Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Brandon Linder will start at center
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After watching Gus get interviewed at the owners meetings, it became pretty apparent that Linder will play at center. Gus raved about Linder's ability to play center and about how it'd be great to have a player as talented as Linder to solidify the center position for many years. With that said, who starts at guard opposite Cann? Do you think we find the guy in the draft, the guy we signed from the Cowboys, or a guy that is part of our depth group like Shatley or Bowanko?
They really liked Shatley, but I'd expect us to draft a guard.
It's still lying season. I wouldn't be surprised if they took a center in an early round like 2 or 3.
I would think the thrid round is where we would find that G/C that can compete for both spot. But Linder starting at center would be fine with me. Having that power and pass protection in the middle would be fantastic.

Just draft a guard and plug them in. Line fixed.
I didn't realize that they have tinkered with Linder at center already. He played a few series there his rookie year in the preseason. I am assuming Bernadeau will start at guard but Dave will also probably draft a guard in the 3rd round to compete.

If I had to guess our initial lineup will be Joeckel-Bernadeau-Linder-Cann-Parnell and by the end it will be Beachum-rookie-Linder-Cann-Parnell.

It does sounds like LInder is their top option short of acquiring a Center in the draft. Previously they were saying how Linder or Cann could play Center, but listening to Gus at the combine recently, I heard him mention that Cann will play either right or left guard.

they probably think it's easier to find a guard than a center.  If linder can play center then they will plug him in there.

A 6 foot 6 guy playing center always leaves me scratching my head a little

Quote:A 6 foot 6 guy playing center always leaves me scratching my head a little
Moving our best OLineman out of position would make mine itchy too.
Quote:Moving our best OLineman out of position would make mine itchy too.

This. Hope it's just pre-draft lying.
I think ideally, they would want luke to win the LT job and have beacham(sp?) start at LG.
Quote:Moving our best OLineman out of position would make mine itchy too.

That's my concern as well
Quote:I think ideally, they would want luke to win the LT job and have beacham(sp?) start at LG.

Beachum will not play guard. He was adamant about that in Pitt.
Quote:A 6 foot 6 guy playing center always leaves me scratching my head a little

i know. I was thinking the same when the 6'6" Bowanko was playing Center.

I'm all for drafting a Center in round 3.

I'm all for draftin a center in round 2 and another guard later in the draft. It's way past time this team focused on solidifying the Oline, and I think they have a chance to do just that this offseason now that we've brought in quality competition for Joeckel. Gimme a pass rusher, an Olineman, and a LB in the first three rounds, and I think this team will be ready to make a bit of a run next year.
There seems to be a few centers available in the 2-4 rounds in this draft.  I would like them to draft someone who actually played the position before

Im not concerned about a 6'6 center. Bowanko did fine but his issue was power. Wis is shorter and his issue was power. If we can get someone with pure mauling ability, that would go furter than a guard of the same ilk.

If the middle is strong the qb can step up and make deep throws down the field. In case we forgot the mid to deep mid and deep throws are Blake's stregthens. Im in favor for putting an anchor in the middle of the line to create more of these throws.
I'm all for drafting a top C and having 5 solid pieces for once.

I have no problems with the move. Linder is a good o-linemen.

Pages: 1 2 3