Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This week in the AFC South-Week 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Last week was disastrous for the Jaguars playoff chances.  The team had won back to back games and three out of the last four, and were only a game out of first heading into week 12.  Then the Jaguars lost.  Then Indy won.  Then the Texans won.  Then everyone else who the Jaguars needed to lose won.  However, given that there are still five weeks left in the regular season, and looking at the schedule this week, there is a faint glimmer of mathematical hope that the good guys will triumph in the end.

As for me, my AFCS prognostication returned to mediocrity as I eked out a 2-2 record.  Here's hoping the Jaguars and I return to winning ways...fast.

This week's picks....

Jacksonville (4-7)
at Tennessee (2-9)
-These two teams just met two weeks ago, with the Jaguars edging the loathsome and detestable tacks 19-13.  The bad news for the Jaguars is WR Allen Hurns is likely to miss the game due to a concussion.  The good news is that TE Julius Thomas is beginning to show signs of becoming the factor the Jaguars hoped he would become.  Neither team is very good, but the proof is in the records.  The Titans are not as good as the Jaguars.  Jaguars win 20-17.

Houston (6-5)
at Buffalo (5-6)
-This is a matchup of two teams who were thought in the preseason to have potentially nasty defenses.  After a disastrous showing early in the year against Miami, the Texans defense has finally started living up to the lofty expectations some had for them.  Buffalo has moved in the opposite direction.  After notching 50 sacks last year, Buffalo is near the bottom in sacks this year, which is the opposite of what you'd expect form a Rex Ryan coached defense with the talent on that side of the ball.  Buffalo fans have to feel like a potentially dominant group is being wasted.  That said, Buffalo offers more offensively than Houston, plus they are at home and still alive in the playoff hunt.  Buffalo wins a tough game 24-20.

Indianapolis (6-5)
at Pittsburgh (6-5)-In what may be a battle of backup QBs, 40 year old Matt Hasselbeck, who is undefeated as Colts' QB this year replacing Andrew Luck, travels to Pukesburgh to take on the Steelers, who may be without concussed QB Ben Roethlisberger.  If Big ben sits out, Pittsburgh will have to go with Landry Jones, who seems to have supplanted Michael Vick as the backup.  Pittsburgh in December has been a tough place to play.  I'm not sure if the Steelers have the defense that made it such for so long, nor am I sure they have the QB to beat the Colts, but I'm going with the Steelers anyway.  Pukesburgh wins 26-23.  Edit:  According to PFT, Big Ben is cleared to practice.  It seems as though he will play. 

Last week:  2-2

Overall:  22-16

Man last week sucked. But, the only option is to move on...

Jacksonville @ Tennessee - Let's just hope the team doesn't get any 'stupid' stuck on them from being in that stadium. Snide remarks aside, that Tennessee Defense is rather stout. And their Offense has a weapon to which our Defense seems particularly susceptible; a productive Tight End. I do feel like Jacksonville has a better roster and a better team in this matchup but this one does worry me. Still, they are coached by Mularkey and that can go a long way towards success! Jacksonville wins this one in Nash-Vegas.

Houston @ Buffalo - My Buffalo hatred from my Miami fandom days is showing here, but I am enjoying watching the Bills fail. I like Tyrod though, and I think he has a shot but the Houston Defense is playing well. They've held their last four opponents under 275 yards total! While it is in Buffalo, and I'm thinking that Houston is Offensively deficient, I'm going with the redheaded stepchildren known as the Texans to take this one.

Indianapolis @ PIttsburgh - Why can't both of these teams lose this game?!?! Not so certain the Pittsburgh Defense is going to be as susceptible to Hasselbeck's Old Man Magic as everyone else, but I've been wrong before. Still, with Ben at the helm Pittsburgh is a tough out. The Squealer's pull this one off.

Last week: 2 - 2

Overall: 21 - 17

This week is pretty tough on me, having to decide to go with what my "heart" wants or what my "mind" thinks will happen regarding the Jags/tacks game.

