Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Barry Church

New safety.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Also primarily a box safety like Cyp, but doesn't get totally abused when playing deep like Cyp does...just mostly abused haha. Definitely an upgrade, but not a real big one.

Love it. Dude lays the wood.

This is the closest I will be to a Church on a Sunday in a long time.

I only know about him by reading on cowboys boards, fans liked him but, would have preferred him staying but they are not upset of him leaving.

I guess he's an upgrade, not a world beater but a veteran we can count on and gives us one position less to fill in the draft (in the first round I mean).

Quote:Also primarily a box safety like Cyp, but doesn't get totally abused when playing deep like Cyp does...just mostly abused haha. Definitely an upgrade, but not a real big one.
Church is not an upgrade at all… He gets caught out of position a lot, as we will see if he starts for us next year.

Not a fan of this move.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2017, 04:58 PM by ATLjag.)

Ranked 29 on NFL.com's 101 free agent list (Cyprien ranked 45).  29 years old.  6'2 218.  Reported thus far 4 year deal worth $6m per year.

Fills a need.     

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2017, 04:58 PM by BritishJag.)

Dallas fan: "Good run stopper and a great leader for our team. Played with a fractured arm at one point. Tough guy."

"Dammit. He was a great leader along with Sean Lee on the defense. By far the most consistent DB we had last year, made so many clutch plays (like the game winnings INT @WAS last season)"

Still would draft SS Josh Jones in the 3rd round. Depth. Depth. Depth. Also, Sample is never healthy.

Coughlin saw this dude twice a year in NY. I trust him on this one. 

Quote:Church is not an upgrade at all… He gets caught out of position a lot, as we will see if he starts for us next year.

Not a fan of this move.
Umm, how would you describe Cyp then? 

Also, he's getting 6 mil a year...he's starting. 

Quote:Church is not an upgrade at all… He gets caught out of position a lot, as we will see if he starts for us next year.

Not a fan of this move.
He's definitely better than Cyp 

Ryan O'Halloran‏ @ryanohalloran

NFL assistant on Church to #Jaguars: "They want interchangeable safeties. They don't want the Kam/Cyp type anymore."

Quote:Umm, how would you describe Cyp then? 

Also, he's getting 6 mil a year...he's starting. 
Cyp blows too...

Church is not going to do well playing in a system where the safeties are interchangeable - meaning they have to be able to tackle and cover.

I hope he can be a "Reggie Nelson" and turn into a very good safety for a different team in a different environment.

Quote:Cyp blows too...

Church is not going to do well playing in a system where the safeties are interchangeable - meaning they have to be able to tackle and cover.

I hope he can be a "Reggie Nelson" and turn into a very good safety for a different team in a different environment.
Well yes, that NFL assistant quote is an idiot.

Quote:Ryan O'Halloran‏ @ryanohalloran

NFL assistant on Church to #Jaguars: "They want interchangeable safeties. They don't want the Kam/Cyp type anymore."

Time for some cover 2

I don't think this means we're drafting RB at 4...

Also Church has been healthy for a full season twice... and topped 100 tackles only once...

Not sure if this is an upgrade so much as a cheap stop gap.

Safety is very much still an option at 4.

Hate to see Church leave Dallas.  He is a leader and Jags got themselves a good player.  He is definitely an upgrade at safety.

Quote:I only know about him by reading on cowboys boards, fans liked him but, would have preferred him staying but they are not upset of him leaving.

I guess he's an upgrade, not a world beater but a veteran we can count on and gives us one position less to fill in the draft (in the first round I mean).
They seem upset, because now they have no safety and he was the captain of the secondary.

Team Captain...

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]