Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is Dave a genius?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Assuming this Myles Jack thing pans out, but I really think Dave is playing the entire NFL like puppets right now. Have a sneaking suspicion that Myles Jack falling was part of some crazy what if plan C and we got a little bit of luck. Everything is lining up just too perfect.
To answer the question yes he is a genius lol.

I think really it's just our time. We caught a break. That's what happens to the great teams. Hopefully this is the beginning of a long run.
There's a certain level of luck involved with the draft. Caldwell said he wanted to trade back into the first to get Jack, but the 4th rounder price they were asking was too steep. He got a little lucky that Jack kept falling. But, other GM's would've forced the issue and given a better pick. Caldwell was also pretty shrewd for not giving more than he wanted, and he got the pick he wanted for a 5th.

That said, I really believe that Caldwell is a fantastic football personnel mind. There's an old adage that says "chance favors the prepared mind." Caldwell has put this team in position to do very well with the hands it's been dealt. That's where the genius come in. We're fortunate to have him, that's for sure.
He's traded up for Linder, ARob and Jack.
Quote:There's a certain level of luck involved with the draft. Caldwell said he wanted to trade back into the first to get Jack, but the 4th rounder price they were asking was too steep. He got a little lucky that Jack kept falling. But, other GM's would've forced the issue and given a better pick. Caldwell was also pretty shrewd for not giving more than he wanted, and he got the pick he wanted for a 5th.

That said, I really believe that Caldwell is a fantastic football personnel mind. There's an old adage that says "chance favors the prepared mind." Caldwell has put this team in position to do very well with the hands it's been dealt. That's where the genius come in. We're fortunate to have him, that's for sure.

he has a bit of card counter in him.  But the more important thing is he doesn't panick and makes sensible use of his draft picks for trades
We got both of the top 2 prospects in the draft this year. This dude has really changed our ability to get young talent here. The only question is if we can stay healthy and if Gus can keep the locker room.

He's always been a great drafter, fans are just impatient. Jaguars have sucked, frustrations are understandable, but sometimes, that clouds judgment. Dave Caldwell has always been the best thing on a personnel standpoint to happen to the Jags. 

Ive always defended Dave, and this draft shows that my trust and belief in him as paid off. Never felt this way about Gene, knew almost right away that was not going to work out. Dave, I always had a good feeling about him. 

more like the cowboys are idiots

I think you can get an starting caliber interior lineman in the 4th. Knowing that, Caldwell is an absolute genius for not giving up the 4th to move up and waiting until the price dropped to the 5th. That meant we get our CB, LB, DE and still a potential starting caliber interior lineman.

Quote:He's traded up for Linder, ARob and Jack.

Caldwell's trade record is perfect so far, unlike his predecessor.

Quote:More like the Cowboys are idiots.

LOL I have always known the Cowboys are idiots. This is the best time ever for them to be so stupid.
When yall say Daves name put some Respeck on it
Quote:When yall say Daves name put some Respeck on it

I ain't go say it no mo
Agreed that Dave has been awesome. How are the cowboys idiots though? T they took a home one player with Elliot and gambled like we are on a player with a ton of upside.
Quote:Agreed that Dave has been awesome. How are the Cowboys idiots though? They took a home run player with Elliott and gambled like we are on a player with a ton of upside.

You are talking about the same team whose biggest need is the defensive line because of two drug-related suspensions LOL. When was the last time Dallas did something smart?

Quote:You are talking about the same team whose biggest need is the defensive line because of two drug-related suspensions LOL. When was the last time Dallas did something smart?

probably Dez Bryant or their entire Offensive line including the center people laughed at them for taking.
Quote:You are talking about the same team whose biggest need is the defensive line because of two drug-related suspensions LOL. When was the last time Dallas did something smart?
im pretty sure if Romo stays healthy they will probably just outscore most opponents.
Quote:There's a certain level of luck involved with the draft. Caldwell said he wanted to trade back into the first to get Jack, but the 4th rounder price they were asking was too steep. He got a little lucky that Jack kept falling. But, other GM's would've forced the issue and given a better pick. Caldwell was also pretty shrewd for not giving more than he wanted, and he got the pick he wanted for a 5th.

Indeed... many thought that BOTH Jack and Ramsey would have been gone by the Jags #5 pick... and the Jags ended up with both....   so yes, it was luck.... or other teams thinking "we need a certain position (DE, RB, etc...)" more than these guys so....

and yes, not panicking is a great thing to have....  "He who shall not be named" (predecessor GM) would have thrown in tons more picks to try to grab someone or picked a position and tried to force it to work / fit (PUNTER in 3RD ROUND!!!)... so to be able to grab Jack and it only cost a 5th round pick and the Jags having 2 6th rounders... for what could possibly be not only 1st round talent but top 5 talent (if the knee is good even for a couple years) - very worth it.... (and how many 5th rounders stick on a team as it is?)
Quote:im pretty sure if Romo stays healthy they will probably just outscore most opponents.

The Cowboys can't just score more points. They need defensive players who will not immediately be put on IR.
Quote:The Cowboys can't just score more points. They need defensive players who will not immediately be put on IR.

I think every team needs that 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5