Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Bortles nominated for Clutch Performer of the Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Vote here: http://www.nfl.com/voting/clutch-perform...0000564682

Unlike T.J. Yeldon's Rookie of the Week nomination, this one actually has some merits because Bortles led us to a comeback win. The lack of live TV coverage Sunday means we all need to vote early and often if he can even come close to Tom Brady or Kirk Cousins, who I was able to watch from 30,000 feet up.

Quote:Vote here: http://www.nfl.com/voting/clutch-perform...0000564682

Unlike T.J. Yeldon's Rookie of the Week nomination, this one actually has some merits because Bortles led us to a comeback win. The lack of live TV coverage Sunday means we all need to vote early and often if he can even come close to Tom Brady or Kirk Cousins, who I was able to watch from 30,000 feet up.
"Comeback win"

More like kept us from being laughed out of the stadium for the fourth week in a row.
Quote:"Comeback win"

More like kept us from being laughed out of the stadium for the fourth week in a row.

If you are trailing 31-27 late in the fourth quarter and only have time for one more drive for a touchdown, it is a comeback win. We can still be laughed at for needing to do that, but it is what it is - something good Blake did with the Allens.
I'd say he deserves it. His competition is...

• Tom Brady - it's not really clutch when it's Mr. Clutch doing it.

• Kirk Cousins - It was the Bucs

• Dwayne Harris - Nice KO return, but that should win him ST Player of the Week instead

• Tony Jefferson - big deal... no different than what Aaron Colvin did vs the Bills

Quote:Vote here: <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/voting/clutch-performer/2015/REG/7?module=HP11_content_stream_voting_gmc#playerId:0ap3000000564682'>http://www.nfl.com/voting/clutch-performer/2015/REG/7?module=HP11_content_stream_voting_gmc#playerId:0ap3000000564682</a>

The lack of live TV coverage.

The game had 33.6 million viewers...
Is Allen Hurns in the list? That pass falls incomplete 6 out of 10 times in the league. He left ground and saved his QB.
Quote:The game had 33.6 million viewers...

Actually, it was 15.2 millions viewers, but several had to re-fresh making for 33.6 million views.

It is funny (to me) that WR Allen Hurns isnt up there but rather QB Blake Bortles... I mean sure he rolled out and made the pass but it wasnt a perfect pass, Hurns had to dive for it despite being wide open for the end zone...

I wonder how great WR Allen Hurns would be if say he was on the Patriots... just saying..

Quote:Actually, it was 15.2 millions viewers, but several had to re-fresh making for 33.6 million views.

lol that's about right.  The quality of the yahoo stream early on was terrible.

There's a reason we Google stuff and don't yahoo it.
Quote:lol that's about right.  The quality of the yahoo stream early on was terrible.

There's a reason we Google stuff and don't yahoo it.

It's as if they make you re-boot so they can double their views.

Quote:It is funny (to me) that WR Allen Hurns isnt up there but rather QB Blake Bortles... I mean sure he rolled out and made the pass but it wasnt a perfect pass, Hurns had to dive for it despite being wide open for the end zone...

I wonder how great WR Allen Hurns would be if say he was on the Patriots... just saying..
You hate blake so much that you as a fan can't respect when he does something well? 

Quote:Is Allen Hurns in the list? That pass falls incomplete 6 out of 10 times in the league. He left ground and saved his QB.
Look at the play again and tell me how that wasn't a good pass? Do me a favor and stop hating. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/game-day-pulse...ake-lively
This lame guy here.
My god the disrespect some of you have for blake is just fustrating for me because we all should be supporting him. He made the pass that was there and if aaron rogers had made that same pass he would win player of the week by a landslide. 

Quote:This lame guy here.
The chump is back 
Quote:The chump is back
The hit dog will holler. You use to be the same duck who was the president for the Mike Sims Walker fan club so you know your credibility is shot and sunshine pumping is sky high.
Quote:My god the disrespect some of you have for blake is just fustrating for me because we all should be supporting him. He made the pass that was there and if aaron rogers had made that same pass he would win player of the week by a landslide. 

What are the chances Hurns is laying out like that if Rodgers made the throw?

Quote:What are the chances Hurns is laying out like that if Rodgers made the throw?
you tell me?
What always makes me laugh is that as soon as someone gets it in their head that they don't like someone, they simply cannot give them ANY credit. Blake 'Scapegoat' Bortles could throw an 80 yard pass in the lastplay of the Superbowl to win.. and someone else would get the credit. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4