Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Even though the division has proven to be mediocre overall this year, the upside is that with three weeks remaining in the regular season, three teams, the Clots, Tinhorns, and the good guys, the Jacksonville Jaguars, all have a shot at winning the division and reaching the playoffs.  The loathsome and detestable tacks are in their rightful place at the bottom of the division.  Of the three remaining teams in the division with a pulse, Houston boasts the best defense, with all everything DE J.J. Watt leading the way, with a possibly resurgent Jadeveon Clowney beginning to make some impact.  The Clots, meanwhile, have the look of a team in freefall.  They are down to their third string QB, have given up NINETY SIX (96) points the past two weeks, losing both by a combined SEVENTY (70) points.  There is open talk of Pagano being fired at the end of the season.  However, the analysts are beginning to make the Jaguars the trendy pick as the team on the rise due to an explosive offense that has scored 90 points the last two weeks and 115 points over the last three games.  Who will escape with the crown at the end?

The picks...

Houston (6-7)
at Indy (6-7)
-  I hate both of these teams.  I only wish there were a way both of them could lose this week.  However, the Clots are a dead team walking crawling falling down the stretch. Although Luck may try to play,it seems like an iffy proposition at best.  They said he had to completely heal before he came back, and everything coming out of Indy indicates he isn't 100%.  Even if he were to come back, you couldn't expect him to be sharp after such a long layoff.  With 40 year old Hasselbeck going down against the Jaguars, they are down to the guy derisively known as clipboard Jesus-3rd string QB Charlie Whitehurst-to take on the equally obnoxious Texans.  Now even completely healthy, the Texans don't have a QB, but they, too, are down to their third string QB, T.J. Yates.  But as I mentioned before, the Texans have a defense to contend with.  Since the Colts likely won't play Andrew Luck again this week, and since their defense can't stop anybody, I wonder if they will play with the roof open.  Sub question:  how does the open roof work with the piped in crowd noise?  Texans 24-the rotting carcass that is the Colts-7.

Tennessee (3-10)
at New England (11-2)
-The Patriots have been hit hard by the injury bug.  The latest to go down is sledgehammer RB Legarrette Blount, who will miss the remainder of the year with a hip injury.  But Tom Brady is still upright, and he goes up against a secondary that managed to leave Jets' WR Brandon Marshall completely uncovered, leaving DL Jurrell Casey chasing helplessly but admirably downfield.  The Patriots continue their quest for the Super Bowl.  The loathsome and detestable tacks continue their quest for the top overall pick.  Forget two ships passing in the night.  These two aren't even in the same ocean.  New England 31-Tennessee 10.

Atlanta (6-7)
at Jacksonville (5-8)
-The last time these two teams played in the regular season, it was around the time Shad Khan was announced as the new owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars.  Khan was on the Jaguars sidelines during the nationally televised game where the Falcons, led by Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, and Roddy White, shellacked the Jaguars.  After the game, a Falcons' DB called the Jaguars' WRs "a [BAD WORD REMOVED] joke."  I don't think there is any danger of that happening this time.  Whie Ryan, Jones, and White are still with the Falcons, their offense and their team overall has stalled, losing 6 out of their last seven after an excellent start.  The new offense run by Kyle Shanahan seems a bad fit for Matt Ryan, who, despite being a very good QB, has had a very pedestrian year for his standards.  While Julio Jones is still a stud WR, Roddy White has shown his age and has been phased out of the offense.  Meanwhile the Jaguars offense is just hitting its stride.  Second year QB Blake Bortles has thrown for 30 TDs and 13 INTs this year.  WR Allen Robinson has over 1000 yards receiving and 12 TDs.  Allen Hurns is 137 yards away from reaching 1000, and TE Julius Thomas is showing the impact the Jaguars hoped when they signed him to a big free agent contract,catching TD passes is four straight games.  The Ryan-Jones combo against our vulnerable defense scares me, but I have faith our offense can keep up.  Jaguars win 27-24.

Last week:  2-1

Overall:  25-19

Houston @ Indianapolis Man, I dunno! How is anyone supposed to pick this one?! You've got a Third String QB who, as far as I can tell, has been on the roster since last Saturday and standing behind an Offensive Line that allowed Jacksonville to get three sacks. On top of that, he's either going to be throwing the ball to a guy with a giant fork sticking out of his back (Andre Johnson) or handing it to one who just filed his Social Security claim (Frank Gore). But that ain't all! On the other side, there's yet another third string QB who is manning an Offense that got taken apart piece by piece by Belichik on National television just last week. Then again, the Indianapolis Defense did just give up four touchdowns in a half last week, so maybe he's got a shot. That being said, I think Houston's Defense takes care of this one over the last vestige of the Pagano era. Houston for the win.

All that being said above, I do appreciate Pagano's dignity in his press conference this past week. While I did not see it live, from what I read he came across as having a great perspective on his role. Kudos sir.

