Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Toby Gerhart NOT released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ok, so I'm not actually seeing this reported anywhere. But why not?

Gerhart is due a $500,000 roster bonus on March 13th, and then he'll carry a $3 mil base salary this season. I know they don't need the cap space, but with a slew of attractive FA RBs out there, they surely can use the roster spot.

Bruh
Quote:Ok, so I'm not actually seeing this reported anywhere. But why not?

Gerhart is due a $500,000 roster bonus on March 13th, and then he'll carry a $3 mil base salary this season. I know they don't need the cap space, but with a slew of attractive FA RBs out there, they surely can use the roster spot.

They still like Gerhart.  Apparently he's been injured for 2 years straight and want to see what he can do when healthy...
Dang!! I was excited for all of 10 seconds Sad
I think Toby makes it till at least August.
Fail thread post
Delete your account.

Lame [BLEEP] thread. But why not. :wacko:

As a mod, can you give yourself a warning.
Gertrash should have been cut months ago.
Quote:As a mod, can you give yourself a warning.

Yeah, that.
Exactly
Thread of the year ha ha
Quote:Ok, so I'm not actually seeing this reported anywhere. But why not?

No reason to pay the guy the bonus. The team should just cut him imo
TG has obviously been a disappointment.  I don't blame Caldwell for signing him though, on paper he looked like a good signing.  He hadn't played much but he was quick for his size (the people that insist he's slow always do so based on his complexion more than anything rational).  He's also a big guy who before getting to Jacksonville had rarely been injured.  So you take a chance on a guy like that.  He hasn't panned out, mostly due to having injury issues, so you can cut your losses and move on or you can give the guy one more try.  He's not a fullback so don't even go there.  Personally, if they cut him and decide to move on at this point, I wouldn't be disappointed.

And if you're going to make a trolling thread...maybe...you know...spell the player's name correctly.
Quote:And if you're going to make a trolling thread...maybe...you know...spell the player's name correctly.

Oops. I just edited the title.

I know...

Bad mod! :verymad:<strong><em>
</em></strong>

I just couldn't resist.

Idc about the speed it's just that London game....like you need 1 yardage you're a power back,so may power behind the blocks or power over the defender
I reckon they are just looking to see how the rb market goes. They don't want to overpay massively for an rb2 and Gerhart at least gives them an option.

I reckon he goes early in camp

Lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6