Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: One game out of the playoff race. Unbelievable (merged)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
If you were to tell me a 3-6 team is in playoff contention I would think your nuts.  But here we are.  

The Ravens are a better team than Tennessee so we should be able to win this Thursday.  If the Jags do a win a very winnable game they are tied with Indy.

The Ravens aren't any better than Tennessee.

The only reason you might consider them a little better is Joe Flacco at QB and Harbaugh at HC.

Both teams are bad.

Miami beat Philadelphia in Philadelphia. What about that.

Quote:The Ravens aren't any better than Tennessee.

The only reason you might consider them a little better is Joe Flacco at QB and Harbaugh at HC.

Both teams are bad.
Flacco over a Rookie any day.  Just the QB position alone makes them that much better.  Baltimore still has a much better secondary as well.
Quote:The Ravens aren't any better than Tennessee.

Both teams are bad.

This. Plus Mariota can beat you more ways than Flacco. (Not saying hes better, Just Mariota is more mobile). 

If the Jags lose thursday, It really is over. We can't afford to lose within our own division any longer. Thats colts/Texans losses hurts so much right now

Quote:Flacco over a Rookie any day.  Just the QB position alone makes them that much better.  Baltimore still has a much better secondary as well.

Tennessee has a top 3 pass defense.

Their secondary can't be that bad.
Two home games against teams with worse records than us and an away game against one of them too coming up.

All winnable, we've won 2 of the last 3 - let's get a run together and we could be .500 going into the Falcons game.

We're contending in a dumpster division.  Yay.

Only reason were even close to contention is everyone else is just as bad or worse.

whats so unbelievable?

Quote:We're contending in a dumpster division.  Yay.
Like Carolina last year? And Seattle in 2010 (or 2011 I forget).

I'll take it.
Quote:Like Carolina last year? And Seattle in 2010 (or 2011 I forget).

I'll take it.
Exactly.

Who cares if the other teams in our division are crap? We need to capitalize and so far we have done so.

It's like rooting for your favorite CFB conference... I could care less as long as my team is winning.
Quote:We're contending in a dumpster division. Yay.

Aye as long as we're contenders that's ALL that matters. A Step up is never a bad thing
Such a liberal look on things..... as long as were doing ok, due to the bollocks of other teams its time to celebrate..

Trophies for everyone !

I wanna stomp a winning team 43-9

Quote:Such a liberal look on things..... as long as were doing ok, due to the bollocks of other teams its time to celebrate..

Trophies for everyone !

I wanna stomp a winning team 43-9

Then maybe you should change your handle.  Because that's not realistic.

Don't despise the day of small things.  We need to win against the dumpster teams.  The days of winning over good teams is on the way.
Quote:If you were to tell me a 3-6 team is in playoff contention I would think your nuts.  But here we are.  

Please don't think about my nuts.

Kthxbye.
This may be the worst division in the history of pro football. Can you imaging a 6-10 or a 5-11 team winning? Unbelievable. 

But I'll take it...

Quote:Aye as long as we're contenders that's ALL that matters. A Step up is never a bad thing

We didn't step up.  Everyone else stepped down.
Quote:Like Carolina last year? And Seattle in 2010 (or 2011 I forget).

I'll take it.

I'm assuming you mean that this indicates we'll shine next year.  I wouldn't count on it.
Quote:I'm assuming you mean that this indicates we'll shine next year.  I wouldn't count on it.
So we're not improving this year?

After week 10 in 2013 the record was 1-8 (including 5 blowouts Chiefs 28 - 2, Seahawks 45 - 17, Colts 37 - 03, Chargers 24 - 06, 49ers 42 - 10 - every game we lost was by 10 points or more)

Last year it was 1-9 (3 blowouts: Redskins 41-10, Colts 44-17, Chargers 33-13 - two games we lost was a one score game - Steelers 17-09 and Titans 16-14).

We're currently sat at 3-6 with the easiest 3 game stretch of the season coming up. We've lost 4 of our 6 losses by one score. We've been blown out once and that was going to the currently 9-0 Patriots. If we come out of this season with 6+ wins I feel like we could be very much a playoff team next year, bad division or no bad division.

its all about matchups
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5