Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What about that Classless call during the Hurns injury?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
San Diego showed 0 class in that challenge.  Hurns goes limp from hitting the ground while San Diego tries to benefit from it with that challenge. 

Yeah, but it backfired on them. The call was upheld.

Quote:San Diego showed 0 class in that challenge.  Hurns goes limp from hitting the ground while San Diego tries to benefit from it with that challenge. 

I thought the challenge itself was stupid because Mike McCoy had five minutes to look at that ball hit the ground. There was nothing to challenge on that play. Wasted timeout.
Injuries happen, you play to win the game.  Would have been huge for them.  I have no problem with it.

Quote:Injuries happen, you play to win the game.  Would have been huge for them.  I have no problem with it.

Did you see anything that looked like the Chargers had a good chance of winning the challenge when the ball clearly hit the ground?
No problem with it. That would of sealed it for them.
I thought it was a good challenge. If it were originally called a interception and we challenged it I don't think it would have been overturned
Oh jeezus.. stop with the classless stuff.. The ball was still in play when Hurns got concussed (at least the head coach thought so).. You play to the whistle in this game.

So, classless?!?

A classless team wouldn't have gathered around in certain areas of the field and taken a knee (some even in prayer) over the injury to Hurns..

I saw nothing wrong with the challenge after Hurns was attended to..
I can't believe this is the second time I've heard this. Once during the game.

Classless? No.
This thread is dum.

Not classless at all.

First of all, many Chargers players were praying and kneeling around Hurns (as a previous poster stated).

Second, it actually looked very close to being an interception. San Diego had a long time to look at it and still thought it was close enough to challenge (as did I).

Third, they play to win the game. If an INT was granted there, SD pretty much seals the win. As it worked out, the Jags scored again and still had a chance at victory with an onside kick attempt. San Diego was right in trying to get that call.

Finally, if the situation were reversed, and the Jags were trying to seal a victory, they would've tried the exact same thing. And I seriously doubt many people would be calling the Jags "classless" if they had done that.
What is classless about it, you play to win, unless Bradley went to the refs and said "we'd like to forefeit the rest of the game" you have to continue to try and win.
As several other posters have said there was nothing classless about it.  He waited until after they checked on Hurns.  Now if he had rushed the field acting like an [BLEEP] trying to throw the flag while Hurns was laying motionless then MAYBE this thread would be necessary.
Most dishonorable thing I've seen in football in a long, long time.
Classless? No, we just didn't benefit from it. This is their livelihood. They get paid in this business and part of the business is injuries. They gave it proper time.

Did I like it? No. Did I expect them to challenge? No. But they should have challenged that.
It pissed me off when it actually happened. I understand them doing it, and probably would have wanted us to do it if it was reversed. But with the emotion of the game and seeing our guy hurt and them trying to drive the knife deeper struck a nerve.
Quote:San Diego showed 0 class in that challenge.  Hurns goes limp from hitting the ground while San Diego tries to benefit from it with that challenge. 
I couldn't disagree more. This is a game, and these guys get paid lots of money to win. If they think they could win the challenge, then do it.
I looked at the replay on the video boards, and it looked like an interception to me.   Hurns never caught the ball and it looked like it never hit the ground either.   So, interception.   I was surprised when they ruled it not an interception. 

No problem with the call.
Was definitely a classless call. I was disgusted with it I would hate if Gus tried to point that out.

0 respect for Hurns either, let me just ask if he had suffered a serious injury and could never play again, if that had been overturned his last play would of been causing an int.

I agree with playing to win, but winning by any means necessary I do not agree with.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5