Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Did Cam Newton really need to dive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
On the play where it was a designed QB sweep right. I think Cam simply wanted to put a little extra in the run by diving over his lineman that was blocking all the way to the endzone.

It's almost like he wanted to go home and watch himself on sportscaster and win top plays. Or the 1 on FS1.

Then he literally celebrated for almost a full minute.
I'm thinking about a vacation and need some help.. Which is the better spot?

San Diego or San Francisco?
Does this really need to go in this forum?

Did you really need to ask in a Jaguars forum?

Cam is a egotistical entertainer, that loves to watch his own highlights.  Expect no less than the dive.

Quote:Did you really need to ask in a Jaguars forum?

If the question gives you the fits because of where its posted, I'm all for it..
Quote:Cam is a egotistical entertainer, that loves to watch his own highlights. Expect no less than the dive.

I completely agree. All the showmanship is getting out of control. The winking at the camera and the diving across the goal line.

The greats don't do all that.
YOU MAD

dumb thread is gonna dumb

Quote:I completely agree. All the showmanship is getting out of control. The winking at the camera and the diving across the goal line.

The truly great redefine great.

Get back to me in 10 years.
Quote:The truly great redefine great.

Get back to me in 10 years.

This
I am an old and getting older man.  I don't like Twitter, SnapCrap or social media in general.  This stuff isn't for me.  I'm more of the Emmit Smith hand the ball to the ref deal.  But hey that is get off my lawn me.

I have no problem with that play. Cam just having fun. Lighten up.
People go on about Cams antics like a bunch of old women doing the washing.
Quote:If the question gives you the fits because of where its posted, I'm all for it..
Quote:Cam is a egotistical entertainer, that loves to watch his own highlights.  Expect no less than the dive.

Quote:I completely agree. All the showmanship is getting out of control. The winking at the camera and the diving across the goal line.

So what's the difference between Brett Favre running around like a chicken with his head cut off after a score, Rodgers doing the discount double check thing, and Cam Newton?  Favre was lauded as having a child like enthusiasm for the game when he did that.  Why can't Newton be the same?  Why does Newton have to be symbolic of something that is wrong in sports?

Signed,

Messrs.  Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders, John Riggins, Joe Namath, Ted Hendricks, et al.
Considering football is first and foremost a GAME, why shouldn't they have fun??
He didnt have too but why not have a little fun?
Anybody ever see that Simpson's episode where they discussed why Homer's Mother left Abe?

Seems applicable here.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5