Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Are you ever embarrassed to go around telling people that you are a Jags fan?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Especially if you live outside of Jacksonville in places which have other NFL teams? for me personally, it's been mixed. I've gotten a lot of flak from people for being a Jags fan, but there are also others who admire my hometown loyalty, and the fact that I'm standing behind my team. I'm interested in reading about other people's experiences.

Nope. I have no problems with it.. I like the sympathetic attention..
No. I find the idea of it to be preposterous. We don't have any impact on how the team performs. Why would one possibly be embarrassed?

Never.

Suffering through drought is a reality for true fans everywhere. The people that get it respect it. The others can kick rocks.
Living in Nebraska most people usually so "who"

I'm proud to say I'm a Jags fan. 

Usually, if the people i am speaking with are knowledgeable sports fans, they admire the loyalty to a bad team. Yes they will ask "Why". But my answer usually has them saying, "Oh yeah, they were good in the 90's".  

If someone gives me [BLEEP] for being a jags fan, they clearly are not real sports fans and don't understand how to pick team other than winners. Those are the fans that cant name their own teams starting line-up or even their own OC's or DC's.
I wear my Jag hear whenever I travel. Not embarrassed.
I live in texas currently and there are people out here who think we will be a top AFC team pretty soon. They say "y'all have good wideouts and a good qb y'all just need a defense" lol. Seriously though the perception of the jags to the people I have talked to is actually very favorable. They also tell me that it sucks we lost our first rounder.
No, wear lots of Jags gear. I like when people know you are not a bandwagon jumper and stick with your team through the hard years
Nope.

No embarrassment for me. Living in southern california I love being a jags fan.

Cant wait for neXt year.

1 of the parents of 1 my daughters soccer teammates is a proud colts fan.

LEMME TELL U HOW GOOD THIS WAS.....

The week before our game i dreaded sEeing him at soccer practices and the Saturday game.

He has all the coolest colts clothes available and brags his butt off....

I have a jags hat. lol.

LEMME TELL YOU HOW GOOD IT WAS TO SEE HIM AFTER WE PUT UP A 50 POUNDER ON THE COLTS...

IT

WAS

GOOOOOOOOOOD.

after heckling e non stop for 3 months....

he said nothing related to football....

so finally i said to him....

" were gonna take the AFC SOUTH NEXT YEAR"

He says nothing....just shakes his head no
No. Nobody cares about football in France. They don't even know who the Jags are.

Not as embarrassed as I would be if I was a fair weather fan of a successful team.
I'm embarrassed by embarrassed fans.
Not embarrassed at all.  I always get mad when people are like "Oh yeah, I forgot that was an NFL team".  Not embarrassed though.  Just makes me roll my eyes and think "Idiot." 

Quote:I wear my Jag hear whenever I travel. Not embarrassed.

Same. I took my shirt to San Diego and wore it to a Padres game. I got the "Jaguars?!" comments lol. Not bc I was at a baseball game but bc I was a fan of the team. There were some navy guys there that had been stationed in Jacksonville and it was pretty cool to talk to them about the team and the city.
I wore the logo all over Manhattan last weekend.  Most admired the insane dedication....

Not really. Ill normally say if I dont root for them, who will? Either that or I usually jerk their chain when they are from Arkansas or something and say, "Who's Arkansas' pro team again?"

Jags have sucked for a while now, but we are one of a very exclusive 32 member fraternity.
In the North East there are so many teams in close proximity that everyone is used to insulting you when they ask what team you follow, so it is fun watching them not be able to say anything because they are expecting Redskins/Eagles/Steelers/Giants/Ravens or Cowboys/Patriots.
Quote:In the North East there are so many teams in close proximity that everyone is used to insulting you when they ask what team you follow, so it is fun watching them not be able to say anything because they are expecting Redskins/Eagles/Steelers/Giants/Ravens or Cowboys/Patriots.

This
Quote:I live in texas currently and there are people out here who think we will be a top AFC team pretty soon. They say "y'all have good wideouts and a good qb y'all just need a defense" lol. Seriously though the perception of the jags to the people I have talked to is actually very favorable. They also tell me that it sucks we lost our first rounder.

Same I'm in Dallas now and people respect the QB and see the potential.  I ask them in return if they appreciate Tony Romo now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6