Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What positions need to be replaced to make the playoffs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
1.  Leo/ DE pass rusher       -       With Fowler coming back I think we have this on the roster although we need to get another pass rusher through FA or the draft for opposite     Fowler in pass rushing situations

2. SS                                   -        I think Cyp has passed Evans for the worst player in the secondary.  With Sample coming back im hoping this position is also on the roster

3. LT                                   -         I really didnt want to give up on the Joke but at this point he clearly isnt the answer.  Hopefully Dave will open his check book for Cordy Glen

4. FS                                   -        Evans has gotten better over the last few years but he could def. be upgraded as well.  Would love Eric Berry but if he resigns I hope we can get we can get Weddle or Gipson and if we cant get none of the 3 in FA Ramsey would be high on my draft board

5  Number 1 corner             -         House is a good number 2 corner and Colvin is a good nickel CB.  Hargreaves would be high on my draft board if Dave dont bring in a FA that can cover number 1 WRs

6. MLB                                -          Poz is getteing old and is a big liability in pass defense.  Need more speed at that posiiton

7.  C                                   -           Wiz is an ok center and Bowanko is on the bench but this position needs to be upgraded as well with a center who open up holes in the run game as well as protect Bortles in the passing game

8.  K                                   -            We all know we need a new kicker that can make extra points auto

9  Pass rusher                   -             Need more pass rushers

10. Otto / OLB                    -            Skuta is decent but he can also be upgraded to make this defense better

You keep bringing up Glenn. He's not hitting the market.

1- HC

2- DE

3- LB

4- LT

5- LG

6- C

7- LB

8- CB

9- K

10- FS

11- SS

12- DC

13- STC

Quote:You keep bringing up Glenn. He's not hitting the market.
Link?
With the Bills cutting Mario Williams, I see no way Glenn hits the open market.

I'd love to see him here, but I don't see it happening at this point.

We need minimum two pass rushers, a LT, a DT, two DBs, and a LB.

HC

LT

DE

FS

SS
Quote:1- HC

2- DE

3- LB

4- LT

5- LG

6- C

7- LB

8- CB

9- K

10- FS

11- SS

12- DC

13- STC
I thought Cann played solid this year and Linder is our best lineman.  Not sure why you have LG at 5
HC

HC

HC 

LT

DE

DE

1. LOT ....Joeckel is a failure and position is too critical.

2. DE ....need a DE to get a pass rush opposite of Fowler; Odrick is too one-dimensional for my tastes.

3. FS ....lacking a ball hawking center fielder with speed.

4. LB ....Skuta had some moments but not consistent enough for the important Otto role in this scheme.

5. LB ....Good tackler but Poz is too slow in the middle in this pass happy league.

6. OC ....Wis is a weakness that could be significantly upgraded.

7. K ....Meyer has a big leg but accuracy/consistency is a killer.

8. CB ....A quality 3rd corner is needed to join House and Colvin.

9. DE ....need a productive rotation and backup to Fowler

10. SS ....not written Cyprien or Sample off completely as yet, but if a good one is available just in case.

Honorable Mention: QB ...not a Henne fan with him being one snap away from the starter role. 

Quote:I thought Cann played solid this year and Linder is our best lineman.  Not sure why you have LG at 5

I'll agree with that :thumbsup:
HC
HC

OC

DC

Center

LT

Pass rusher

FS

LB

LB

SS
DE - Fowler may well be the guy, but given his injury status and lack of proven ability, a mid-tier free agent signing is almost mandatory here. Clemons and Branch can go.

G/C - I'm not willing to give up on Joeckel because, aside from today, he showed improvement throughout the year and is at least a competent left tackle. Beadles is crap and Wiz, while not horrible, isn't the answer. Their replacements may already be on the roster in the form of Cann and Bowanko.

FS - We've screwed around with slow players that have the instincts of a dead raccoon at free safety long enough. If Bradley's scheme is going to work, it's going to need an actual free safety, not Josh Evans or Sergio Brown or James Sample playing out of position. A good free safety would completely change the look of that back seven. Cyprien wouldn't be forced to play single-high, which he's not suited for at all, the corners could handle more man-to-man instead of having to play Babich's idiot zone...it would genuinely just change the face of the defense. Screw the order I wrote these down in--this is the single biggest need for this team to fill in the offseason.

SLB/OTTO - Call it what it is. It's a 3-4 OLB. Go find a 3-4 OLB. Skuta's a good stopgap, but he's not exactly an impact pass rusher. I kind of figured we'd draft an OTTO this past year and let him watch and learn. Didn't happen, so this becomes a priority.

P - Anger's not horrible, but there are plenty of better, cheaper punters out there waiting to be found.

K - 24-of-38 has earned the right to return to camp over the last couple of weeks--but he hasn't earned his name back yet. If the right veteran hit the market, I'd be all for adding him to the roster. I don't think we should be wasting draft picks on kickers.

Honorable mention: Head coach and defensive coordinator. Seriously, if Babich keeps his job, it's a sign that Gus just has zero [BLEEP] to give.

Not enough draft picks and salary cap space to fix all these flaws...
This will be a minimalist list, to reach 10 wins imo.

FS- A guy with range so Cyp can play up a lot more.

DL- We need at least 2 more rushers with their hand on the ground, inside or out.

LB- ILB is a real issue, Skuta and Smith will work in 2016, but Poz is old and slow, we need more speed everywhere.

LT- This is our only real weakness along the line to me, when healthy. Yes, Wiz had some bozo snaps, but he has been serviceable.

CB - We need speed all over this defense and it wouldn't hurt to get some more speed here either. Get a quality starter and let House play the other side.

This about does it for me to get to 10 wins, assuming Blake and the Offense continue to grow and turn into a top 10 Offense next year and are more aggressive early in games to jump out to leads. So 6 guys? Not a tall order if you really think about it. Go OT in FA or draft 1st round, then all defense everywhere else and get some damn speed on D!

No particular order:

LT - Joeckel is too weak physically. Not sure how to address this, not willing to spend a #1 pick on a guy like Stanley, especially with all the defensive problems.

C - Mack would be a good FA addition if he comes cheap enough. Wiz seems to be a poor drive/run blocker

DE - Vernon would be a good addition in FA. Need another pass rusher or two off the edge other than Fowler

CB - Could use a starting outside corner. Colvin seems to do better in the slot. Trumaine Johnson would be a good FA pick up

Otto/Sam LB - Skuta imo is a solid back up but not a starter, especially in this system. Myles Jack might fit in here. Would seem to be a very important position in this system

FS - Obviously a huge need. Ramsey would be a fine pick, but I'm not willing to leave this position unaddressed hoping that Ramsey will be available. Gipson, Berry, or Nelson would all be good FA choices.

Note: With Woodson retiring expect the Raiders to have a FS as a top priority as well

P - How much will Anger want?? I am not one to overpay a punter

K - At the very least competition needs to be brought in for Myers

MLB - Poz still has a year or two left. But he isn't getting any younger and is a liability in coverage. Jaylon Smith in round two or trading back up into round one for him should be considered imo

Swing Tackle - Mid round pick maybe or perhaps FA but Young should be gone
DE

LT

SS

K

LB
Quote:1- HC

2- DE

3- LB

4- LT

5- LG

6- C

7- LB

8- CB

9- K

10- FS

11- SS

12- DC

13- STC

HA !!!

We finally fixed the QB-WR-TE Positions but managed to screw everything else up in the process.
DE

FS

CB

C

LT

K

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6