Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: PayPal withdraws plans for Charlotte expansion over North Carolina’s new LGBT law
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Quote:<div>PayPal has withdrawn plans for a new Charlotte operations center because it opposes North Carolina’s new law that limits the legal protections of LGBT individuals, the most dramatic display yet of corporate opposition to House Bill 2 and one that will cost the city more than 400 jobs.

The payment processor’s move Tuesday led to renewed calls for Gov. Pat McCrory and the state legislature to overturn a law passed last month that has drawn criticism from big companies such as Bank of America and American Airlines as well as sports organizations such as the NBA.

N.C. Attorney General Roy Cooper called on McCrory, his opponent in this November’s gubernatorial race, to repeal the legislation, which was passed in response to a Charlotte nondiscrimination ordinance.

“The threat that HB 2 poses to jobs and our economy is no longer a possibility, it’s a reality,” Cooper, a Democrat, said in a statement. “These are new, better paying jobs North Carolina won’t get because Governor McCrory has put his political ideology above all else. It’s time to reverse course and take actions to undo the damage.”

North Carolina’s new law, signed March 23 by McCrory, limits legal protections of LGBT individuals by setting a statewide definition of protected classes of citizens. The new law means schools and local governments cannot adopt more inclusive rules. Legislative leaders said they were responding to Charlotte’s expanded nondiscrimination ordinance that would have allowed transgender people to use the bathroom that corresponds to the gender with which they identify.
</div>

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/bu...01502.html

Another thread about people not going to the proper restroom?

people are really upset about this. it's as if slavery was just reinstated. 

Quote:Another thread about people not going to the proper restroom?

Yes, it's all about sex and poop with these people.
Quote:people are really upset about this. it's as if slavery was just reinstated. 
liberal commies.
Never using them again.
Yeah those liberal commies at PayPal.

Dude, the reading comprehension in this thread is really pathetic. You don't even have to read the article, just the subject line of this thread.

And yet the gubmint the devil crowd comes in here with their panties in a twist.

News flash, it was the republican led state government that made yet another dumb law. And it was a business that decided to leave the state with the stupid law.

But yes, let's blame the "commies" and the gubmint.
Quote:Never using them again.

Better be prepared to boycott more companies. Because Pay Pal is just the first of many companies that will keep business out of North Carolina. The NBA will be next.
Quote:Better be prepared to boycott more companies. Because Pay Pal is just the first of many companies that will keep business out of North Carolina. The NBA will be next.

Paypal has made their decision, now others shall make their own.
Havent really watched them since mike retired anyway. This is the biggest croc i have ever seen. I have strong opponions on gay marriage but i think the other sides generAl premise was reasonable for discussion.

This is bat guano.
Quote:Havent really watched them since mike retired anyway. This is the biggest croc i have ever seen. I have strong opponions on gay marriage but i think the other sides generAl premise was reasonable for discussion.

This is bat guano.

What??? Are you in the right thread? Have you been kidnapped as well?
Quote:Havent really watched them since mike retired anyway. This is the biggest croc i have ever seen. I have strong opponions on gay marriage but i think the other sides generAl premise was reasonable for discussion.

This is bat guano.

What?
Quote:Yeah those liberal commies at PayPal.

Dude, the reading comprehension in this thread is really pathetic. You don't even have to read the article, just the subject line of this thread.

And yet the gubmint the devil crowd comes in here with their panties in a twist.

News flash, it was the republican led state government that made yet another dumb law. And it was a business that decided to leave the state with the stupid law.

But yes, let's blame the "commies" and the gubmint.

So why did Boeing decide to build a plant in South Carolina?  Was it because of "stupid" laws?

Businesses are free to operate wherever they choose.  The reason(s) for them choosing a location could be a plus or the downfall of said business.

Specifically regarding PayPal and North Carolina, first of all, it was their legislature that passed the bill and the Governor signed it into law.  Does it really "limit legal protections of LGBT individuals" or does it protect against possible sexual predators?  After all, allowing someone to use a public restroom that they "identify as their gender" means that if some sicko guy says that he "identifies" as a female he would be allowed to use a female restroom.  That seems pretty reckless to me.

I'm not saying that gays or transgender people are "sickos" by any means.  The fact of the matter is, trying to make laws to accommodate a far lesser portion of society in order to be politically correct could actually be pretty damaging.

Gays, transgender people, etc. have been going to the bathroom in proper places for several years.
What sight would be more traumatic to you sensitive souls - for a F2M to use a stall in the men's restroom, a M2F use a stall in the women's restroom, or a M2F in a dress standing at a urinal?

This is bat guano.

Quote:What??? Are you in the right thread? Have you been kidnapped as well?

Quote:What?

I think he's talking about this...

Quote:Better be prepared to boycott more companies. Because Pay Pal is just the first of many companies that will keep business out of North Carolina. The NBA will be next.

...but with jj one can never be certain.
Do as you wish. I don't call it a boycott. Closed my account today.This new mentality has got to stop.

Please explain PayPals presence in Cuba.

Quote:I think he's talking about this...

...but with jj one can never be certain.

...  yes, I was simply stating that i don't really watch NBA basketball since Jordan Retired.  I can also see the reasoning behind people with alternative lifestyles wanting to have certain legal protections for the transfer of property insurance etc. and access to the legal status of marriage.  I had strong opinions about an alternative solution but i could at least see the discussion as valid.  

The idea that we are really making a federal case out of bathroom signage is just plain ridiculous in my opinion.  I actually watched an episode of a show (WITH MY WIFE) called drop dead diva where this was the main theme.  I remember thinking how fringe and out there the whole concept was and that no one would actually take this seriously.  Now I look up and major sports leagues are threatening to pull major events and it feels like the world is on fire.  
Kansas is going to pay students $2500 if they encounter a transgender person in their bathroom.

Man, I'd totally abuse that.  I'd befriend some transgender students, and we'd split the cash $1250 every time we had to go to the bathroom.  That'd be $6000/week.  I'd have a good college fund by the end of the year.

Quote:Kansas is going to pay students $2500 if they encounter a transgender person in their bathroom.

Man, I'd totally abuse that.  I'd befriend some transgender students, and we'd split the cash $1250 every time we had to go to the bathroom.  That'd be $6000/week.  I'd have a good college fund by the end of the year.

So in other words, you would try to exploit and defraud the system.
Quote:So in other words, you would try to exploit and defraud the system.

Isn't that what businesses get applauded for doing?
Pages: 1 2 3 4