Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Barry Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
New safety.

Also primarily a box safety like Cyp, but doesn't get totally abused when playing deep like Cyp does...just mostly abused haha. Definitely an upgrade, but not a real big one.

Love it. Dude lays the wood.
This is the closest I will be to a Church on a Sunday in a long time.

I only know about him by reading on cowboys boards, fans liked him but, would have preferred him staying but they are not upset of him leaving.

I guess he's an upgrade, not a world beater but a veteran we can count on and gives us one position less to fill in the draft (in the first round I mean).

Quote:Also primarily a box safety like Cyp, but doesn't get totally abused when playing deep like Cyp does...just mostly abused haha. Definitely an upgrade, but not a real big one.
Church is not an upgrade at all… He gets caught out of position a lot, as we will see if he starts for us next year.

Not a fan of this move.
Ranked 29 on NFL.com's 101 free agent list (Cyprien ranked 45).  29 years old.  6'2 218.  Reported thus far 4 year deal worth $6m per year.

Fills a need.     

Dallas fan: "Good run stopper and a great leader for our team. Played with a fractured arm at one point. Tough guy."

"Dammit. He was a great leader along with Sean Lee on the defense. By far the most consistent DB we had last year, made so many clutch plays (like the game winnings INT @WAS last season)"

Still would draft SS Josh Jones in the 3rd round. Depth. Depth. Depth. Also, Sample is never healthy.
Coughlin saw this dude twice a year in NY. I trust him on this one. 

Quote:Church is not an upgrade at all… He gets caught out of position a lot, as we will see if he starts for us next year.

Not a fan of this move.
Umm, how would you describe Cyp then? 

Also, he's getting 6 mil a year...he's starting. 
Quote:Church is not an upgrade at all… He gets caught out of position a lot, as we will see if he starts for us next year.

Not a fan of this move.
He's definitely better than Cyp 
Ryan O'Halloran‏ @ryanohalloran

NFL assistant on Church to #Jaguars: "They want interchangeable safeties. They don't want the Kam/Cyp type anymore."
Quote:Umm, how would you describe Cyp then? 

Also, he's getting 6 mil a year...he's starting. 
Cyp blows too...

Church is not going to do well playing in a system where the safeties are interchangeable - meaning they have to be able to tackle and cover.

I hope he can be a "Reggie Nelson" and turn into a very good safety for a different team in a different environment.
Quote:Cyp blows too...

Church is not going to do well playing in a system where the safeties are interchangeable - meaning they have to be able to tackle and cover.

I hope he can be a "Reggie Nelson" and turn into a very good safety for a different team in a different environment.
Well yes, that NFL assistant quote is an idiot.
Quote:Ryan O'Halloran‏ @ryanohalloran

NFL assistant on Church to #Jaguars: "They want interchangeable safeties. They don't want the Kam/Cyp type anymore."

Time for some cover 2
I don't think this means we're drafting RB at 4...

Also Church has been healthy for a full season twice... and topped 100 tackles only once...

Not sure if this is an upgrade so much as a cheap stop gap.

Safety is very much still an option at 4.

Hate to see Church leave Dallas.  He is a leader and Jags got themselves a good player.  He is definitely an upgrade at safety.

Quote:I only know about him by reading on cowboys boards, fans liked him but, would have preferred him staying but they are not upset of him leaving.

I guess he's an upgrade, not a world beater but a veteran we can count on and gives us one position less to fill in the draft (in the first round I mean).
They seem upset, because now they have no safety and he was the captain of the secondary.
Team Captain...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6