Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump's first full month in office brings massive empolyment boom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Trump's first full month in office brings massive employment boom as U.S. companies added whopping 298,000 new jobs in February
<ul class="">[*]New job figures from ADP beat economists' estimates by more than 100,000
[*]Official February numbers will be out on Friday and are expected to lower the unemployment rate to 4.7 per cent
[*]Trump tweeted that January and February 'were the strongest consecutive months for hiring since August and September 2015' 
[*]That language came from a similar report compiled by LinkedIn 
</ul>

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z4alU8mUvn

Job creation is a terrible thing for the government cheese blood sucking liberals. Count on this being a "bad thing" and simply building off of the momentum Barry created.

I wonder how long it will be before the liberal media actually starts calculating the real unemployment number.

Proof Obama's policies are working.

Don't change anything Donald!  Don't change anything!

Good news either way!!

I won't complain!!
What kind of jobs?
Quote:What kind of jobs?

Oh, so now the "kind of job" matters? 
Quote:Oh, so now the "kind of job" matters?

It's always mattered. Also what are the "real" unemployment numbers? Obama got it down to like 4.8% and many conservatives said it was actually in the double digits. I believe Trump gets his numbers from the same place Obama did.
They only count Non Farm Jobs

Quote:What kind of jobs?

A much higher percentage of manufacturing jobs vs. service industries compared to the recent past.

Quote:It's always mattered. Also what are the "real" unemployment numbers? Obama got it down to like 4.8% and many conservatives said it was actually in the double digits. I believe Trump gets his numbers from the same place Obama did.

It's still actually in the double digits (or at least a lot higher). The unemployment number quoted does not count people who still want jobs but gave up trying.

A better representation is the workforce participation rate. That's going to take some time to turn around significantly. Obama couldn't improve it in eight years. Check back next year to see if Trump has made a dent.

EDIT: 
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-us-lab...14694.html

Quote: 

Daniel Silver, an economist at JP Morgan, said Wednesday this was, “one of the strongest gains in the history of the series that dates back to 2001. The report showed that goods-producing payrolls surged 106,000 in February, the largest gain on record, while the service sector added a more trend-like 193,000 jobs during the month.”
I saw a number somewhere, can't find it now, that says we need to add 400,000 non farm jobs for 8 consecutive quarters to move the participation rate out out of depression levels. Slow job growth and population increases are making that number higher every quarter.
Illegal border crossings are down 40% in Trump's first full month in office.

+300k new jobs and the market dipped.

Correction incoming, folks.

Quote:+300k new jobs and the market dipped.

A correction was coming even if Abraham Lincoln was resurrected and somehow won the presidency. No biggie.
Quote:+300k new jobs and the market dipped.

Sure it is.  The market has basically been flat for about a week and will probably more-or-less remain so until the Fed meets next Tuesday/Wednesday.  It's expected that they will announce another rate hike which will probably cause a dip and slight correction.
Well, I'm glad somebody is finding a job out there. It's one of the few things I do not like about where I live. Small towns like where I live aren't largely influenced by this stuff. The majority of jobs here that don't require a degree or trade certification are swallowed up by students. Medical billing and coding, which is what I am certified in, is much more difficult to secure employment in than I thought because everyone pretty much requires you to have experience and in that particular field volunteering to get experience is not an option due to HIPPA.

Hahahahahaha - trying to claim credit, or blame, after a whole 50 days in office. Silly and desperate.

Quote:I wonder how long it will be before the liberal media actually starts calculating the real unemployment number.

That was always a labor dept function.  There are 6 different unemployment numbers they used to report.  I think they stopped reporting U4, U5 and U6 several years ago.  The number frequently reported is U2.  www.shadowstats.com still calculates all 6 numbers.  I think U6 is around 26%.
Thanks Obama!
Quote:Thanks Obama!

B-b-b-Bush!
Pages: 1 2 3