Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What the press are saying...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It's overwhelming hearing all the praise from everyone. Not used to it. I read comments on NFL's site and even rival fans talking us up. I hope this high doesn't end. I don't even have words to express how it feels to be a Jag fan right now.
Quote: 

NFL draft Winners and Losers: Jaguars are your 2016 bandwagon team - Yahoo!

<div> 
2016 NFL Draft: Jaguars win with big D additions - CBS Sports

NFL Draft: Winners, losers after Day 2 - Topeka Capital-Journal

NFL Draft grades 2016: Jaguars grade: B+ - Mocking The Draft/SBNation

Jaguars individual grades A+, A+, B - Walterfootball (He also gave the Jags an A for the trade with Baltimore)

Annnnnd a tacks article....

<div> 
  :teehee:  For some reason the Titans drafted Heisman winner Derrick Henry - CBS Sports  :teehee: 
</div>

</div>
WE drafted 2 of the 3 best players possible to get, and somehow we got a b+ lol. I know its trivial information and opinionated... But good lord.. We could have drafted a punter in the 3rd and I would still call it a slam dunk a+ draft as of now. 

Yeah that is a bit of a joke considering the Texans took two WRs who are just fast guys and got a better grade. I think the Colts and Jags drafted best in the division. The tacks have drafted towards a philosophy but it's Mularkeys dumb run the ball 75% of time philosophy so it won't work.

Quote:WE drafted 2 of the 3 best players possible to get, and somehow we got a b+ lol. I know its trivial information and opinionated... But good lord.. We could have drafted a punter in the 3rd and I would still call it a slam dunk a+ draft as of now.

The grades are just from day 2 so Ramsey isn't factored in. So basically giving Jack and A and Yannick pick a B.
Wow, that SBNation is the first article I've seen below an A over the past several days.

NFL.com gave us an A for all three days as well.
Quote:Wow, that SBNation is the first article I've seen below an A over the past several days.

Consider the source.
Walter football have turned the corner on us eh?
Who in the hell is Mel Kiper, anyway?

The draft analyst from ESPN who gave us an A, that's who.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/insider...y-nfl-team

Yeah it's been fun. I was out fishing yesterday and keeping up with mostly Walterfootball's live draft grades. They're very tough critics over there and they were impressed with every decision that was made. It's truly nice to see the national praise for a change. It's a good look to have somebody in the front office that apparently and actually KNOWS what he's doing as a General Manager. Caldwell has left ZERO excuses for Bradely in 2016 now. The offense took the right step forward in 2015 and should only improve. But all of the free agency signings and draft choices basically says "Get it done Gus or get off the bus after 2016". I think Caldwell is safe. Between the last three draft classes you cannot deny that he's the right man for this team. Now it's up to Bradley to reward his decision for hiring him three years ago.

Quote:Who in the hell is Mel Kiper, anyway?

The draft analyst from ESPN who gave us an A, that's who.

He also is the draft analyst who thinks we need a running back LOL.
I agree the national writers grades give a warm fuzzy feeling, but more I agree with Jags comment of the rival fans comments. It is much harder to get a fan from another team to say it was an awesome draft than from a writer imo. It is very nice just to google 2016 nfl draft and see Jaguars mentioned high in every article. GO JAGS!!!!!!

Quote:I agree the national writers grades give a warm fuzzy feeling, but more I agree with Jags comment of the rival fans comments. It is much harder to get a fan from another team to say it was an awesome draft than from a writer imo. It is very nice just to google 2016 nfl draft and see Jaguars mentioned high in every article. GO JAGS!!!!!!

Keep in mind a lot of praise we are getting now comes from the same media sources who gave us little or no respect. Look at the "before and after" writers. Are the same NFL analysts who threw a lot of crap our way for years calling us one of the legitimate playoff contenders in 2016?
[Image: jack.jpg]

Myles Jack, Telvin Smith & Poz with Jalen Ramsey, D. House, Prince at corners with TaShaun picking off fools in the backfield & Cyprien coming in at Strong Safety (or Sample, or who knows) to stop the run...\

Then you got Fowler Jr, Malik Jackson, Marks, Odrick, Roy Miller, Yannick Ngakoue, and DT Sheldon Day going to be sick this year..

We need to see more improvement from Cyprien before hailing him as a great strong safety. I like him but if a better strong safety becomes available this summer, he should be that guy's backup.

I don't know what they will do with Cyprien he might be released or kept for an OTTO backup and SS backup to Sample... the consensus is the job is Sample's to lose & not Cyprien at this point.. but it is a huge weak spot on the Defense.  I wouldn't be shocked if the team drafts a Strong Safety in the 2nd or 3rd round next year should it be a constant struggle.

Quote:I don't know what they will do with Cyprien he might be released or kept for an OTTO backup and SS backup to Sample. The consensus is the job is Sample's to lose & not Cyprien at this point..but it is a huge weak spot on the defense. I wouldn't be shocked if the team drafts a Strong Safety in the 2nd or 3rd round next year should it be a constant struggle.

Consensus of what group? I only believe what the Jaguars say about this. Sample did not play much before we put him on IR. Based on that limited experience, it is Cyprien's job to lose.
Quote:Consensus of what group? I only believe what the Jaguars say about this. Sample did not play much before we put him on IR. Based on that limited experience, it is Cyprien's job to lose.

Source: Florida Times Union
Cyprien has started every game he's been healthy the past three seasons, but is a liability against the pass and had a team-high 21 missed tackles last year.

The Jaguars could start sophomore James Sample and convert Cyprien into a sub-package linebacker to limit his coverage exposures.

The Florida Times-Union expects Sample to open 2016 opposite FS Tashaun Gipson. Mar 26 - 8:31 PM

------------------------------------

"We took a look at him and divided it – when he was close to the line of scrimmage and when he was back – and where did he play better and was more consistent," coach Gus Bradley said. "We felt being in the box allowed him to utilize his skill set."

-----------------------------------------

Hence Gus is thinking of moving Cyprien to LB.

NFL.com front page:

Quote:The Jacksonville Jaguars will not be a "sleeper" playoff pick this year. They will be too popular for that.

Just in case the team's high-scoring offense, free agency aggression, and media-friendly approach didn't make the Jaguars trendy enough, the 2016 NFL Draft should do it. Welcome to higher expectations, coach Gus Bradley and general manager David Caldwell. Anything short of a winning record would be a disappointment.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000659035/article/winners-and-losers-jaguars-ready-for-playoff-push'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000659035/article/winners-and-losers-jaguars-ready-for-playoff-push</a>

Get ready to make room on the bandwagon folks...
Pages: 1 2 3 4