Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: AJ Cann
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
How do you guys feel about this guy so far? I feel like we might have bookend elite guards next year. He's maturing fast for a third rounder that was thrown into the shuffle because of injuries.

He and Brandon Linder will be special, for sure.

Joeckel still the weakest link
Quote:Joeckel still the weakest link

Leave it to you to completely disregard the purpose of the thread to complain about something. Also beadles is playing much worse than luke.
I think Nic Jacobs is actually a better blocker than Beadles lol

I never know how to properly evaluate OL individually. Usually if we don't give up sacks "the o-line did well." But it's good to hear AJ Cann looks good
I'm surprised. Usually rookies struggle as vet DLs take advantage of their inexperience, but I've heard nothing of the sort about AJ.

He's playing below average. However he's a rookie and playing against very tough matchups in the last 4 weeks.

I think as the season progresses hell start to impose his will more and cut out the penalties.
He's not getting much push upfront, but he's not getting blown back into Bortles either. He's playing ok. With more reps hopefully he'll start road grading.

What the last two posters said.
Is his name pronounced 'Cann' as in, 'lets go to the Cann film festival', or is it. ' someone pass me the can opener'; or is it...like the owners name...KHANNNN!? 

Funny I was just thinking about this earlier today. I have not heard much about him and for an offensive lineman that is usually a good thing.
He's been average. Not bad as a rookie. I'm kind of surprised because he seems to have struggled more in the run blocking than pass pro, and I thought it would be the opposite.

But who am I, I've got no idea.
Quote:I never know how to properly evaluate OL individually. Usually if we don't give up sacks "the o-line did well." But it's good to hear AJ Cann looks good

I like your honest. I don't think anyone here is qualified to properly evaluate an offensive guard, imo.
Haven't really heard too much about him, so i guess thats a good thing.
For the first year?......been dang good. Wait until he gains more experience.

Man you guys are hard to please. :yes:
Quote:I like your honest. I don't think anyone here is qualified to properly evaluate an offensive guard, imo.

I wouldn't sell people short. There are quite a few here who played offensive line, some of which I know at the D1 level collegiately. It doesn't make them an expert nor does it make people who didn't play it any less able, but surprisingly there are some bright people on the board.
Quote:How do you guys feel about this guy so far? I feel like we might have bookend elite guards next year. He's maturing fast for a third rounder that was thrown into the shuffle because of injuries.

He and Brandon Linder will be special, for sure.

I'm excited about AJ. I've seen some nasty blocks already. I'd take him over a bunch of guards I've seen play this season that's for sure.
I think he's been solid. I was expecting a little more push up front as I remember him being called a good run blocker. He has been surprising good in pass pro though. Yeah he's been beat a few times and missed assignments but once he gets his hands on guys he neutralizers them.

All this experience will definitely pay off sooner rather than later.
Don't forget that in his first 3 starts he has had to face a lot of Gerald McCoy, JJ Watt, and Marcell Dareus. 3 $100 million dlineman in your first 3 starts, and managing to hold your own, is as good as can be expected.

Quote:Don't forget that in his first 3 starts he has had to face a lot of Gerald McCoy, JJ Watt, and Marcell Dareus. 3 $100 million dlineman in your first 3 starts, and managing to hold your own, is as good as can be expected.
This. He has done pretty well for what he has been put up against. I hope to see him keep growing and become a great 3rd round pick up for us.
Pages: 1 2 3 4