Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Could Poz be on the way out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
@sbjaxfl Gus says Myles Jack will play MLB next week in mini-camp. Poz fans, take note.

Or would they keep him as a backup?
Quote:@sbjaxfl Gus says Myles Jack will play MLB next week in mini-camp. Poz fans, take note.

Or would they keep him as a backup?
This will be his last year
Gus said he would be playing 2nd team MLB, behind Poz. He's just learning his business from Poz. I think there's very little chance that Poz doesn't start in the middle against GB. Now, whether he stays there depends on Jack's ability to grasp the reads and learn the defense.
I think Poz is safe for one more year.
Myles Jack is being put there as its the best way to learn the defense.

Also helps that he could take over on 3rd down as the season goes on.
Poz ain't going anywhere. He will be a Jaguar for a few seasons IMO, though it probably in a backup role going forward.
Quote:Poz ain't going anywhere. He will be a Jaguar for a few seasons IMO, though it probably in a backup role going forward.

And after that I would bet he gets a coaching gig somewhere.
I think Poz is here for one more year. At 5 mil, he seems expensive as a backup next year, but i suppose it is possible.

Quote:And after that I would bet he gets a coaching gig somewhere.
I think he would be a great coach. He's a leader and just has a way about him that would make him easy to learn from.
He's here this year. Next year depends on whether the coaches think they've got a guy who can start in the middle with Jack and Smith outside, or on the strong side with Jack in the middle.

What happens in the next offseason with Poz is anyone's guess at this point. There's no telling if they'll still want him starting in the middle or if they'll feel like they can move on without him due to Jack's extreme athleticism. I personally think Jack should move to SS, but that's just me. With that said, this season Poz is as safe as can be and won't be going anywhere.

Yeah Poz is staying this season. On top of that veteran leadership, he's been a loyal Jaguar and we are still kind of thin at LB if you think about it.
I literally can't think of a reason we'd cut Poz. What are you all saying. He's the captain of our defense, he could take Myles under his tutelage, he wants to be here, he's productive, he's one of our best players, he's not breaking our bank, he's knows the defense, we are thin at LB. stop me when I'm making too much sense.
Quote:Poz ain't going anywhere. He will be a Jaguar for a few seasons IMO, though it probably in a backup role going forward.

I agree. Poz played with injuries and still was in the top 10 in tackles. Top 5 or 6 until injured.
Every player is on the way out every day of his career.

Quote:I literally can't think of a reason we'd cut Poz. What are you all saying. He's the captain of our defense, he could take Myles under his tutelage, he wants to be here, he's productive, he's one of our best players, he's not breaking our bank, he's knows the defense, we are thin at LB. stop me when I'm making too much sense.

All of that is correct.   I agree.  
if myles works out i could see this being his last year.
Quote:I literally can't think of a reason we'd cut Poz. What are you all saying. He's the captain of our defense, he could take Myles under his tutelage, he wants to be here, he's productive, he's one of our best players, he's not breaking our bank, he's knows the defense, we are thin at LB. stop me when I'm making too much sense.

Agreed. Even if Jack takes over the starting position, which would make sense, we could do MUCH worse than Poz as a backup. and I personally think he's stay here as a backup moving forward until he retires. He wants to stay in Jax. There's no reason to cut him at all.
As everyone else has said, he's definitely around this year although probably not on the field for third and long like he has been in the past.  Very experienced, still a big hitter and can help mentor the young guys.

Poz is a dying breed in where this team is trying to go. Speed kills, and Poz is headed to the proverbial glue factory sooner rather than later. 

Pages: 1 2 3