. Do you think he can gather enough support to be included in the debates?

Personally, I can't stand Hillary or Trump and would consider voting for Johnson. Liberal stances on social issues, (extremely) conservative on economy and government.

Neither party wants him anywhere near the debates. He makes far too much sense.
At this point he has my vote by default
Johnson has my vote as well. I live in WV. Trump will get 70% of the vote.
Is this Monty Brewster?
This thread drummed up about as much interested as expected.

Quote:This thread drummed up about as much interested as expected.

Yeah, there should be thousands of responses in the... oh, 4 hours the East Coast has been awake since it was started.
Johnson is about as captivating as watching paint dry.  Same for his running mate, Bill Weld.  I think he's more likely a Clinton plant than anything considering Slick Willie tried to appoint him ambassador to Mexico back in the day. 

Quote:Yeah, there should be thousands of responses in the... oh, 4 hours the East Coast has been awake since it was started.

See, nobody cares, still...
He needs I think 15% support to get into the debates.  He'd be the first since Ross Perrot, and would be the only modern third party candidate to ever reach that margin necessary.  I think he might get a bit more support than past third party candidates.  

I'd prefer Rand Paul be up there but he had to go and try and be more mainstream.  I prefer Gary over the other two.

Quote:At this point he has my vote by default

Same.
Quote:He needs I think 15% support to get into the debates.  He'd be the first since Ross Perrot, and would be the only modern third party candidate to ever reach that margin necessary.  I think he might get a bit more support than past third party candidates.  

He needs 15% in 5 polls chosen by the Commission for Presidential Debates, which of course will never happen, thus why they made such a requirement. 
Listened to him on the Joe Rogan podcast.

Seems like a really normal, level headed guy with some interesting ideas.

In other words not presidential material.
Quote:Listened to him on the Joe Rogan podcast.

Which is exactly why he needs to be considered.
Quote:Which is exactly why he needs to be considered.

Oh definitely, for me the choice is obvious.

Seems he has almost no chance of getting in with the way the system is though right? Or is this the best chance an outside candidate has had since Perrot?
Quote:He needs 15% in 5 polls chosen by the Commission for Presidential Debates, which of course will never happen, thus why they made such a requirement.

What a great system we have. Everything is rigged against the people having a voice. This whole process seems almost like a waste of time. We could just have the rich pick the candidate out in the open and be done with it. Save a lot of money and time.
Quote:Listened to him on the Joe Rogan podcast.

Lol. The Presidential race is literally like wrestling. Overall, the whole thing is scripted, it is predetermined and there is maybe 10% that is actually real. The only thing that's worse is most wrestling fans realize it is fake, but most of the population doesn't when it comes to the election process.
Quote:What a great system we have. Everything is rigged against the people having a voice. This whole process seems almost like a waste of time. We could just have the rich pick the candidate out in the open and be done with it. Save a lot of money and time.

You don't think Rich people are just going to let the masses go and take away their good thing now, do you?
Quote:Johnson is about as captivating as watching paint dry.  Same for his running mate, Bill Weld.  I think he's more likely a Clinton plant than anything considering Slick Willie tried to appoint him ambassador to Mexico back in the day. 
Yep, a guy who's run before on his own merit is totally a Clinton plant. You know he's more likely to siphon voters off of Clinton than Trump, right?
Pages: 1 2 3 4