Tennessee @ New England This one looks to be tricky with all of the injuries piling up on New England but don't be fooled. Belichik has enough sway and input on the Defense to take apart a bad Offense and he's got the horses to pull it off. Losing Easley won't help much, but I think he's got enough savvy to handle the rambling Mariotas. It's going to be interesting to watch the New England passing attack go against Tom Terrific. As much as I don't like them and am convinced that they smell of a rancid jar of mayonnaise, their Pass Defense is pretty good. Still don't think it'll be enough in Foxborough though. New England takes this one.

Atlanta @ Jacksonville I'm way too anxious about this one. Despite the blowout loss last week to a surging Carolina team, Atlanta has held games close this season. With Poz being limited at best, they will probably try and shove D. Freeman down the field and then let Jones run rampant across the middle of the Defense. And remember, the Jacksonville scheme seems designed to let Pass Catchers run free across the middle. The answer? The pass rush. Get to Ryan early and often and keep him from setting up a deep route to his WRs. Also, if there was ever a game for Julius Thomas and Marqise Lee to blow up, this is it. I went against my homerism last week and it bit me where the Good Lord split me, so I'm going to go back to my old way on this one. Gimme JAX to win.

Last week: 2 - 1

Overall: 24 - 20

Actually they gave up 5 in a half-six if you count punt coverage as defense and not special teams.

I love it.

If Hasselbeck/Luck start give me the Colts over Texans...

If Whitehurst starts give me Texans over Colts....

Patriots over Titans

Falcons over Jags

Quote:If Hasselbeck/Luck start give me the Colts over Texans...

If Whitehurst starts give me Texans over Colts

Patriots over Titans

Falcons over Jags

Nah, come on you sissy! Make a pick! You can always come back and change it.

Quote:Actually they gave up 5 in a half-six if you count punt coverage as defense and not special teams.

I love it.

Was it five?! Ah! You're right! for some reason I didn't count the Hurns TD. Good Lord! They put a number on that Defense!

Quote:Nah, come on you sissy! Make a pick! You can always come back and change it.

Ha that is my pick!

My guess is Luck/Hasselbeck will be questionable (Luck might be out) up until game time. Considering I'll be at the game I won't have time to change it!

So that's my pick depending on who's starting.
Texans over Colts

Patriots over Titans

Falcons over Jags

2-1 last week

20-20 overall
Falcons

Colts

Patriots

2-1 Last week

27-17 Overall

This week's picks:

Jags

Colts

Patriots
Per PFT, Pagano says Luck isn't playing. 
All righty. Crunch time.

Texans over Colts.

Jags over Falcons.

Patriots over Titans.

3-0 laat week.

23-21 on the year.

Hopefully the tacks get pissed next week and take down the Texans.
3-0 Last Week

25-19 Overall

Houston
@ Indianapolis - 
I'm going with Houston here, even though they are the visiting team.  Both teams are fighting for the division championship, both teams are struggling yet Houston has the better defense.

Tennessee @ New England

- These are two teams fighting for two different reasons.  One team for a Super Bowl appearance, the other for the 1st overall pick.  I'll take New England in this "game".

Atlanta @ Jacksonville
- This game has implications for both teams.  The loser of the game is pretty much out of the post-season hunt while the winner is still in it.  Atlanta is fighting for a wildcard berth while the Jaguars are fighting for a divisional championship.  I'll take my Jaguars
in this one.

All of the NFL.com writers have already written off Atlanta even the Falcons are not eliminated yet. I don't know why; they just never mention the Falcons in their articles about the playoffs.

I know I am breaking my own rule here, but...

They have pretty much written off the Falcons because they have lost 5 straight, 6 out of their last 7, have ZERO chance of winning their division this year, are two (2) games behind who currently would be the 6th seed in the NFC, with three games left to play.

While they are one game better than the Jaguars, the Jaguars still have a decent chance of winning the division and making the playoffs.

Texans

Patriots

Jags

Quote:I know I am breaking my own rule here, but...

They have pretty much written off the Falcons because they have lost 5 straight, 6 out of their last 7, have ZERO chance of winning their division this year, are two (2) games behind who currently would be the 6th seed in the NFC, with three games left to play.

While they are one game better than the Jaguars, the Jaguars still have a decent chance of winning the division and making the playoffs.

It is still a slim chance for us because we don't control our own destiny, but the Falcons obviously don't control theirs either.
Going with all home teams.

Colts

Patriots

Jaguars.

Stupid post is deleted.
Jags

texans

pats

This week is clearly one of the kinds of games the Jaguars normally lose, they're great team for other teams to get well against, but I'm predicting what I hope for the future, not what the past has shown us. I'm hoping last week was the corner being turned on the future and from here on out it's 2-3 TDs a week for Bortles as a regular thing with the defense doing enough to make the team competitive.

Quote:All of the NFL.com writers have already written off Atlanta even the Falcons are not eliminated yet. I don't know why; they just never mention the Falcons in their articles about the playoffs.

They have literally plummeted... They have no resemblance of life.
Pages: 1 2 3 4