Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official AFC Championship Game Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
The Denver Broncos host the New England Patriots on Sunday at 3:00 ET on CBS. The winner will play in Super Bowl 50. The two teams last met in Week 12. The Broncos won that game in overtime. This game will feature Peyton Manning vs. Tom Brady, unlike the last time when Brock Osweiler had to start for Denver. GO BRONCOS!

This game will be interesting. I won't be shocked if it goes to OT, and I won't be shocked if NE blows them out of the water. 

With PM not being 100%, I can just see BB baiting him into some throws that will lead to pick 6's.

Manning looks washed, I'd actually be more concerned about NE facing Oswieller.
Osweiler ain't scared.... first career start is a come from behind OT win against the cheatriots

- from ESPN game recap Nov 30, 2015

"Filling in for Peyton Manning. Facing Tom Brady -- and a two-touchdown deficit in the fourth quarter.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">None of it bothered Brock Osweiler.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">The 25-year-old quarterback making his first career start in Denver felt right at home in the snow globe that was Sports Authority Field on Sunday night, where the Broncos handed the New England Patriots their first loss, 30-24 in overtime."

Go Broncos!

Doesn't feel like the Broncos have the firepower to keep up in this one
Quote:Doesn't feel like the Broncos have the firepower to keep up in this one

Likewise, but I live in hope.
Quote:Doesn't feel like the Broncos have the firepower to keep up in this one

I Imagine they'll try to establish a strong running game similar to the last time they played.

Broncos will likely attempt to:

- Run the ball

- Keep the clock moving

- Limit the number of possessions for Brady

- Keep it a "shortened" game

If they don't do this, the Patriots will likely win fairly easy IMO.
One thing to keep in mind is LeGarrette Blount will not play in this game. The Patriots are one-dimensional with James White and Steven Jackson replacing him.

Quote:One thing to keep in mind is LeGarrette Blount will not play in this game. The Patriots are one-dimensional with James White and Steven Jackson replacing him.
If you are replying to my above post, I meant to say that the Broncos will be the team trying to establish the strong running game, not the Patriots.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Quote:If you are replying to my above post, I meant to say that the Broncos will be the team trying to establish the strong running game, not the Patriots.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I was not replying to that post, just stating a fact. The Broncos have an established run game with C.J. Anderson and Ronnie Hillman splitting carries.
Quote:I was not replying to that post, just stating a fact. The Broncos have an established run game with C.J. Anderson and Ronnie Hillman splitting carries.

Okay, sorry.

I think the Broncos will likely attempt to be a run heavy offense for this game in particular. They should do that anyway, IMO.

Keep the clock running and limit the amount of opportunities for Brady to have the ball.
Quote:Okay, sorry.

I think the Broncos will likely attempt to be a run heavy offense for this game in particular. They should do that anyway, IMO.

Keep the clock running and limit the amount of opportunities for Brady to have the ball.

Yep, the Broncos definitely need to be clock eaters. But they need a balanced attack to get in the end zone.
Does anybody see an upset coming tomorrow? I don't think it will happen but there is always hope.

I actually have money on the Broncos, but don't get too excited because the original bet was that New England wouldn't make it to the superbowl. KC wasn't much of a challenge, I'm hoping Peyton has 1 more game in that dead arm of his.
I'm sorry but Go Patriots!

I wanted the Chiefs to win last week simply because I wanted to see new blood in the playoffs.  That didn't happen and now I'm all in (AFC wise) on the Patriots.  I hope they win, by a lot, and continue to stick it to Goodell for what ended up being the joke that was "Deflategate" and all the nonsense it brought with it.

Quote:I'm sorry but Go Patriots!

I wanted the Chiefs to win last week simply because I wanted to see new blood in the playoffs. That didn't happen and now I'm all in (AFC wise) on the Patriots. I hope they win, by a lot, and continue to stick it to Goodell for what ended up being the joke that was "Deflategate" and all the nonsense it brought with it.

You can't have it both ways. If you don't seeing New England play in the Super Bowl, you certainly don't want the Patriots to win tomorrow.
Quote:You can't have it both ways. If you don't seeing New England play in the Super Bowl, you certainly don't want the Patriots to win tomorrow.

I do want them in the Super Bowl and I do want them to win tomorrow.
Only way Broncos win is through defensive scores
Quote:I do want them in the Super Bowl and I do want them to win tomorrow.

So why did you start your post with a comment about wanting the Chiefs to win just to have new blood in the playoffs?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16