Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Predicting Yeldon will have a breakout season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I wanna call it first! My man T-Money aka Rebel Yel-don is gonna be a beast this year. Like Caldwell says, the biggest jump for a rookie is from year one onto year 2. Dude rushed for like 4.2 yards a carry and 740 yards even with missing 2 games behind an awful o-line.

This year he's gonna have more stability. He'll be even better with a good #2 back to spell him. Running game on point.

He should have a better season, but when it comes to stats (and fantasy football), I think it'll be anyone's guess which RB does better each game.  It's great for our team but hard to predict.

Hope he does as well. Just need to see him pick a lane and go. He was dancing around too much last year. He's too big to be playing east and west in the backfield. Hopefully Ivory can help wear down the opponents this year and give him a chance to have more games like he did against Miami as a rookie. 

I hope he has 1200 and 7 TDS
Quote:I hope he has 1200 and 7 TDS
I would love this too, but I expect it to be more like 600-700 yards per back, with maybe Ivory getting a little more, around 800 yards or so. I really hope we run it a little more, but still use the passing game often as it is our strength on offense. Should be a fun year nonetheless. 
For me it's not so much as his total yardage. It's more about quality over quantity now with Ivory being added this off-season. If he's only touching the football 75 - 100 times on the ground but he's getting 4.5 - 5.5 per clip. I'll take it. I think he's going to be utilized a bit more too in the passing game where I think he had some solid moments as a rookie. So maybe 100 - 125 touches is a fair assumption for him this year. With Ivory getting the Lion's share on the ground. He'll probably get a minimum of 150 carries. 

It's going to be split between him and Ivory. Maybe if one separates greatly with production during the season he may get a lot more touches.

Quote:I hope he has 1200 and 7 TDS

If he does this we are a 13-3 super bowl contending team. That said, he won't come close to that number
He wasn't too far off a 1,000 yard pace behind a putrid line and missing games.
This might sound stupid, but I think he will have a better season, but with lower carries and rushing yards (simply because he will share the load more).

A lot depends on the OLine doing its job and making holes for him though.
Quote:This might sound stupid, but I think he will have a better season, but with lower carries and rushing yards (simply because he will share the load more).

A lot depends on the OLine doing its job and making holes for him though.

I could see that. Plus with Linder back our run game will go to another level. Cann isn't as good as Linder but he will anchor his side and Parnell too.

I'm not worried about left tackle bc of all of our talent.
I'll predict that Yeldon has a breakout season ...in say 2020. For now though, it's going to be about Ivory who Olsen just explained "we're counting on." Yeldon will get his committee touches and I'm sure will do well, but I'm tempering my expectations for him for a while.

You don't hand out that kind of money to a RB and expect the other guy to go off for 1200 yards. I mean, seriously, what do you expect - Yeldon to average like 6.5 yards a carry, or Ivory to get only a handful of touches per game? One of those two things will likely have to happen barring injury or Ivory being the second coming of Toby Gerhart.

Quote:You don't hand out that kind of money to a RB and expect the other guy to go off for 1200 yards. I mean, seriously, what do you expect - Yeldon to average like 6.5 yards a carry, or Ivory to get only a handful of touches per game? One of those two things will likely have to happen barring injury or Ivory being the second coming of Toby Gerhart.

Gerhart never did anything that made me ever think that he was on the verge of a breakout season
Nope Ivory is that great! 

Gerhart made me break out.... in hives...

I see Yeldon/Ivory combining for about 1500 yards.

Who gets the lion's share is up for grabs. It really could be either of them.

I guess which ever back gets the most runs behind the right side of the line.
Quote:I'll predict that Yeldon has a breakout season ...in say 2020. For now though, it's going to be about Ivory who Olsen just explained "we're counting on." Yeldon will get his committee touches and I'm sure will do well, but I'm tempering my expectations for him for a while.
^this.

I'm actually predicting the opposite. Ivory will carry the workload. Yeldon gets lost in the shuffle later in the season.
As long as the tandem of Yeldon / Ivory does well and gets 1500+ yards, 10+ TDs combined, I am happy. it will mean so much if we can muster a running attack that has to be respected by defenses! We had a total of 5 Rushing touchdowns last year ( 2 Yeldon, 2 Blake, 1 Drob) and that is not enough to make defenses respect you in the red zone. This is imperative to making our offense work, and will take so much pressure off of Blake.

Pages: 1 2 3 4