Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tanking for #3 (Draft Pick)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Always a controversial topic of discussion AND I KNOW IT WILL NOT HAPPEN, however, does anyone other than me believe it to be in the best long term interest of this organization to lose this weekend in attempt to secure a potential #3 draft pick (in rounds 1-7) in April 2016?  From what I understand, we will be selecting within the #3 to #7 range pending the outcomes of the games this weekend.  As you may recall, the Bucs pulled their starters in the 2nd half last season to secure the #1 pick as they were actually beating the Saints by 14 points in that game.  The Titans came away with the #2 pick as a result of the Bucs 2nd half tank job.

Let's also not forget that a higher draft pick does not only impact Round 1 but it can almost be as equally critical in Rounds 2, 3, & 4 when players start slipping down in the draft for one reason or another.

For Gus, I realize 6 wins sound a lot better than 5 (and there is a ficticious belief that a win is building momentum for the following season) so I'm not questioning whether the organization would consider tanking .... sometimes it just comes natural -- HA !!

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIENDS  ..... POSTING THIS A FEW DAYS EARLY JUST IN CASE THIS MESSAGE BOARD GETS HACKED BY ISIS AGAIN THIS WEEK !!!

I am not a tank guy and I don't believe teams, let alone 54 individual professionals would ever purposely lose a game.

That being said, I will be absolutely fine if Blake throws for 400 yards and 5 TD's in a losing effort.

I'm on board but won't happen. I think aside from Houston winning we also needs dolphins over pats, san Diego over Denver, Dallas over Washington (doable) and San Francisco over St. Louis.

If the Jaguars lose Sunday I say 5th pick at best
With this defense I'd be surprised if we beat the Texans while trying. We'll probably ball out on offense and put up 28 points or something but the D will let Hopkins put up monster numbers again.

I think if you want the number 3 pick you'll be better focusing on the other teams playing around that spot on Sunday.

Have you looked at this week's "injury" report?

We're tanking.
We dont have to tank, we will probably lose anyway.
Players to sit...

Telvin, bb5, the Allen brothers....

No need to risk injury in a meaningless game
Why do you think Kahn came out with the announcement that Bradley was being retained now instead of after the Sunday game........Kahn knows we're gonna tank, in fact he may have demanded it.

They aren't tanking. They just don't see the point in risking injury to star players in a meaningless game.

#Jaguars injuries: DNP: Clemons, Hurns, Jones, Miller, Parnell, Yeldon, Telvin. ... Limited -- Pullard/Alualu/Odrick/A-Rob/McCray/Cyprien

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/682278191696900098'>https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/682278191696900098</a>
Quote:Why do you think Kahn came out with the announcement that Bradley was being retained now instead of after the Sunday game........Kahn knows we're gonna tank, in fact he may have demanded it.

Bingo. I was thinking this same thing when I heard the news. Wish I would have said this before you just did!
I wish robert nkemdiche wasnt a drug head, that would push Bosa to us, LT's, QBs and robert nkemdiche go and then we get Bosa.

Or we pick him, now i'm scared of him too big of a risk hat high at this point

But we will still get a great player from 3-7

Hargreaves, Ramsey, Bosa, Jaylon Smith one of thos 4 has to be there

I hate the concept of tanking with every fiber of my being. The only thing i would hate more would be to see jalen ramsey in another teams jersey.
No way we tank. I would like to see Lee and Gray get more time though
No. Always win.
This team doesnt have to intentionally tank in order to lose. 

Quote:No. Always win.

But the season is over. Why risk a Marks-like injury to a core player like bb5, the Allen brothers, telvin Smith, etc?

It's not tanking, it's protecting the core for next season, in my book.

I hate tanking too, but I don't see protecting those guys as tanking
Quote:Always a controversial topic of discussion AND I KNOW IT WILL NOT HAPPEN, however, does anyone other than me believe it to be in the best long term interest of this organization to lose this weekend in attempt to secure a potential #3 draft pick (in rounds 1-7) in April 2016?  From what I understand, we will be selecting within the #3 to #7 range pending the outcomes of the games this weekend.  As you may recall, the Bucs pulled their starters in the 2nd half last season to secure the #1 pick as they were actually beating the Saints by 14 points in that game.  The Titans came away with the #2 pick as a result of the Bucs 2nd half tank job.

Let's also not forget that a higher draft pick does not only impact Round 1 but it can almost be as equally critical in Rounds 2, 3, & 4 when players start slipping down in the draft for one reason or another.

For Gus, I realize 6 wins sound a lot better than 5 (and there is a ficticious belief that a win is building momentum for the following season) so I'm not questioning whether the organization would consider tanking .... sometimes it just comes natural -- HA !!

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIENDS  ..... POSTING THIS A FEW DAYS EARLY JUST IN CASE THIS MESSAGE BOARD GETS HACKED BY ISIS AGAIN THIS WEEK !!!
the team is already tanking. they quit playing since beating the colts. they are happy with a 5-11 record. they have no pride,and no heart now on sundays. 
Quote:But the season is over. Why risk a Marks-like injury to a core player like bb5, the Allen brothers, telvin Smith, etc?

It's not tanking, it's protecting the core for next season, in my book.

I hate tanking too, but I don't see protecting those guys as tanking

Wow .... I forgot about Marks getting hurt in week 17 last season.
oh lord... the tank talk....

No we're not tanking....

the tinhorns are just gonna beat us.

it won't be because they tried to lose.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6