Jags @ Titans:

I have a bad feeling about this one. Sure, I believe Jax is a better team. And, Jax really must have this game to keep division hopes alive. But,,,

Titans have not won a home game this season. In fact, they've lost 11 straight at home. This futility streak is EERILY SIMILAR to the Bucs home futility streak. Bucs hadn't won at home in a long time, until the Jags came to town.

The game a couple weeks ago was very close, much closer than what I thought it would be. The Titans defense did a good job of stalling the Jags offense multiple times. Jags defense and Special Teams really stepped up big time late in the 4th qtr to propel the Jags to victory.

My prediction: Jags "should" win this. They really need it. But, in true #becausejaguars fashion, the Titans only home win this year will come at Jax' expense, snapping the home losing streak.

Titans win in a close one (although I certainly HOPE not!).

Colts @ Steelers:

Last season in Pitt, the Steelers absolutely throttled the Colts. Big Ben had a ridiculously huge game, throwing for like 6 TDs and hundreds of yards. I expect more of the same, as this game is crucial for the Steelers staying in the AFCN Title race. Although, the way the Colts have kept managing to win games with Hasselbeck playing, it certainly wouldn't shock me if they somehow won this. But I don't expect that at all. Steelers win.

Houston @ Buffalo:

Yeah, Texans defense has been playing lights out recently. However, I don't think they're going into Buffalo and getting a win that the Bills desperately need. Bills win.

Last week 2-2

Overall 22-16

This week's picks:

Titans (ugh, #becausejaguars)

Steelers

Bills

Both Colts and Texans lose, which keeps Jags division hopes alive setting up huge division games against those two for Jax.
2-2 last week

17-17 overall

Titans over Jags

Texans over Bills

Colts over Steelers
3-1 last week.

21-17 overall.

Titans over Jags

Bills over Texans

Steelers over Colts

Last Week 2-2

Overall 20-18

Jaguars @ Titans - My first instinct was that the Jaguars would lose this one.  However, I think that they address the red zone woes and pull off a road win.

Jaguars

Bills

Steelers

Jaguars are the only team that wins this week in the AFC South,

making the Colts & Texans 6-6, Jaguars 5-7, and Titans 2-10

================================================

16-18 overall I missed last week due to being out of town.

Colts over steelers- colts undeafted with hassel as qb

Texans are red hot,and beat the bills. - Texans are red hot right now as hot as the hottest peper  on earth

I said before the season starts Jags would sweep tittians. 

I'm picking jags over tittians, - Jags are a better team then tennsse right now,just need to cure red zone issues. 

Dismal week last week, going 1-3 and putting me at 18-20 on the year.

This week, give me

Jags

Bills

Steelers
Jags

texans

steelers

Quote:Dismal week last week, going 1-3 and putting me at 18-20 on the year.

This week, give me

Jags

Bills

Steelers

We all want that, but do you think it will happen?

Last week was horrible. It virtually killed our playoff hopes.
Quote:We all want that, but do you think it will happen?

Make your picks or GT#O.
Quote:Make your picks or get out.

Jaguars

Steelers

Texans
Jaguars

Bills

Steelers

I'll be updating the standings soon. Before Sunday.
16-22

Jags

Bills

Steelers
So far we have four posters predicting all three games will go the right way for us.

Quote:So far we have four posters predicting all three games will go the right way for us.

Make that five..

Jaguars over Titans  <--Jags win 21-20

Bills over Texans  <------Bills win 16-9

Steelers over Colts  <---Steelers win 27-24

2-2 last week

18-20 overall

Quote:We all want that, but do you think it will happen?

It didn't kill it. It just makes our divisional games even more important. 
Titans

Bills

Steelers

Last Week : 2-2

Overall 19-19

Week # 13 Selections:

Tennessee

Buffalo

Pittsburgh

Pages: 1 2 3