Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Greg Olson's future
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
With how hot this offense has been for the majority of the season and with how much he's contributed to Blake Bortles overall development does he become a hot new name as a potential head coaching candidate?
I don't understand why anybody is thinking about this when we are still near the bottom in PPG. Wait until we score touchdowns on most red zone drives. We also need a few more pieces on offense.

Wouldn't Blakes development be more of a group effort?  Including the position coach(es)?  
Quote:I don't understand why anybody is thinking about this when we are still near the bottom in PPG. Wait until we score touchdowns on most red zone drives. We also need a few more pieces on offense.
Hasn't the team scored TD's in the last 9-10 trips to the red zone?
Quote:Hasn't the team scored TDs in the last 9-10 trips to the red zone?

Three games, two bad teams. What about all of those other games before them?

Quote:Three games, two bad teams. What about all of those other games before them?
actually we are first or second in ppg since week 5. Olson getting other opportunities is a legit concern especially with his prior work with Carr.
Quote:actually we are first or second in ppg since week 5. Olson getting other opportunities is a legit concern especially with his prior work with Carr.

"Since Week 5" is ridiculous. What matters is our ranking for the whole season, starting with the Panthers game.
Quote:Three games, two bad teams. What about all of those other games before them?

The team is 9th overall in points scored. 2nd in the NFL since Week 5. Yeah they suck...
Has anyone run this through Madden yet?

Greg is safe here. He probably has earned a raise but hopefully we can keep him. 9th over all ppg is awesome for such a young offense. Next year should see us in the top 5.

Babich on the other hand? 31st in points allowed.

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=le...c&colSel=7
Quote:Greg is safe here. He probably has earned a raise but hopefully we can keep him. 9th overall ppg is awesome for such a young offense. Next year should see us in the top 5.

Babich on the other hand? 31st in points allowed.

We can definitely be a top 5 offense with Brandon Linder back, a center who can snap, and T.J. Yeldon not being a rookie. But PPG still won't rank that high without a new kicker.
Quote:We can definitely be a top 5 offense with Brandon Linder back, a center who can snap, and T.J. Yeldon not being a rookie. But PPG still won't rank that high without a new kicker.

Kicker is the least of my concerns. Stop the other team from scoring we wont be worried about extra points. Hell just go for 2. Only have to succeed half the time and still net same points as 10 pats.

I like tj but would like to see more denard as well. He is fast and more north south.
If he can do this next year he will be a HC somewhere for sure.

Maybe Gus will give him a couple extra skoops.
Quote:Kicker is the least of my concerns. Stop the other team from scoring we won't be worried about extra points. Hell just go for 2. Only have to succeed half the time and still net same points as 10 PATs.

I like TJ but would like to see more Denard as well. He is fast and more north south.

The kicker is a big factor in the PPG statistic.

You mean, when the team was gelling with a new OL, an injured TE, an injured RB, and an injured starting RG, all the while trying to learn a new offensive system?

Are those the games you're asking about? Because it would seem that the ole adage of "the best ability is availability" proved true.
Quote:We are at 9 in PPG
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2015&seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&role=TM&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG'>http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2015&seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&role=TM&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG</a>

You with your facts. You should know better than that.
Quote:"Since Week 5" is ridiculous. What matters is our ranking for the whole season, starting with the Panthers game.

Lolololololololololol

Oh my god!!!!!!!
We won't have to worry about losing Greg Olson this offseason but if he continues to develop the offense and the unit continues to show the growth that we've seen this year he could be in line for some HC interview opportunities next year.
Pages: 1 2 3