Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sanctuary Cities on notice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's about time.  These idiots running towns, cities and counties are set to lose federal funding because of their stupid and dangerous policy.

About damn time..... and here in Maryland the idiots are considering making it a sanctuary State...........

I don't know why the can't make refusing to enforce immigration laws a criminal offense, so they can just arrest these clowns. 

Quote:I don't know why the can't make refusing to enforce immigration laws a criminal offense, so they can just arrest these clowns.

I know of no law that says any LEO is obligated to stop any crime.
Quote:I know of no law that says any LEO is obligated to stop any crime.

FS 112.531 says so in this state.
Quote:FS 112.531 says so in this state.

Doesn't say anywhere that a LEO is obligated at all.
Quote:Doesn't say anywhere that a LEO is obligated at all.
If the Leo won't do his job, the otto has to come in to make the stop and take all the Leo's money. 

Yes it does.
Quote:Yes it does.

I read the statute and nowhere did it state they must stop the commission of a crime.

From what I can tell the cities don't want the Feds to have authority to force any control over local LEO's.
Quote:I read the statute and nowhere did it state they must stop the commission of a crime.

From what I can tell the cities don't want the Feds to have authority to force any control over local LEO's.

Do you really struggle with words like "responsibility" and "enforce" or are you just being stubborn?
Further, here's the direct text from the Texas Criminal Code:

<p class="" style="font-family:'Courier New', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;">Art. 2.13. DUTIES AND POWERS. (a) It is the duty of every peace officer to preserve the peace within the officer's jurisdiction. To effect this purpose, the officer shall use all lawful means.

<p class="" style="font-family:'Courier New', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;">(b) The officer shall:

<p class="" style="font-family:'Courier New', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;">(1) in every case authorized by the provisions of this Code, interfere without warrant to prevent or suppress crime;

Quote:Further, here's the direct text from the Texas Criminal Code:

<p style="font-family:'Courier New', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;">Art. 2.13. DUTIES AND POWERS. (a) It is the duty of every peace officer to preserve the peace within the officer's jurisdiction. To effect this purpose, the officer shall use all lawful means.

<p style="font-family:'Courier New', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;">( B) The officer shall:

<p style="font-family:'Courier New', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;">(1) in every case authorized by the provisions of this Code, interfere without warrant to prevent or suppress crime;

I sort of believe you, that local law enforcement officers should not ignore federal crimes, but in all fairness, I don't think your citation says that. 

But let me ask you this question: is it your assertion that state and local authorities are legally bound to enforce federal laws?  

Shall versus must.

There is good reason why most require the term must and must not over shall and shall not.
Cut the funding. If these people are so hard working like the libitards say they are, it won't affect them a bit.

Quote:Shall versus must.

There is good reason why most require the term must and must not over shall and shall not.

Ok Sparky.
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/27/sessions-takes-aim-at-dangerous-sanctuary-cities-warns-on-funding.html'>It's about time</a>. These idiots running towns, cities and counties are set to lose federal funding because of their stupid and dangerous policy.

How do you people even wrap your heads around this stuff? The mental makeup of the republican voter mind is probably the murkiest thing I've ever encountered.

Let's see what we have here.

The party of small government wants to blackmail cities - cities! Not states - into mandating policy handed down from the executive branch of the federal government.

All because of xenophobia.

What pathetic morons you have all become. Why are so afraid of illegal immigrants? You are much more likely to be victimized by an American.
Quote:How do you people even wrap your heads around this stuff? The mental makeup of the republican voter mind is probably the murkiest thing I've ever encountered.

The party of small government wants to blackmail cities - cities! Not states - into mandating policy handed down from the executive branch of the federal government.

What pathetic morons you have all become. Why are so afraid of illegal immigrants? You are much more likely to be victimized by an American.

You do realize that the "Party of Small Government" means that the government is limited to it's Constitutionally mandated functions, yes?
Quote:I sort of believe you, that local law enforcement officers should not ignore federal crimes, but in all fairness, I don't think your citation says that.

But let me ask you this question: is it your assertion that state and local authorities are legally bound to enforce federal laws?

In response to your last statement, from a neutral standpoint, the fallout from Brown V Topeka Board of Education answered that question
Quote:How do you people even wrap your heads around this stuff? The mental makeup of the republican voter mind is probably the murkiest thing I've ever encountered.

It's called enforcing existing law. You libitards aren't real big on things like that.
Quote:It's called enforcing existing law. You libitards aren't real big on things like that.
Still name calling huh?
Pages: 1 2 3