Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ryan O'halloran's opinions on Jaguars' free agency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I realize that guys like O'Halloran often say things just to get a reaction and not be boring, but his comments this week on Mike Dempsey's show  really annoyed me. He gave their free agency class a C- grade and basically said it was a bad class due to not signing a pass rusher. He went on to say they should have offered Vernon whatever it would take to sign him. Yes, pass rusher along with free safety were their greatest needs, but there must be limits as to how much a team should overspend for any player, especially one who has never had double digit sacks. Personally, I would still give the Jaguars an A- grade since they have potentially (nothing is guaranteed) improved their team at the following positions:

Free safety (Gipson)

Cornerback Amukamara)

Offensive line (Beachum)

Defensive Tackle (Jackson)

Punter (who cares what his name is since he didn't cost the team a 3rd round draft choice)

Running back- Ivory

This makes 6 positions that have been upgraded including 2 current or past pro-bowlers and a couple others who have pro-bowl ability (especially Jackson). These comments were even more ignorant than his one's about how Blackmon was just an average receiver. What are your thoughts about this?

Ryan O is an idiot, along with Alfie and the rest if idiots at BCC

I'm of the opinion he's become Jax's version of Skip Clueless. He just says things to get attention.

Our offer was probably about the same or slightly more than NYG, what are we supposed to do give him a 150M contract?  Vernon is good but it's not like he's JJ Watt or Von Miller.

Not signing a pass rusher is a glaring hole in FA but he is just trying to get a rise out of the fan base with the C- or whatever he gave. I would have liked us to sign Vernon but that contract was HUGE. We could have made it work with how much space we had, but he wanted NY. Can't fault Caldwell for not landing him.

We signed some really talented guys at positions of need and IF they play to their potential, this is an A+ class. I'll wait and see though.

His opinions, voice and face are annoying.
Just imagine people talking a year from now, Vernon gets less than 10 sacks again.  

BklynJag and Ryan are the same guy.

Quote:BklynJag and Ryan are the same guy.

It all makes sense now.
Quote:His opinions, voice and face are annoying.

This
Quote:Just imagine people talking a year from now, Vernon gets less than 10 sacks again.

I was thinking the same. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Any grade lower than a B for this FA class is just trolling
Quote:Ryan O is an idiot, along with Alfie and the rest if idiots at BCC

So anyone who disagrees with what the team is an idiot. Typical for most on this board.
It's fine to disagree with the team.  But if you don't think the Jags have done great this free agency period, you're crazy.  Overpaying for Vernon would have been stupid in a year or two, when we're looking to lock up Bortles and Robinson.  

Quote:His opinions, voice and face are annoying.

Easily the most punchable face this side of the Mississippi.
Quote:It's fine to disagree with the team. But if you don't think the Jags have done great this free agency period, you're crazy. Overpaying for Vernon would have been stupid in a year or two, when we're looking to lock up Bortles and Robinson.

When we can't rush the passer like last season and lose games because of this and then the current regime is fired, who will look stupid then?
When Oliver Vernon gets less than 10 sacks this year, who's going to look stupid then?

If Vernon was good as Watt or Von then I would have paid him whatever. But he's not and I'm glad the didnt. I like the prospect of trying to get some more playmakers through the draft.
We will get to the QB a lot more this year with whst we got now. If you can't see thar, you're an idiot.
That is a low grade considering how many holes we filled. I would give them a B+ just because they didn't fill their biggest hole whole which was a pass rusher. Other than that we rocked Free Agency. 

Pages: 1 2 3