Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Predict Jags under/over win total for next year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Vegas set the Jags chances to win the SB at 50-1. This is before free agency and draft  moves. While this may not seem that great, it is far from the worst odds especially considering where we were at a year ago. I believe this is a prelude to Vegas releasing an over/under line of 8 wins next year.

For arguments sake, lets just assume we sign and draft the following:

-Malik Jackson DT

-Trumaine Johnson CB

-Tashaun Gipson FS

-Kelechi Osemele LG

-Noah Spence EDGE

-Darron Lee LB

-Paul Perkins RB

Is 50-1 better, worse or the same from last year?
Impossible to guess without knowing the offseason moves. 

Quote:Impossible to guess without knowing the offseason moves. 
Updating the OP to provide this.
I'd say over 8.5 with that offseason haul.

Because Paul Perkins will be an important addition.....
Before free agency and the draft.......?

I vote corn.

Corn
You have to look at the facts and stats of Gus Bradley's Head Coaching Career.

2013 -  4 wins - 12 losses

2014 -  3 wins - 13 lost

2015 -  5 wins * - 11 lost  (one win against the Ravens the NFL said Gus should have lost but the referees messed up thus only 4 wins)

-----------------------------------

12 wins - 36 lost   .250% 

On average he wins 4 wins a season (if you take that ravens win away really .229% or 3.666 wins (basically 3 wins and a tie on average)

Either way its a proven losing record....  I guess you would round up to make it 4 either way due to the average of ties being low...

It would be easy to guess 4 wins in 2016 or 3 with the trend being 4-3-4-3 (if you didnt count the ravens)...

however with the pressure on him this year, better staff (since rebuild) I think 6 is the logic answer (no bias involved, being a fan I want to say 11 wins and playoff birth by owning the AFC South but I have to use my brain & not my heart).

so long story short I say 6 wins...

Took a shot at 5.5.
I think we're better next year.  6-10.  

Quote:Because Paul Perkins will be an important addition.....
When Yeldon gets hurt and is out multiple weeks he will be a very important addition.
Pretty sure the Jags have been as much as 200-1 in recent years. I imagine Vegas setting the over/under line at 7.5 next year
Quote:When Yeldon gets hurt and is out multiple weeks he will be a very important addition.
[Image: memeb64c38e01c6916fa.jpg]
6 wins which is improvement should be good enough for a long term extension for Bradley

So you're saying there is no way the currently injured Yeldon is going to get injured next year and therefore a backup that can carry the load is not important because the backups we have already are great? ok.

Quote:6 wins which is improvement should be good enough for a long term extension for Bradley
If we're not at least 8-8 he is gone.

Quote:So you're saying there is no way the currently injured Yeldon is going to get injured next year and therefore a backup that can carry the load is not important because the backups we have already are great? ok.

Yeah. That's exactly what I said.  

No, Shari Lewis, that's not what I said.

I said inventing fictional scenarios as well as their fictional outcomes is stupid.  But not quite as stupid as you thinking you know how every draft prospect will succeed or fail in the NFL.  
What's stupid is coming into a thread that is literally based around hypotheticals and then complaining about it. Stay out of the thread then.

Quote:What's stupid is coming into a thread that is literally based around hypotheticals and then complaining about it. Stay out of the thread then.

Asserting that Yeldon will miss multiple games due to injury seemed ridiculous to me.  I initially was just having a bit of fun about it, but if you are going to put a giant run-on sentence worth of words in my mouth, then I'll continue.  So I did. 

I think the Jags can win 8 in your scenario, BTW, and I don't think they'll  need to take a RB  before the fifth round to do it. Do you think Perkins goes in the fourth? 

The way I worded the sentence may have led you to believe I was speaking in absolutes. I'm not saying he is definitely going to get injured but there is a very good chance of it and even then you don't want to leave it to chance.

Pages: 1 2 3 4