Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Are you to the point where the draft is icing on the cake?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
With Dave killing it in FA the draft should fill the rest of our needs.

We may even have room for a luxury pick.

Thoughts?
It is nice to be able to draft guys that aren't required to be starters.
Quote:It is nice to be able to draft guys that aren't required to be starters.

Fully 100 percent agree.
Beachum if healthy can compete with Luke at LT, Gipson is the best FA signing regardless of Jackson's huge money deal yet both are needs that were met to everyone satisfaction (however is Jackson a leo, DT, or LE)? 

CB Prince is great corner when healthy, Ivory is a ProBowl marshall type running back, the team is going to compete for the Playoffs this year.. no excuses on talent.....

You would have to think that Joey Bosa is the #5 pick or DeForester Buckner which ever is available at that time.

I wouldn't even be mad with Buckner at this point.
Okay I looked it up and Joey Bosa is a faster running a 4.86 in the 40 yard dash as well as he did a better 3 cone, broad jump & vertical jump (*top performer in the combine of the 3 mentioned to the left).

Many have compared him to Ryan Kerrigan and a few even said he's like JJ Watt.... but

I am sure that Dallas Cowboys will draft Bosa if still there so Buckner should be there at #5.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/j...id=2555249

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/d...id=2555275

DeForest Buckner

He ran a 5.05 (40 yard Dash), 32 inch (vertical jump), 116" (Broad Jump), 7.51 sec (3 cone), 4.47 (20 yd shuttle)

6'7", 291 lbs, 11 3/4 hands, 34 3/8" arm length

Pro Day Results
Bench: 21 reps of 225 pounds

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll be satisfied with whoever they get Im sure it'll be a great pick
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...ock-draft/

Cris Collinsworths Mock Draft has the Jaguars drafting Jalen Ramsey

5. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State
Like Tyrann Mathieu or Byron Jones, Ramsey can play any position in the secondary. His versatility creates so many options for Jacksonville. My guess is Ramsey will play cornerback in base defense and then see multiple roles in nickel-and-dime situations. His size makes him too valuable against bigger receivers to move inside, but Ramsey would sure look good covering tight ends or blitzing off the edge on key third downs. At 6-1 and 208 pounds, he has rare size for those difficult match-ups against bigger receivers or tight ends flanked out. Ramsey is a big hitter who escapes blocks with a flair. It would not surprise me to see Ramsey go anywhere in the top five picks, but if he falls lower than No. 5, that would be stunning.

-ProFootballFocus Source

---------------------------------------

I would be happy with Jalen Ramsey, Vernon Hargreaves III, DeForester Buckner, or Joey Bosa.  I am a bit concerned about Myles Jack's knee but what I do I know...

Not until we're perennial AFCS/playoff contenders, and we're drafting in the lower third of the draft consistently.

Bosa ran a 4.78 at his pro day. I've narrowed my ideal choice between Bosa and Jack, however, I'm torn on which one I'd pick.

I like Jack and his potential more but Bosa could fill a bigger need.
If this team doesn't win, it won't be for lack of talent.
No. The first three rounds of the draft ARE the cake.
This draft isn't icing on the cake. 

This is actually a very important draft and will hopefully solidify our defense for years to come.

The talent is definitely improving, unfortunately we have a clown coaching staff that has given me 0 confidence.
Dave needs to draft at least two defensive studs and bolster the OL
Quote:Dave needs to draft at least two defensive studs and bolster the OL

What other OL positions would you like to upgrade? To me the only position would be center. After that, maybe depth.
I am definitely impressed with the FA haul, its been met with mediocre satisfaction across some fans but I am really ecstatic about what we've brought into this team since Caldwell took over! I have been way to patient with this team for the last decade to produce a competitive team and right now just feels like the time doesn't it? Doesn't it feel like the timing is right so to speak? some teams in our division are getting worse, were getting better (although most cant see it), and were going to pounce!!!!

we got Malik, Gipson, Prince and Ivory which are all massive hauls to me and guys I could only wish we had a chance at... and we got em all.

Yes, we blew it on Vernon and Ayers but there were reasons for that, I know most don't accept it but it is what it is... we would have been set had we landed Vernon, my god. (but we would have paid the price long-term)

That being said, I don't really know who I want in the draft.... Ramsey is where my gut reaction is, but most have mentioned Jack, Bosa, or even Buckner? Personally I only see 2 weaknesses on this team and that's the obvious choices of PASS RUSHER, O.L, or somewhat DB. Drafting Ramsey solidifies our team but potentially screws us at our 2 biggest needs, and we haven't even touched on LB yet!
I don't think we can go wrong drafting any of those players... but most people will target Bosa or Buckner because he's more of a need than anyone else listed and reasonable to take at that spot on the draft board.

Ramsey, Jack can definitely help us at LB and DB... but there not really the glaring holes we have in our roster at this point... just my opinion

+Malik Jackson

+Tashaun Gipson

+Dante Fowler

+Top 5 Pick

+Sen'derick Marks

All in one off season
Pages: 1 2 3 4