Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ICYMI: Mike Mayock on the Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I know the controversy du jour on the board is Dante Fowler, this was posted yesterday.

I didn't see any reference to this on the board, so apologies if been posted already.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...3Afacebook

I'm not falling for this again. Ill believe it when i see it.
The AFCS is trash. Anyone can be in the playoffs
Quote:I'm not falling for this again. Ill believe it when i see it.
Well sure.
Chhhhammppiioonnnshhhhippppppppp
It's nice to hear and I think we all believe this team is capable as long as they improve the defense. I hope he's right!

Quote:I'm not falling for this again. Ill believe it when i see it.
When did Mayock say this prior to this year?

Analysts have said the last two Jaguars drafts were good, and so far that seems to be the case-certainly with the 2014 draft class.

But when did Mayock say the Jaguars might be a playoff team prior to this year?

If you read the quote, he said maybe as soon as this year.

Quote: 

This is a team that if they protect their quarterback – with all of those good young receivers and that tailback from Alabama [2015 second-round selection <a class="" href='http://www.jaguars.com/team/roster/tj-yeldon/2a54094d-c41f-4320-846a-af7adbe260b4/' title="T.J. Yeldon">T.J. Yeldon[Image: icon-article-link.gif]</a>] – this is a team that could be good next year.
Quote:It's nice to hear and I think we all believe this team is capable as long as they improve the defense. I hope he's right!
Me too.  I'm tired of my team losing.  I'm tired of reading the board during and after losing seasons. 
Quote:Me too.  I'm tired of my team losing.  I'm tired of reading the board during and after losing seasons. 
I have faith our team is on the up-swing. I also believe picking in the top 5 will soon be in our rear view mirror. 

In the immortal words of one George Michael: You gotta have faith. aith, aith........
If our defense is even decent next year and our offense builds off of last year, I would be pretty disappointed if we didn't get into the playoffs.  You can't have that much offensive production and still be a bottom-feeder

We let a lot of games we should have won get away from us this last year. That would have most likely put us in the playoffs. So, it's not as far-fetched as some would think. However, it all depends on our defense this year. If we can make leaps and bounds like the offense did last year, then it could happen!

GO JAGS!!

The fact that we actually have an offense that scores points is a major accomplishment.

Mayock has said this in the past and has been a bit off. I think we are all willing to now say prove it instead of buying in to the hype.
Quote:Mayock has said this in the past and has been a bit off. I think we are all willing to now say prove it instead of buying in to the hype.
You have a quote or link to this?

I don't recall him saying it.

Not to say that he hasn't.  Not to say he hasn't been high on a player or team and been wrong.

But I would appreciate a link or something showing him being high on Jacksonville before.\-at least in the Bradley/Caldwell era.
[Image: GusBradley.jpg]

When you've been as bad as we have the last 8 years, stuff like this almost feels akin to a playoff win.
Playoffs.............. playoffs.................... did someone say PLAYOFFS?

Quote:Playoffs.............. playoffs.................... did someone say PLAYOFFS?

Yes, if you had read the subject title you would have known that it was in fact Mike Mayock that said playoffs.

/JayDubImpression
Defense has a long way to go for us to be a true playoff contender. The AFCS is weak, but ultimately, we can't have the worst defense in the division and expect to win many divisional games.
Quote:Yes, if you had read the subject title you would have known that it was in fact Mike Mayock that said playoffs.

/JayDubImpression
hahaha

That's pretty spot on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5