Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sooooo...is this terrorism? - merged
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The suspect is "contained" in one part of the building and has reportedly planted propane tanks around the building. The situation is ongoing.

No, this is a person defending the right to life by trying to kill people.

I would call it an act of domestic terrorism

Quote:No, this is a person defending the right to life by trying to kill people.
Oh boy the political mudslinging has begun. We still do not know the full details of why this man attacked the clinic, and what his possible motivations were. For all we know he could just be a disgruntled doctor or employee with an axe to grind. The traps that he laid for police around the building, along with his barricade- imply that he must have had knowledge of the building's interior beforehand; but this is just my opinion.

The first thing that popped into my head was an act of terrorism.. 

Yes its a form of terrorism

I won't condone his actions but I can say I understand his actions. Which is an odd moment for me as I realize how "moderate muslims" feel about jihadist.

Quote:Yes its a form of terrorism
But Obama might just call this: "workplace violence".
Quote:Oh boy the political mudslinging has begun. We still do not know the full details of why this man attacked the clinic, and what his possible motivations were. For all we know he could just be a disgruntled doctor or employee with an axe to grind. The traps that he laid for police around the building, along with his barricade- imply that he must have had knowledge of the building's interior beforehand; but this is just my opinion.

My apologies, you're right, there's no way an attack on Planned Parenthood might have political implications.
Quote:But Obama might just call this: "workplace violence".

Wait, what? Now who's getting into some political mudslinging?
Quote:My apologies, you're right, there's no way an attack on Planned Parenthood might have political implications.
I fully expect it to be an anti-abortion attack
Here's a thought if Jews had used terrorism against the nazis would it still have been called terrorism?

Is it terrorism only if the target is civilian?
Quote:Here's a thought if Jews had used terrorism against the nazis would it still have been called terrorism?

Is it terrorism only if the target is civilian?

It's all in perspective, I guess. Israel responds to suicide bombers/attackers who target civilians, clearly terrorism, by firing missiles into civilian territories. They know civilians are there, but when they kill them it's called collateral damage because they claim to be targeting combatants..
Quote:It's all in perspective, I guess. Israel responds to suicide bombers/attackers who target civilians, clearly terrorism, by firing missiles into civilian territories. They know civilians are there, but when they kill them it's called collateral damage because they claim to be targeting combatants..

In there is the truth of it, one mans terrorist is another freedom fighter. Doesn't take long to think of scenario where anyone of us could justify what someone else would call terrorism. 
False flag operation.
Quote:False flag operation.

why do you say that? I haven't read anything suggesting it's a false flag yet?

ANNNNDDDDDD there it is 
Quote:Oh boy the political mudslinging has begun. We still do not know the full details of why this man attacked the clinic, and what his possible motivations were. For all we know he could just be a disgruntled doctor or employee with an axe to grind. The traps that he laid for police around the building, along with his barricade- imply that he must have had knowledge of the building's interior beforehand; but this is just my opinion.
Funny, I don't recall anyone on this board ever saying anything like that when it was a brown-skinned guy holding the gun.

I knew someone on this board would go there, but bleep bleep it, I'm annoyed that it was you.

Source confirms ID of suspect in Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooting, 3 killed, 9 injured

http://gazette.com/active-shooter-situat...le/1564419
The whole "terrorism" thing is very convoluted.  What defines terrorism?  What makes this terrorism and the schmuck who gunned down the playground in New Orleans not a terrorist?  They both are terrible men with the intent to hurt and kill innocent people.  I guess you could label the Colorado thing as terrorism, and I believe it likely will be, but to me, there is a bit of a difference between a few nuts with zero affiliation to each other going on a rampage and organized groups of thousands, maybe even millions of jihadists.  It's very difficult to prevent lone wolves, no matter what their motivation may be.

I am glad they caught the man alive though.  Death by shootout with the cops would have been too easy of a way out of what's coming to him.  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6