Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: To those of you who are complaining about the ugly win...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

...Would you still complain if this game was the Superbowl and we won on a field goal with no time left in regulation? Granted, there were some ugly plays out there today, but a win is a win. The Jags won the turnover battle- and made plays when they needed to. The Ravens shot themselves in the foot with penalties, and that facemask on the second to last play by Dumervil defies belief. At the end of the day, we're 3-6, and are still in the race for the AFC South title; that's all that matters.

On a side note, the Jaguars got their first win in Baltimore since 1999-handing Joe Flacco only his 3rd home loss in the month of November.

You can't complain about this game being ugly for us because it was ugly for them too. Everyone was making errors. Some games are just all around bad and you take the W.

You can't be mad considering you can't even properly evaluate anything because everyone on the field for both teams played like trash...except Davon House anyway.

This game gave me more anxiety than a pregnancy scare.. I wouldn't have it any other way

It was ugly, but i will take it.

My favorite part is that they tried to ice the kicker.  I hate that.  Glad Myers nailed it.

Hell with the ugly part, my throat still hurts from the 53 harder. Don't want to say my eyes were closed until the announcement, but
I don't want to complain but let's look at our wins so far

Miami - a team in such disarray that they fired their head coach a few weeks later. And we needed a 59 yard field goal to help us get a win

Buffalo - 4 turnovers for Buffalo(including two defensive touchdowns), No Tyrod Taylor, Sammy Watkins, or Percy Harvin, and we still need a questionable PI call to help extend our game winning drive after we blew a 27-3 lead

Baltimore - Their wide receivers are Gene Smith era quality with the losses of Steve Smith and Perriman, they turned the ball over 4 times today, and we still needed a facemask call at the end of the game to set up the game winning field goal

I just want to see the Jaguars win convincingly. Is that too much to ask?

Until the team wins consistently, I will take any win no matter how ugly or pretty.
We lost 14 straight road games. Anyone complaining is ignorant.
better than the ugly losses for sure

LOL, superbowl....  you realize that's a false equivalent, right?

But either way, it was one heck of a game.  I'm glad i didn't give up on Meyers, though I will admit I was quite peeved with that 28 yard miss!!!

But once BB5 got the ball back I had a good feeling.  And then, when we got the break to actually kick the FG, I had a feeling we'd make it.

I have confidence in these players.  They are winners!  They just need a bit of a better leader.  But that's another discussion.

Either way, I loved this game!!!  The team pulled out a win on the road in a tough enviornment against a team that has won the superbowl.  I'll take that anyway I can get it!!!

That's the way it works around here for most posters...Some posters would complain if in one game, Bortles threw for 500 yards, zero ints 26, touchdowns, rb ran for 1000 yards, 130 receiving yards per wrs, 126 sacks by the defense, 88 ints from our DBs, and a 99 yard field goal  that went right down the middle of the uprights, and then they would scream about how crappy Gus is and Khan should fire everyone that works at the stadium including the guys who cut the grass and wash the uniforms and the hot dog guy

Quote:LOL, superbowl....  you realize that's a false equivalent, right?

But either way, it was one heck of a game.  I'm glad i didn't give up on Meyers, though I will admit I was quite peeved with that 28 yard miss!!!

But once BB5 got the ball back I had a good feeling.  And then, when we got the break to actually kick the FG, I had a feeling we'd make it.

I have confidence in these players.  They are winners!  They just need a bit of a better leader.  But that's another discussion.

Either way, I loved this game!!!  The team pulled out a win on the road in a tough enviornment against a team that has won the superbowl.  I'll take that anyway I can get it!!!

This was definitely Bradley's signature win, a 60 minute discourse on the Gus Bus Era of Jaguars football. All the highs, lows, expletive-filled rage and uncontrollable laughter of the last 3 seasons.
Quote:That's the way it works around here for most posters...Some posters would complain if in one game, Bortles threw for 500 yards, zero ints 26, touchdowns, rb ran for 1000 yards, 130 receiving yards per wrs, 126 sacks by the defense, 88 ints from our DBs, and a 99 yard field goal  that went right down the middle of the uprights, and then they would scream about how crappy Gus is and Khan should fire everyone that works at the stadium including the guys who cut the grass and wash the uniforms and the hot dog guy

You never complain about the hot dog guy, unless of course he doesn't wash his hands.
The development of a team is, lose big, lose small, win small, win big.  Win big comes last.  I do think the Jags are due for a big game soon. 

Quote:I don't want to complain but let's look at our wins so far

Miami - a team in such disarray that they fired their head coach a few weeks later. And we needed a 59 yard field goal to help us get a win

Buffalo - 4 turnovers for Buffalo(including two defensive touchdowns), No Tyrod Taylor, Sammy Watkins, or Percy Harvin, and we still need a questionable PI call to help extend our game winning drive after we blew a 27-3 lead

Baltimore - Their wide receivers are Gene Smith era quality with the losses of Steve Smith and Perriman, they turned the ball over 4 times today, and we still needed a facemask call at the end of the game to set up the game winning field goal

I just want to see the Jaguars win convincingly. Is that too much to ask?
I get it. There's no question that this team has a long, long, way to go to be regarded as 'legitimate'. However, given our circumstances, we really shouldn't be to picky; a win is a win, after all, and like they say, 'beggars can't be choosers'. At 3-6 in the AFC South division, were definitely beggars. 
We won!  Should be no complaining.  One of the craziest Jag games I've every seen.  

A win is a win.  I will take it any way

We are usually on the losing end of these types of games. Glad to be on the other side
Fifth quarter radio said only four times in NFL history has an end of game personal foul allowed a team to win on an untimed final play and the Jags are one of them .

I'd rather have an ugly win that a pretty loss. 

No such thing as an ugly win. A win is a win.
Pages: 1 2 3