Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Netflix Binging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Name you Netflix (or other TV) binges ....

Auschwitz (6 episode series)-- this was last weekend.

Narcos

House of Cards

Rewatching Breaking Bad

F is for Family

The Twilight Zone
I don't typically binge watch much. Last time I did it was Sons of Anarchy.
Watched all 3 seasons of Vikings recently. Will be rough watching only one a week now.
Dexter

Breaking Bad

Mad Men

Game of Thrones

Were all binge watched

I recently finished Broadchurch, Longmire before that. And, of course, Making of a Murderer.

Better Call Saul was just released on Netflix, a must-see for any Breaking Bad fan who missed the premier season.

Making A Murderer was the last one. Started the last season of Continuum tonight.

There are a couple of British shows I have in the list that my husband doesn't care to watch. They're easy to binge short term since the seasons are so short. The most recent were Broadchurch and River. I love Stellan Skarsgaard and David Tennant.
Quote:I recently finished Broadchurch, Longmire before that. And, of course, Making of a Murderer.

Better Call Saul was just released on Netflix, a must-see for any Breaking Bad fan who missed the premier season.

Broadchurch and Making A Murderer were the last two for me.

It doesn't lend itself to binge watching since it ran so long, but my dad always told me to watch MASH and I'm finally getting to it.
Quote:Name you Netflix (or other TV) binges ....

Auschwitz (6 episode series)-- this was last weekend.

Narcos

House of Cards

How was Auschwitz? I went to Dachau when I lived in Germany and never wanted to see something like that again. Since seeing that place I have a hard time watching anything involving concentration camps. It was such a....... I don't have the words to describe it.
Quote:Broadchurch and Making A Murderer were the last two for me.

It doesn't lend itself to binge watching since it ran so long, but my dad always told me to watch MASH and I'm finally getting to it.
Just tried to start MASH recently. Got a ways through season one, then meh
Quote:I recently finished Broadchurch, Longmire
before that. And, of course, Making of a Murderer.

How were those two shows?
I started watching Longmire when it was a cable show, so when Netflix revived it, I put that on my binge list.  They've subsequently extended it for 2 more seasons, so the story continues.

House of Cards, Bloodline, and Narcos are all well worth a binge.

We did binge on Making of a Murderer, and it was definitely one of those shows that hooks you in pretty quickly.  The post show activities have certainly been rather interesting.  It's pretty rare that a show on a subscriber service would actually become as newsworthy as this one has in the past couple of months.

Quote:How were those two shows?

I recommend Broadchurch highly  - a few episodes bog down - but it's engaging. 

Longmire is entertaining.  I like the lead actor, but it has a bit of a "Thunderheart had a [BAD WORD REMOVED] child with NCIS" feel to it.  I continue to watch it - but I occasionally make weird faces at my television.  

Hinterland is another "across the pond" series I dig.  Welsh detective drama. Pretty good. Second season coming soon I think. Looking forward to its release. 

Daredevil is good and Jessica Jones is solid

I binged on xfiles last year, though I only got to season 7 before I burnt out. 

Quote:I started watching Longmire when it was a cable show, so when Netflix revived it, I put that on my binge list.  They've subsequently extended it for 2 more seasons, so the story continues.

House of Cards, Bloodline, and Narcos are all well worth a binge.

We did binge on Making of a Murderer, and it was definitely one of those shows that hooks you in pretty quickly.  The post show activities have certainly been rather interesting.  It's pretty rare that a show on a subscriber service would actually become as newsworthy as this one has in the past couple of months.
I think a lot of it has to do with the absurdity of the whole thing. Whether you believe SA is guilty or not, the miscarriage of justice for him and BD is just appalling. SA's lawyer, Dean Strang was asked in an interview in December if he thought SA was innocent and he said he honestly didn't know but he didn't get a fair trial for sure. 

I think that's something that the show was trying to point out whether it meant to or not. That the justice system completely failed SA and BD whether they are guilty or not and it made a lot of people talk. That's the mark of a telling story. If it gets you to thinking and talking about the subject. So much TV now is so mindless and formulatic (is that a word?) it doesn't take much for it to go in one ear and out the other.

Bloodline is a great show. I think it's way underrated. I don't know where they'll go with the second season but the first was almost perfect by itself. I only want another season because I love the characters and actors. 

I love Longmire. 

I haven't tried Narcos.

Quote:Daredevil is good and Jessica Jones is solid

I binged on xfiles last year, though I only got to season 7 before I burnt out. 
Are you watching the new season of X-Files? Monday night's show was hilarious. A total flashback to some of their more lighthearted episodes. 
Quote:How were those two shows?

Broadchurch is excellent, very engaging. As NYC noted, a few episodes bog down and there are a lot of drawn out, dramatic pauses, but overall well written, well acted and cast perfectly.

Longmire gets a little weird from time to time, but overall pretty entertaining. I'm a sucker for a decent Western.
Quote:Are you watching the new season of X-Files? Monday night's show was hilarious. A total flashback to some of their more lighthearted episodes. 
I haven't been an avid X-Files viewer at all, but I watched that episode and had no idea what to think of it.  I was almost expecting it to be all a dream.  It was funny, but I didn't think the show itself went to that level of humor/absurdity.  
Quote:I don't typically binge watch much. Last time I did it was Sons of Anarchy.
That's what I'm currently watching, though I'm not binge watching it. I only do an episode or two.

Just finished the first season of that.
Quote:Rewatching Breaking Bad

F is for Family

The Twilight Zone
Watching for the first time Breaking Bad. LOVE IT so far
Pages: 1 2 3